Official UFN 42 (Henderson vs. Khabilov) Betting Thread - Post Your Bets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tennis results and plays for tomorrow
Ferrer -7
Verdasco +3

Quarterfinals:

Djokovic -5.5
Berdych money line

French Open WTA, June 3rd
Muguruza +5 -110 vs. Sharapova
Bouchard -125 vs. Navarro

That Benoist line is insane. I don't think it will be anywhere close to that when 5dimes opens it.

Full odds are out:

Opening odds / Current odds

822_o.png
822.png

And what about the Gil Menedez title defense? Do most Sherdoggers accept that win as legit, albeit a real, real close legit win?

I think the second Edgar fight is the only one that merits the use of the term "robbery". As Plekz, I feel the Thompson fight should've been a draw at best (or a win for Thompson) and the Gilbert fight I feel was even closer, it could basically go either way and the fact that Benson got the nod should not add to his stock significantly.

If there's anything we've learned from this it's that Benson is not afraid of being in those razor close fights. Maybe the brutal loss to Pettis has had an impact on his approach and he will come back with a vengeance - but honestly he was lucky his reign as champion lasted as long as it did with all those close fights.

With that said, having close fights with Edgar, Gil and Thompson is not exactly walks in the park - but his historical "willingness" to do so makes betting the underdog slightly more appealing.

I need to rewatch some of Khabilovs fights but right now I'm hoping to get him @ +250 if the public comes in on the big name guy as I think they will.

NM...didn't see the best odds afterwards..

[YT]LWNm5PQ8q5U[/YT]

The Kid shut down The Hybrid.

Khabilov - hometown fight, returning from injury (vs dos Anjos), small ring rust 213 days
Pearson - returning from knee injury (vs Guillard), small ring rust 224 days
Sanchez - hometown fight
Dodson - hometown fight, returning from knee injury (vs Jorgensen), small ring rust 231 days
High - returning from ruptured appendix (vs Dariush), small ring rust 203 days
Hallmann - fight moved from UFC 173, small ring rust 224 days
Edwards - returning from TKO loss, fight moved from UFC 173, small ring rust 213 days
Perez - hometown fight, small ring rust 203 days
Caraway - returning from injury (vs Martins), large ring rust 406 days
Benoist - returning from injury [broken leg] (vs Thiago), large ring rust 623 days
Tuck - small ring rust 224 days
Lindsey - UFC debut, short notice 3 weeks (in for Yosdenis Cedeno)
Cummins - returning from TKO loss
Narvaez - UFC debut, short notice 1 week (in for Francimar Barroso), returning from injury (vs Bush), small ring rust 267 days, was training for Bubba Bush Legacy FC 31 June 13

He was making a joke there lol.

But I agree fightpass is great for researching. It was a smart move on the ufc's part too. The most effective way to combat piracy is to make your own content easily available for paying customers. Apple did this with the music industry by making their content easily available for paying customers via itunes. The last several years those knuckle heads at the ufc were removing old fights from the net without even bothering to make their own content available in the same format: Online streaming. They've been missing out on a lot of revenue due to their own backwards thinking. Did they actually believe that attacking online piracy would protect their dvd sales, a format noone wants to use? Complete stupidity. /rant.

Lol thank you

Seriously how does anyone even conplain about it. It's such a bargain.

Tennis results and plays for tomorrow
Ferrer -7
Verdasco +3

Quarterfinals:

Djokovic -5.5
Berdych money line

psssh, you got lucky on ferrer! if only he would've won that tiebreak, my +8 would've hit and you would've pushed, haha.. i was like "Nooooooo! don't win, anderson! i bet on you but just stop trying now and we've got this!"

i have the berdych 1u +300 to win his quarter still there, so that's my only play on that one for tomorrow, no sense in putting more, will be very happy with +3u if it wins, and judging how poorly i've done in the french so far, max 1u if(when!) i lose lol.

tempted to do raonic +6.5 or +7.. he played djok REALLY tough in rome this year, i remember that match. 6-7, 7-6, 6-3 djok.. and that was less than a month ago. ...that said, man, djoker looks good. (obviously). he and nadal are just a class above EVERYONE right now. will just be 1u if i do it.

French Open WTA, June 3rd
Muguruza +5 -110 vs. Sharapova
Bouchard -125 vs. Navarro

WTA
totally on board on both of these. aside from me having +300 on berdych tomorrow via pre-tourney bet... i like both of these plays mroe than any lines that are available for berdych-gulbis or djokovic-raonic

That Benoist line is insane. I don't think it will be anywhere close to that when 5dimes opens it.

well, he pulled out against paulo thiago last summer, hasnt fought since 2012..

i think it'll be a super close fight, prolly decision. volker might be a little tougher, but benoist is a bit more technical.

i agree, though, really liked the +217. when i finally got home to bet it (at small limits), it dropped to +200, i bet it, then it dropped to +180, bet it again

Tennis

Up 1u on the day. Tomorrow I got Berdych+Joker+Brazil(WC friendly Thur). Also got Dodgers(tonight)+Joker+Sharapova and Nadal+Bouchard+Errani.

