RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Joshua vs Usyk RBR DAZN 9/25

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You acted like I was out of line responding to what YOU posted. YOU posted Fury/Wilder stuff and then chastised me for responding.

It was a mistake, I misunderstood your post, no worries, nothing else needs to be said just a misunderstanding.

Y’all think the rematch will be different if AJ bullies Usyk? Or will that leave him exposed to get pinged up

If AJ steps up and tries to 'bully' Usyk he will get knocked on his backside. Usyk has his number and this is another pointless and undeserved rematch.

Anyone got an instance where AJ demonstrated an inside bully/mauling style? I dont know if he has that in his toolbox, but he needs it.

Anyone got an instance where AJ demonstrated an inside bully/mauling style? I dont know if he has that in his toolbox, but he needs it.

I don't think there's a fight from AJ that I haven't watched multiple times. He has never done that as far as I remember. He was always a clean boxer.

I don't think there's a fight from AJ that I haven't watched multiple times. He has never done that as far as I remember. He was always a clean boxer.
Thats what I thought, Ive seen a lot of them and couldnt recall any. Hes got one of the best uppercuts in the game, and is a monster physically. Id be very curious to see if he could adapt that to try and lay on Usyk a bit and slow him down.

Thats what I thought, Ive seen a lot of them and couldnt recall any. Hes got one of the best uppercuts in the game, and is a monster physically. Id be very curious to see if he could adapt that to try and lay on Usyk a bit and slow him down.

It would be a novelty in his game. And Usyk is very athletic, mobile and greasy to try an experiment like that on him. I predicted Usyk to win the fight but I have to say I expected him to do so easier. In fact I was pleasantly surprised by how good Joshua performed. I think he had an excellent gameplan and executed it correctly, contrary to what everyone is saying. I knew if Usyk shows us he got a chin even at HW, this is a done deal, AJ isn't outboxing Usyk, no one is. Will have to rewatch it but I think AJ landed a couple of good rights and Usyk took them unexpectedly well. If I was in AJ's team I would have him work mainly on two things: jab and defense. Because you can't have a four inch reach and three inch height advantage and get outjabbed the whole night. And you can't allow the smaller man have a 44 percent connect rate on his power punches and expect to win. Joshua is an excellent boxer but with Usyk he will have to exceed his limits. He will need an exceptional snapping jab and better defense to get in position to win the fight.

It would be a novelty in his game. And Usyk is very athletic, mobile and greasy to try an experiment like that on him. I predicted Usyk to win the fight but I have to say I expected him to do so easier. In fact I was pleasantly surprised by how good Joshua performed. I think he had an excellent gameplan and executed it correctly, contrary to what everyone is saying. I knew if Usyk shows us he got a chin even at HW, this is a done deal, AJ isn't outboxing Usyk, no one is. Will have to rewatch it but I think AJ landed a couple of good rights and Usyk took them unexpectedly well. If I was in AJ's team I would have him work mainly on two things: jab and defense. Because you can't have a four inch reach and three inch height advantage and get outjabbed the whole night. And you can't allow the smaller man have a 44 percent connect rate on his power punches and expect to win. Joshua is an excellent boxer but with Usyk he will have to exceed his limits. He will need an exceptional snapping jab and better defense to get in position to win the fight.
I also thought AJ fought very well given the opponent and the way he was going about it. I think he missed the mark in not letting his hands go, and continuing with the body work. Usyk was visibly bothered by it several times, but it seemed like AJ went away from it when Usyk started opening up on the combos.

I also thought AJ fought very well given the opponent and the way he was going about it. I think he missed the mark in not letting his hands go, and continuing with the body work. Usyk was visibly bothered by it several times, but it seemed like AJ went away from it when Usyk started opening up on the combos.

Yeah that should be part of the strategy for the rematch. But then again it's the jab and feints and the footwork that should set up the body work. Joshua had intel before the fight that Usyk doesn't like getting hit downstairs. But given their statures it's not easy at all for Joshua to have a sustained body assault round after round. He said post fight being super honest that one body punch won't do the job at this level even if Usyk was in pain. It should be a constant planned attack but it's hard to do when your jab timing is off, you are getting out-maneuvered when trying to get to an angle and when the opponent is agressively landing almost half of his power shots.

The rematch is a winnable fight for AJ but he has to make the smart adjustments and continue the learning process (Usyk is vastly more experienced and wasn't fast tracked like AJ). I've never seen Joshua throw as many shots as Saturday night in his entire career. I've never seen him take punches that well and have such stamina in such a high pace 12 round fight. The last thing he should do is listen to the masses and bulk up and come in full gung ho for the rematch. That version of AJ (that KO'd Whyte and stopped Wlad) wouldn't have lasted six rounds with Usyk.

I know, I know, don't quote yourself, whatever. Below is my final score post, then a post a page or two later for the official cards being announced.
I just re-watched and scored the bout and got my exact score of 117-111 with all rounds exactly as I saw them, IMO. Go back through this thread and find my round-by-round scores (use the av and scroll) when you re-watch and you can tell me where I'm wrong. You can also tell @Athenry04 where he's wrong because as I doubled back through the thread I noticed he had it the same by round. Kudos to you, sir. lol

Usyk round. CLEAR.

117-111, Usyk laid a boxing beating on AJ tonight.

Even a draw is a robbery, here. Usyk gets the straps.

I had it 117-111 Usyk. Not even close. That includes giving AJ a round I thought was a tossup. You could give him the 2nd, but that would only make it 116-112 on my card. No way it should be closer.

OFFICIAL SCORECARDS:

117-112, 116-112, 115-113 UD for Usyk

Props to the judges for solid cards.

I don't think I've ever seen it. This might be why I always thought that AJ fought like a character in Fight Night.

I think he could learn it but is there time before the immediate rematch? It doesn't look good for AJ but I'd be very impressed if he could make the necessary improvements.

I don't think I've ever seen it. This might be why I always thought that AJ fought like a character in Fight Night.
I think he could learn it but is there time before the immediate rematch? It doesn't look good for AJ but I'd be very impressed if he could make the necessary improvements.
Outside of tying Usyk up to slow him down I think AJ has to go for broke and throw leather. He isnt winning the chess match so I believe hes got to make it nasty inside or a dog fight to see who drops first.

Outside of tying Usyk up to slow him down I think AJ has to go for broke and throw leather. He isnt winning the chess match so I believe hes got to make it nasty inside or a dog fight to see who drops first.

Yeah I agree with that. If I were to bet on it I'd pick Usyk to win there too, but Joshua can/did hurt him. Putting it all on the line is his best shot.

Back