Official UFC 173 Betting Thread (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean they are going to have 3 belts after Machida KO's The Chris and Werdum submits Cain?

:D

Will await for the Brazilian offical excuses afterwards just in case....

CB has looked much improved lately, each fight he just looks better and better and continues to come in as an underdog. His main weakness is his chin but I really don't see Carmont testing that much. As far as wrestling goes we all know how has the better credentials and thats pretty much how Carmont 'wins' most of his fights. I don't have a 5D account but I hope CB is still +140 by the time it comes around to my book...

CB has looked much improved lately, each fight he just looks better and better and continues to come in as an underdog. His main weakness is his chin but I really don't see Carmont testing that much. As far as wrestling goes we all know how has the better credentials and thats pretty much how Carmont 'wins' most of his fights. I don't have a 5D account but I hope CB is still +140 by the time it comes around to my book...

Very tough fight to call. Great match-making.

The MMAOddsbreakers finally got a win yesterday and they actually had good picks lol.

They were on Pichel, Chiesa, Holdsworth and Iaquinta.

Carmont has better offensive wrestling and top control IMO. Probably gonna stay away from that fight or play cb +3.5

Same here.. not sure if CB will be able to stop the takedown. Carmont may be too physical for him too, size wise

But then again so was Mutante.. Different game plan but still..

I forgot that carmont is coming off a decision loss to jacare.. Ehh I don't think cb will be able to do that to him

You mean they are going to have 3 belts after Machida KO's The Chris and Werdum submits Cain?

The notion of Werdum having anything at all for a Cain @ 100% is pretty laughable, JDS and Cain owns that weightclass with quite a margin down to the rest of the pack.

UFC FN 41 starts at 12:30 pm ET and will likely end at 5:00 PM while the TUF Brazil Finale "main card" is set to start at 10:00 pm.. which pushes the prelims 2 hours earlier ?.

We're gonna have a break between each card no matter what but its going to be a long, long day.

Hang in there. Fucking migraines are the worst. Especially the bad ones.

Thanks man. You get them too, right? My buddies think I'm a bitch b/c the pain puts me out of commission the whole day if they turn the corner and get really bad, but it really is some of the worst pain I've ever had when they get bad.

thank God for painkillers and frozen peas, imo.

Thanks man. You get them too, right? My buddies think I'm a bitch b/c the pain puts me out of commission the whole day if they turn the corner and get really bad, but it really is some of the worst pain I've ever had when they get bad.

thank God for painkillers and frozen peas, imo.

Yeah, chronic migraines. Most of mine are usually mild though so while my head always hurts, it isn't a big deal and I can deal with them.
The bad ones though- yeah those are the ones that can just wreck you and your day. I don't wish them on my worst enemy (except maybe Bjorn).

The notion of Werdum having anything at all for a Cain @ 100% is pretty laughable, JDS and Cain owns that weightclass with quite a margin down to the rest of the pack.

I remember when everyone said the same thing about Fedor vs Werdum. Good times.

Same here.. not sure if CB will be able to stop the takedown. Carmont may be too physical for him too, size wise

But then again so was Mutante.. Different game plan but still..

I forgot that carmont is coming off a decision loss to jacare.. Ehh I don't think cb will be able to do that to him

Carmont was competitive and even won a round.

UFC FN 41 starts at 12:30 pm ET and will likely end at 5:00 PM while the TUF Brazil Finale "main card" is set to start at 10:00 pm.. which pushes the prelims 2 hours earlier ?.

We're gonna have a break between each card no matter what but its going to be a long, long day.

The Berlin card prelims start on Fight Pass at 12:30 pm EDT as you said, and the main card starts on Fight Pass at 3:00 pm, probably finishing around 5:00 to 5:30 pm depending on the length of the fights I guess.

The Fight Pass prelims for the Brazil card start at 6:30 pm EDT, the televised prelims at 8 pm EDT on Fox Sports 1 followed by the main card on Fox Sports 1 at 10 pm EDT. It is going to be a long day!

Anyone talking about laughable bets or 100% locks or any such language has to be crazy after all the upsets recently.

What do you guys think of Alcantara vs Lee? I've read that Lee showed improved striking against Nam Phan but I never got to see the fight.

The MMAOddsbreakers finally got a win yesterday and they actually had good picks lol.

They were on Pichel, Chiesa, Holdsworth and Iaquinta.

Had a tough day at MMADraws.com although I did give two bonus picks that came through. Was 2/5 on best bets and 4/7 if you went with all. I personally went 6/11 but came out slightly ahead because of the o/u round prop on the main event.

We're still +10% ROI overall. Can't have a big night every time.

I remember when everyone said the same thing about Fedor vs Werdum. Good times.

Iv'e never waved the Fedor banner, i knew he would be in trouble soon as he started getting matched up with people who has actually evolved with the sport (something Fedor hasn't at all) @ 100% Werdum doesn't have the wrestling or striking to hang with Cain.

Cain needs to brainfart and take Werdum down, but he wont he'll force push Werdum so far into the cage wall that for the duration of the fight Werdum will pretty much become one with that wall.

Weidman will handle Machida aswell.

What do you guys think of Alcantara vs Lee? I've read that Lee showed improved striking against Nam Phan but I never got to see the fight.

Lee did look awesome in the Phan fight definanatly on my short list of dogs to consider along with CB

This may sound awfully far fetched but if Munozs line keeps creeping up I'm gonna take a stab on him by decision. Mousasi has been beaten by lesser wrestlers (King Mo). If you look at their opponents records, Munoz has only lost to elite competition. Mousasi struggles against excellent wrestlers, if he can avoid Mousasi's striking and get him down early, he can make this a dog fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back