RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned "Iron" Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr RBR PPV 11/28

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think he held back on the body punches.

But he clearly held back from landing head shots in the latter rounds when Roy was gassing. Instead of going for his head, which was barely covered, he'd go back to the body.

Good guy Mike. No need to hand out extra CTE on a fellow legend.
I didn’t see Mike throw any head shots after round two or so, and I didn’t see him throw any hard shots up high.

it was a sparring session, which I expected.

Look, it was clear robbery, fuck them! It should have been a clear win for Tyson.

Anyway, I should have judged personally Jones Jr, this guy had been quite awful compared to this prime in his last years.

Considering, Jones Jr is also active in the gym, plus is coaching and retired just "some" years, Mike is clearly the winner of this dispute.

I watched Tyson even live in Romania punching the bag and teaching, but I am amazed by his shape. It seems some have that African "gene"! Like Foreman for example.

One more thing, the referee was pathetic, they were protecting them. RJJ should have been disqualified for such clinches in the end. I think he did well though to survive.

Last edited:
I don't think he held back on the body punches.

But he clearly held back from landing head shots in the latter rounds when Roy was gassing. Instead of going for his head, which was barely covered, he'd go back to the body.

Good guy Mike. No need to hand out extra CTE on a fellow legend.
I didn’t actually watch this freak show, since I didn’t want to potentially see Roy get knocked the fuck out, but I hope this is what actually happened

I'm happy with what I saw tbh, Tyson looked great for someone out of the ring for 15 years, I honestly thought he'd slow down and become a slow moving target after a couple of rounds but he looked fresh! Roy did a lot of holding on, but I don't think it's in his character, I feel he was simply fucked and wanted to survive, and seeing tyson was so fresh he had no other choice.

All in all it was an obvious Tyson win, but yeah happy both legends went home safe.

I freaked out each and every time tyson hit the peak-a-boo and started to bunny hop, only for him to get tangled up by RJJ.

I think it’s fair to say prime RJJ would demolish Iron Mike

And I’m a Tyson fanboi, even had the picture of hin biting hollyfield’s ear from SI taped to my wall with a spider-man “sneak attack” sticker pasted on top of it for 5-10 years.
Prime Mike would destroy prime RJJ, just saying.

Please, please don't use Roy again.. He's completely washed up with zero power. Ring craftmanship was the only thing keeping him in there.

Snoop was GOAT during the nate jake paul fight

I'm glad you all are full from such a delicious evening. Fruitful nutrients of chaos is divinity for the male Sapiens. Ingest in peace...

Tyson certainly won, and also his cardio was amazing, 54 years old, and most UFC 2020 HW's are gassed to death after a few minutes of doing virtually nothing.

I used to watch boxing a lot in the 1990s, so I am definitely familiar with both fighters. I barely watch boxing anymore--the last fight that I saw was Mayweather VS McGregor. My thoughts:

-My belief was that I thought that the more technically proficient Roy Jones Jr. would pepper Mike Tyson with jabs throughout and coast to an easy win. I also based my prediction on the fact that Tyson hadn't fought in 15 years while Roy remained an active boxer up to only a few years ago.
-In the end, I thought that Tyson won the fight 78-74 (or 6 rounds to 2). I clearly think that the judges got it wrong. My thought is that just because you're former fighters, that does not make you qualified to judge fights.
-I liked how Tyson emphasized on going for body attacks. While Tyson was very successful in scoring knockouts by going for the head during his career, I always thought that he head-hunted as a crutch (look at his fight with Frans Botha where he was being outclassed for 5 rounds until he caught him). But tonight he appeared disciplined and used the opportunity to attack the body even more when Roy was clinching. Roy looked like he was wincing in pain and was very fatigued as a result of the punches to his body. He also acknowledged their effectiveness in the post fight interview.
-Tyson also cut off the ring very well, which surprised me.

Did Roy not properly prepare for the fight or did he simply just get overwhelmed by Tyson's power? He got lucky by getting out with a draw--which at the end of the day doesn't really matter. The fight was officially an exhibition and will not count towards any rankings or record keeping.

The retard who gave the fight to Jones and the retard who gave it a draw should be ashamed of themselves.

Buncha retards.

Do you? Can you actually argue anything I said? Tyson doesn't have many great wins and only had 4 years in his prime. No one can say he didn't have all time great skill and potential, but he didn't beat nearly enough great boxers to be an all time great. That's why most experts rank him around 50

I would say that 1988 was a glorious year for Tyson, scoring spectacular knockout wins against Michael Spinks and Larry Holmes (both Hall of Fame fighters). Tyson is the only man to knockout both of these fighters. Consider how he dispatched Holmes in 4 rounds and made it look easy. 4 years later, Holmes comes out of retirement to challenge Evander Holyfield for the heavyweight title and goes the distance with many observers thinking that Holmes deserved the decision.

I’d love to see a poll about who Tyson should fight next (we know there will be next fight). Poll options I’d give: Evander, Lennox, Fedor, Tito, and Herschel.

Anderson?

I used to watch boxing a lot in the 1990s, so I am definitely familiar with both fighters. I barely watch boxing anymore--the last fight that I saw was Mayweather VS McGregor. My thoughts:

-My belief was that I thought that the more technically proficient Roy Jones Jr. would pepper Mike Tyson with jabs throughout and coast to an easy win. I also based my prediction on the fact that Tyson hadn't fought in 15 years while Roy remained an active boxer up to only a few years ago.
-In the end, I thought that Tyson won the fight 78-74 (or 6 rounds to 2). I clearly think that the judges got it wrong. My thought is that just because you're former fighters, that does not make you qualified to judge fights.
-I liked how Tyson emphasized on going for body attacks. While Tyson was very successful in scoring knockouts by going for the head during his career, I always thought that he head-hunted as a crutch (look at his fight with Frans Botha where he was being outclassed for 5 rounds until he caught him). But tonight he appeared disciplined and used the opportunity to attack the body even more when Roy was clinching. Roy looked like he was wincing in pain and was very fatigued as a result of the punches to his body. He also acknowledged their effectiveness in the post fight interview.
-Tyson also cut off the ring very well, which surprised me.

Did Roy not properly prepare for the fight or did he simply just get overwhelmed by Tyson's power? He got lucky by getting out with a draw--which at the end of the day doesn't really matter. The fight was officially an exhibition and will not count towards any rankings or record keeping.
Not sure where I saw it, but a couple years ago I read an article about RJJ, where it talked about how his knees were completely without cartilage anymore which caused him to be unable to run for cardio or train intensively anymore. I'm sure that played a huge role in him not having very good cardio or movement.... I'm saying this as someone that did not watch the fight but read some of the thread.

I only didn't watch it because I had to work, otherwise I would have!

Back