Television Official Star Trek DS9 Thread

Season 6
"A Time to Stand"

Three months pass. Battle losses mount. Dukat and the Dominion settle in on DS9. Jake remains onboard with Kira, Odo, and Quark, who acclimate to the Dominion presence. Kira and Dukat clash. Odo sees Weyoun and demands his security force be reinstated.

Sisko and the Defiant crew are reassigned and given the mission of destroying a Dominion facility using a captured Jem 'Hadar ship. They succeed, but are stranded in Dominion space without a warp drive.

This ep is nearly all set up. No story element is paid off.

Shameless chorus girl photo....

nanavisitor.jpg

Looking back though she was I think clearly the best female character Trek has come up with so far which made Janeways blandness all the more disappointing.
She was cartoonishly exaggerated as the plucky survivor terrorist from humble roots.
That's how they wrote her though.

She was cartoonishly exaggerated as the plucky survivor terrorist from humble roots.
That's how they wrote her though.

I actually felt making her personality less edgy than Ro Laren ended up being a shift for the better combined with actually having a terrorist background rather than just a chip on her sholder. I can't imagine an episode like Duet working nearly as well with Laren.

Last edited:

Morn didn’t have one line. Only one other character never talked, except this character talked when the profits took his form in a vision. And that was his only line. Do you know who that was?

Morn didn’t have one line. Only one other character never talked, except this character talked when the profits took his form in a vision. And that was his only line. Do you know who that was?
latest

Maihar'du aka Tiny Ron

That was done, because Mark Shepard the actor who played Morn, was in so many episodes, if he had any lines, he would have had to of been paid SAG scale whenever he was on screen. Even though he become a popular recurring character, because his character never had any lines, they were able to pay him as an background actor, for substantially less money

Side note

I never really liked Jake as a character, nor the actor who portrayed him. I realize his relationship with his father is supposed to be the emotional core of the show but it just doesn't work for me.

The "Jake is a writer" arc is kinda dumb.

Side note

I never really liked Jake as a character, nor the actor who portrayed him. I realize his relationship with his father is supposed to be the emotional core of the show but it just doesn't work for me.

The "Jake is a writer" arc is kinda dumb.

The best Jake episode was with a different actor playing him in The Visitor.

I actually felt making her personality less edgy than Ro Laren ended up being a shift for the better combined with actually having a terrorist background rather than just a chip on her sholder. I can't imagine an episode like Duet working nearly as well with Laren.

Did Ro ever show up in DS9? I really liked when she turned on Picard.

Not that I remember although the Marquis episode on TNG was essentially running side by side with DS9.

I liked that storyline, specifically that starfleet officers were part of it. The perfect starfleet and federation thing in TNG annoyed me.

I think they are some TNG novels set during the dominion war. Thought about reading.

I liked that storyline, specifically that starfleet officers were part of it. The perfect starfleet and federation thing in TNG annoyed me.

I think they are some TNG novels set during the dominion war. Thought about reading.

The "other Riker" did crossover of course.

How the Dominion get to Alpha Quadrant so fast? I thought the Wormhole aliens are blocking them from entering worm hole. They even vanished a huge fleet of Jem Hadar that tried once. Do the Dominion have transwarp ships?

I've watched all of Voyager but I couldn't get into DS9 due to moving around. One difference with Sisko Vs. the other Captains is... Sisko doesn't bluff. When they let Avery Brooks ACT, man did he ever!

best episode was when gowron attacked the souped-up ds9 with a huge klingon fleet

e3fe298e96f4c231ddba3db531266709.gif

latest

marked out hard for the spinaroonie photon torpedo launchers

Back