Khabilov - hometown fight, returning from injury (vs dos Anjos), small ring rust 213 days
Pearson - returning from knee injury (vs Guillard), small ring rust 224 days
Sanchez - hometown fight
Dodson - hometown fight, returning from knee injury (vs Jorgensen), small ring rust 231 days
High - returning from ruptured appendix (vs Dariush), small ring rust 203 days
Hallmann - fight moved from UFC 173, small ring rust 224 days
Edwards - returning from TKO loss, fight moved from UFC 173, small ring rust 213 days
Perez - hometown fight, small ring rust 203 days
Caraway - returning from injury (vs Martins), large ring rust 406 days
Benoist - returning from injury [broken leg] (vs Thiago), large ring rust 623 days
Tuck - small ring rust 224 days
Lindsey - UFC debut, short notice 3 weeks (in for Yosdenis Cedeno)
Cummins - returning from TKO loss
Narvaez - UFC debut, short notice 1 week (in for Francimar Barroso), returning from injury (vs Bush), small ring rust 267 days, was training for Bubba Bush Legacy FC 31 June 13

not sure if it's fair to call jacksons' fighters "hometown fighters" just cause it's in albuquerque ... like khabilov is a dagastan russia guy.. some of the other jackson's guys are from there, granted (or nearby texas), but just wanted to say that

p.s.: i never realized that like 99% of russian fighters have a V in their last name.. can anyone think of any who don't?? lol.. i can think of just a few.. emelianenko, stepanyan.... Klitschko brothers...

not sure if it's fair to call jacksons' fighters "hometown fighters" just cause it's in albuquerque ... like khabilov is a dagastan russia guy.. some of the other jackson's guys are from there, granted (or nearby texas), but just wanted to say that

p.s.: i never realized that like 99% of russian fighters have a V in their last name.. can anyone think of any who don't?? lol.. i can think of just a few.. emelianenko, stepanyan.... Klitschko brothers...

Shlemenko & Zayats comes to mind, but yea "v" in general is super common in Russian names and everyone from Dagestan and Chechnya seems to have a last name that ends with "ov" or "ev".

Somewhat related I really wanna see Adlan Amagov back in action, I hear he's training in Moscow but I have no idea when or even if he plans to come back. That dude is a fucking savage, sad to see him spending his prime on the bench.

Aren't the Klitschko brothers Ukranian?

Tennis

Big on Bouchard as well as Muguruza/Sharapova to go 3 sets. Small on Berdych ML. Staying away from Djokovic/Raonic, both guys are playing very well (Djokovic exceptionally so). Think Djokovic will take it, but by how much?

not sure if it's fair to call jacksons' fighters "hometown fighters" just cause it's in albuquerque ... like khabilov is a dagastan russia guy.. some of the other jackson's guys are from there, granted (or nearby texas), but just wanted to say that.

I've wasted many posts by reminding him about this very issue. But to no avail...

I don't think Card even knows why he does it, he just sits there posting incorrect information while muttering "clunk, clunk, clunk." For days and days, I sat and watched him, trying to understand the meaning behind it all. I sat in the garden eating lunch, watching him post incorrect information, but still never could clearly read him.

So, why does he do it? No one really knows... All we know is, the gods allow it.

How the hell is is Patrick Cummins -380 versus anybody? UFC hype train on full display.

nhl finals

was back and forth for a while on the pick, here. imo, it's super close. i give a TINY edge to LA, just because i think their depth is a little better and quick's sealed the deal in the playoffs, unlike lundqvist in the past. but nyr's depth has been arguably the key to their success, too. dominic freakin moore has been ridiculous, a 4th liner..

at +150, i think they're clearly the play. i'd say maybe 2u or so.

i did 5u, but note that i have a playoff pool that i do for a few hundy.. and i picked LA in that one, so i'm doing more on nyr than i'm recommending due to that.

full props are not up yet, btw, for series games & what not. i am almost assuredly doing another O5.5/O6.0 line at -150ish if that's the price, probably 4u or so.

Not bad but I like LA in this matchup. As much as I'd like to think Rangers can win this one but I'm not sure they have an answer to LAs Defense + Quick.Rangers rolling 4 good lines is key against a team that has been to 3 game 7s so they'll have to be a little fortunate and Hank will have to again be the best player. Let's go rangers!

I've wasted many posts by reminding him about this very issue. But to no avail...

I don't think Card even knows why he does it, he just sits there posting incorrect information while muttering "clunk, clunk, clunk." For days and days, I sat and watched him, trying to understand the meaning behind it all. I sat in the garden eating lunch, watching him post incorrect information, but still never could clearly read him.

So, why does he do it? No one really knows... All we know is, the gods allow it.

It's not technically their hometown, but the info is useful for gambling purposes.

I think the biggest advantage for hometown fighters is getting the crowd reaction during the fight which can create the illusion that what the hometown fighter is doing is more significant than it actually is, which can sway judges.

When Buffer says "fighting out of Albuquerque, New Mexico" that should be enough to have the crowd back them.

They also will benefit from lack of travel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back