Official Stars Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Discussion

I was so hyped about this when it first came out, and was very bummed out that it stuttered like hell on my PC and I couldn't play it.

After formatting my PC last week and installing Win 10 (I was on Win 7), the game is running well. Having a blast playing it. The boss battles are so fucking good, truly how light saber duels should play like in games.

Playing it on Jedi Grandmaster. The normal enemies' difficulty is good, but the boss fights are too easy. I ended up losing a few tries vs bosses on purpose, so I would enjoy the duels a little longer.

I just reached the fortress level. The boss fight at Dothramir was so fucking good.

Just bought Deluxe Edition 50% off.

Did anyone find parrying to be extremely different to the Soulsborne series or Sekiro? I'm playing on Grandmaster and the windows seem REALLY tight. Almost inconsistent lol.

Just bought Deluxe Edition 50% off.

Did anyone find parrying to be extremely different to the Soulsborne series or Sekiro? I'm playing on Grandmaster and the windows seem REALLY tight. Almost inconsistent lol.
I'd describe it as clunky in comparison to Sekiro. You could switch seamlessly from guard to parry and back again in Sekiro and do so quite rapidly without any problems. In Fallen Order that type of fluidity isn't there and results in an unavoidable window of vulnerability where there shouldn't be.

Even though i was shit at Sekiro i can still acknowledge it's P4P combat system and that these are the types of things that set it apart from other games.

I'm on the last boss of the game (I think) and I can. Not. Beat. Her. Haven't picked it up in like 2 months.

I'd describe it as clunky in comparison to Sekiro. You could switch seamlessly from guard to parry and back again in Sekiro and do so quite rapidly without any problems. In Fallen Order that type of fluidity isn't there and results in an unavoidable window of vulnerability where there shouldn't be.

Yes, it feels like there's a god damn delay somewhere in the whole 'tap block to parry' sequence. That Electrobaton asshole is a real prick if you miss any parry in his 4-hit combo.

Still, it's a pretty game. Definitely worth the 50% discount hrhr.

Am I the only one who just couldn’t get into it because the main character is a ginger ?
I just couldn’t and yes, i guess I’m shallow.

<Fedor23>

I played it with my 6 year old. His enthusiasm significantly upped the energy level. So, kidnap a child and make him/her watch you play...

Can you PM me your kid's school / schedule timings ?

I forget what difficulty i had the game on, but god dammit, i got SJW-ed.

I was getting my ass kicked by the bitch at the end and after so many tries, i just said, fuck it, this isnt fun, ill lower the difficulty, and get past this shit. I lower it, shits too easy, and i find out, the emo bitch is the last boss. THAT was the boss?! What a fucking waste.

That said, i enjoyed it enough, but to play through it again? Eh. The parkour shit can go away and the force powers just didnt dazzle. Plus, i went out of my way to get all these collectibles and...god dammit, ONCE AGAIN, i got duped.

Do you guys give 1 fucking iota about skins?! Wow. I can change the color of my parka. Oh my, somebody hold me up, i can change the stripes on the ship!

Fuck all that.

Force Unleashed 1&2 were a fkn blast to play.
These guys sure dropped the ball.

The game has just had an update for improved performance on backwards compatibility for XSX and Ps5

https://www.vg247.com/2021/01/12/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-update/amp/

High-Level Summary of Features:

• Improved framerate on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5
  • Improved dynamic resolution ranges, for a higher resolution experience on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5
  • Improved post-processing resolution for Xbox Series X and PS5. (Not Xbox Series S)
Console Specifics:
Xbox Series S

• Framerate has been increased to 60 FPS (up from 45 FPS)
Xbox Series X Performance mode

• Framerate has been increased to 60 FPS
    • Dynamic resolution added in the range of 1080p to 1440p
Xbox Series X Normal mode (non-performance mode)

• Postprocessing has been increased to 4K
    • Dynamic resolution in the range of 1512p to 2160p
PlayStation 5

• Postprocessing increased to 1440p
    • Dynamic resolution has been disabled and the game is rendering at 1200p (up from 810-1080p)

The game has just had an update for improved performance on backwards compatibility for XSX and Ps5

https://www.vg247.com/2021/01/12/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-update/amp/

High-Level Summary of Features:

• Improved framerate on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5
  • Improved dynamic resolution ranges, for a higher resolution experience on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5
  • Improved post-processing resolution for Xbox Series X and PS5. (Not Xbox Series S)
Console Specifics:
Xbox Series S

Xbox Series X Performance mode

• Framerate has been increased to 60 FPS
    • Dynamic resolution added in the range of 1080p to 1440p
Xbox Series X Normal mode (non-performance mode)

• Postprocessing has been increased to 4K
    • Dynamic resolution in the range of 1512p to 2160p
PlayStation 5

• Postprocessing increased to 1440p
    • Dynamic resolution has been disabled and the game is rendering at 1200p (up from 810-1080p)

Awesome. May soon be time to delve in.

Never played this. Now tempted to give it a try if the price is right.
I missed a sale a while back and haven't thought of it for a while, since my Disney trip being cancelled due to 'rona, but I may try to hunt down a copy soon.

loving my grandmaster NG+ run but hopefully ps5 is available soon...

been holding off GoW for the 60fps smoothness but this is hard to put down

I got this for Xmas and just started playing it. I think it does a great job of capturing the Star Wars feel. I'm enjoying it quite a bit, but I also suck at it.....I can't parry with any consistency to save my life. I would have thought that my Dark Souls/Bloodborne experience would help but nope.

loading screen seems a little faster & smoother on my ps4

<mma4>

It's really good, dude. Don't even sweat picking it up; you'll get your money's worth.
I likely will in the next few weeks. Just got into Bloodborne and trying to give that an honest shot before moving on to something else.

Some Luke Skywalker cosmetic mods have brought me back to this game.

Back