RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Joshua vs Usyk RBR DAZN 9/25

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around the way AJ gave up targeting the southpaw’s body right when it was starting to pay. He can do better the second time around, but then again so can Usyk.
Usyk started letting those combos fly and AJ didnt know what to do. Masterful game planning by Usyk through the entire fight. Every time AJ started finding success Usyk adjusted the approach and took it away.

Are you been serious or just trying to troll everyone's head off?
What footwork? Didn't you see him making small adjustments skipping in and out of range while firing shots. Pivoting around Joshua and clipping him with some meaningful punches. He boxed amazingly well if you can't see that your a fool.
That guy thinks Wilder can box if that helps answer your question.

Are you been serious or just trying to troll everyone's head off?
What footwork? Didn't you see him making small adjustments skipping in and out of range while firing shots. Pivoting around Joshua and clipping him with some meaningful punches. He boxed amazingly well if you can't see that your a fool.
No he's just really delusional. Spent a couple of days trying to convince me that Wilder won the first round of the Fury rematch when everyone and their dog agrees he didn't.

Fury is both even bigger than Joshua and more capable of using that size effectively to make Usyk pay when he closes. Better jab & much faster hands. He's also much smarter in tying guys up and leaning on them when he needs to. I'd watch it but I don't think Usyk has the skill mismatch vs Fury that he does vs Joshua.
Look Fury is a skilled giant, but this shit has gotten so far overblown its hard to even comprehend. I feel like people have only ever watched the second Wilder fight and base all of their Fury discussions off of that.

Ill just leave it at this, Fury has had his hands full with far lesser fighters than what Usyk is. I believe Fury is the rightful favorite because he is very talented and a massive human being, but its just comedy that everyones pretending he walks through all comers.

This is a mentality issue not training, you simply can't change the psychological make up of a fighter and turn someone into an aggressive pressure fighter when they are not wired that way. Not unless unless they are very young.
Maybe not but it's the only way he is winning. Chisora did better against Usyk because he did fight like that. And Fury managed to change his usual approach to fight Wilder that way, so it is possible.

AJ really struggled with Usyks movement and speed, it was like it was his first time on the double-ended bag and was just missing all his punches due to the movement and quickness. Usyk boxed perfectly. Only Fury can beat him imho. Wilder would look hopeless against Usyk too.

What is Usyk's power hand? I can't seem to figure out watching his fights.

WOW! Yes that was an entertaining fight! Joshua did well in some rounds. Usyk put on an amazing performance. Great win for Usyk! Congratulations to him on becoming the Unified World Heavyweight Champion!

Last edited:
Eddie Hearn coming to a thriller card soon hahah

Usyk started letting those combos fly and AJ didnt know what to do. Masterful game planning by Usyk through the entire fight. Every time AJ started finding success Usyk adjusted the approach and took it away.

Mr. Joshua gaped wonderfully, such ebony flesh is rare to taste in such a tenderized form. I could not go inside this thread yesterday because I was satiated beyond comprehension...

Hahahahahaha.... lol at Joshua. If boxing wast such a dog and pony show we would have gotten to see him vs Wilder or Fury 5 years ago. I love the sport, but it makes happy to see these hold outs get beat.

You are legitimately delusional.

So Joshua couldn't land a jab with his reach & size advantage or was he gun shy ? because sometimes fighters get hesitant but the next fight they step up, with a little adjustments Joshua beats Usyk because Joshua wasn't aggressive enough he probably thought they would give him the nod anyway.

We have seen this before with Joshua and his not boxing well against fighters he should beat.

Hahahahahaha.... lol at Joshua. If boxing wast such a dog and pony show we would have gotten to see him vs Wilder or Fury 5 years ago. I love the sport, but it makes happy to see these hold outs get beat.
I'm not a big Joshua fan but how is he a "hold out"? The Fury fight was signed and then he fought Usyk, a guy lots of people wanted to see get a shot. His resume, aside from losses obviously, is better than Fury's or Wilder's.

242856766_10160280657974271_6566039292450925968_n.jpg

This is a cool pic.

That said, I'd like to see Joshua a bit less happy someone beat him. He was the same way against Ruiz.

This is a cool pic.

That said, I'd like to see Joshua a bit less happy someone beat him. He was the same way against Ruiz.

The contrast been his and Wilder’s attitude is night and day, it will be interesting to see who fares better going forwards.

Good fight, especially for heavyweights these days and I was SHOCKED the judges actually got the decision right. AJ is a good fighter but was never great, even in a shallow division. I think Fury will beat Usyk, but it'll be a more interesting fight (if it happens) than Fury-AJ would have been. I do agree with some that I think Wilder would beat him based on power alone (and say what you will about Wilder but he comes to fight and looks for bombs).

I actually don't think Wilder does great with the Ukrainian. Wilder has power ...yes, but he's not dealing with a lot of guys like Usyk who are very fundamentally sound. They say he lacks power but he has enough to hurt these hws, I think that's partly the reason Joshua was caught thinking so much. I could see Usyk out boxing Wilder but could get caught and stop him, Wilder has that eraser for sure.

This is a cool pic.

The way he respects Usyk is unlike any other opponent he fought, Wlad included. I've watched all his interviews in the build up to this fight and he was already in a "it's a learning experience it's a blessing to box him etc" mode. I am not really into psychology and I know AJ is a legit decent dude but from pre-fight talk and body language you can see he entered this fight with the challenger attitude. He wasn't wrong though. Usyk is classy and had one hell of a resume.

Back