RBR ***OFFICIAL*** Sherdog Sanctioned Wilder vs Fury II PPV RBR 2/22

Who wins the rematch of the Baddest Man on the Planet ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That’s a massive increase for Wilder if you put it in context to his usual weight.

Its also very big Fury and I would say I’m a bit worried but he has the skills to fight at that weight.

Depends what Fury looks like tomorrow night but if anything that weight increase is more concerning for Wilder right now.
I don't think Wilder has ever come in that heavy.

Heaviest. 229 twice before, they said.
I have to admit, I don't like that weight for Wilder vs Fury. I have to wonder how he carries it if its a tough 12 rounder.

Jesus. Disgusting. Kid had it all. Coulda been an ATG if he stayed disciplined at lower weight and kept training. What a clown. All the way back I knew he was special and then once he got a bit of fame and I saw him flushing money and shit I was concerned and it never got any better. What a sad excuse. Last I knew he had stolen or "forgot to return" the gold and jewelry/watches he had on loan from a jewelry store for the Pac pressers fight week---so depending upon where they were from and if he ever returned them it could have been for that, too.

I have to admit, I don't like that weight for Wilder vs Fury. I have to wonder how he carries it if its a tough 12 rounder.
I like 273 less for Fury, myself. I don't see how he stays mobile enough for 12 to not have Wilder line him up at least once again, and it only takes once. Wilder might have wanted weight. I bet it was rough in the first bout in close with a man so much bigger than him. Never had that issue before. I mean able to lean on him and such.

Jesus. Disgusting. Kid had it all. Coulda been an ATG if he stayed disciplined at lower weight and kept training. What a clown. All the way back I knew he was special and then once he got a bit of fame and I saw him flushing money and shit I was concerned and it never got any better. What a sad excuse. Last I knew he had stolen or "forgot to return" the gold and jewelry/watches he had on loan from a jewelry store for the Pac pressers fight week---so depending upon where they were from and if he ever returned them it could have been for that, too.
He will Bareknucle Box Artem next year... Ha

Saturday, February 22, 2020 at 9PM ET/6PM PT
Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury
ESPN, BT Sport, FOX Sports MGM Grand, Las Vegas

The fight will be carried by Fox Sports PPV and ESPN+ PPV and BT Sport Box Office.

In the co-main event, former heavyweight world champion Charles Martin will square off against former title challenger Gerald Washington in a 12-round IBF Heavyweight Title eliminator. The PPV includes WBO Junior Featherweight World Champion Emanuel Navarrete defends his title against Filipino contender Jeo Santisima. In the PPV opener, super welterweight sensation Sebastian Fundora will face 2016 Australian Olympian Daniel Lewis in a 10-round battle of unbeatens.

Wilder vs. Fury II Prelims will feature hard-hitting undefeated contender Subriel Matias in a super lightweight showdown against Petros Ananyan, plus super lightweight contender Amir Imam taking on Javier Molina.

Prelims will begin at 7:30 p.m. ET/4:30 p.m. PT on FS1, ESPNEWS and in Spanish on FOX Deportes and ESPN3. ESPNEWS' coverage will switch to ESPN at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT.

Deontay Wilder (42-0-1, 41 KOs) vs Tyson Fury (29-0-1, 21 KOs)

WBC Heavyweight Title

Last edited:
I don't remember ever seeing Wilder get tired tbh, so 2 pounds more shouldn't make a difference

I don't remember ever seeing Wilder get tired tbh, so 2 pounds more shouldn't make a difference
He's 19 heavier than the first bout, I think. Fury. 273 vs 254. So 20 pounds ish. Big dude, so we'll see.
I can't remember what Wilder was (218?) for the first bout, but he's the biggest ever of his career at 231.

Who knows what happens and I just hope we get a good one, but I'm betting on (vbookie) and voting for Wilder in this one after the weigh-ins. So wager on Fury if you want to win, basically. That's likely what that means.

He's 19 heavier than the first bout, I think. Fury. 273 vs 254. So 20 pounds ish. Big dude, so we'll see.
I can't remember what Wilder was (218?) for the first bout, but he's the biggest ever of his career at 231.

Who knows what happens and I just hope we get a good one, but I'm betting on (vbookie) and voting for Wilder in this one after the weigh-ins. So wager on Fury if you want to win, basically. That's likely what that means.

I meant Wilder being 2 pounds more than his previous career high, 229. But yea I could see Fury getting tired tbh

Wilder is even heavier than Fury from the last fight going into the rematch. Wilder was only 212.5 pounds for that and Fury was an out of shape 256.5 pounds. Fury weighs 16.5 pounds more than the last time while Wilder weighs 18.5 pounds more. You also have to look at their normal body weight percentages. In both cases, total pounds and % of body weight, Wilder put on more and it's in muscle.

Will either fade noticeably or even gas outright? That's what we should be asking ourselves.

Wilder is even heavier than Fury from the last fight going into the rematch. Wilder was only 212.5 pounds for that and Fury was an out of shape 256.5 pounds. Fury weighs 16.5 pounds more than the last time while Wilder weighs 18.5 pounds more. You also have to look at their normal body weight percentages. In both cases, total pounds and % of body weight, Wilder put on more and it's in muscle.

Will either fade noticeably or even gas outright? That's what we should be asking ourselves.

Wilder was 208

Wilder has been close to 230 several times. I doubt it will be an issue for him, dude is fit. Fury at 270? I don’t know about that mess??

You are right but remember Wilder was 220 against Ortiz in November and Fury was only 254 against Wallin in September. Wilder gained 10 pounds in 3 months and Fury gained 20 pounds in 5 months. I was going to pick Fury but I'm not so sure anymore. He gave me Ruiz rematch vibes at the weigh ins.

Back