Official Sherdog Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are we going to do a class of stables here?

I'm down as long as when it comes to nWo, it's not the ENTIRE stable, but rather a select few years. Inducting the WWE nWo into any HoF is fucking stupid, the same with nWo B-Team, and Wolfpac.

I'd say the NWO from its inception through the year 1997 is the right call. Those members would include: Hogan, Hall, Nash, Giant, DiBiase, Syxx, Hennig, Bagwell, Konnan, Norton, Savage, Vincent, Elizabeth, Masa Chono, Muta, Big Bubba Rogers.

The NWO was the hottest thing in wrestling through that time so I'd say that the members of the stable from that period on would be the best ones to induct, but then we're splitting hairs.

I think the NWO Wolfpac and NWO of the WWE should be included. The fact that a stable had that kind of longevity over two companies is impressive.

If we induct the Horsemen are we not going to induct certain members like Paul Roma or Steve McMichael? Its not the induction of the particular members IMO its the stable itself, thus I feel all members with the exception of Chris Benoit should be included.

^LOL. We should include all members of a particular stable except the 4 horsemen. Then Benoit is excluded.

^LOL. We should include all members of a particular stable except the 4 horsemen. Then Benoit is excluded.

Benoit will get in. I'll make sure of it.

I'm just saying, we should be specific about incarnations of certain stables that went a while (DX, Horsemen, nWo etc), so we don't wind up inducting someone like Mongo or Virgil.

If the Horsemen go in, Benoit goes in. Thing is, you're not putting the individuals in as such, just the stable.

If the Horsemen go in, Benoit goes in. Thing is, you're not putting the individuals in as such, just the stable.

I still think Benoit should be the lone exception. If you were a part of a HOF worthy stable no matter how small your role was I think you should get in as part of said stable except for him since this is supposed to be an honor and I don't really think we want to honor a murderer.

Unfortunately, Benoit was a rather important part of the Horsemen. Cutting him out is as silly as the E blanking his name from Flair's HOF speech. Can't pretend he didn't exist.

Now a singles HOF I'd never vote for him.

Unfortunately, Benoit was a rather important part of the Horsemen. Cutting him out is as silly as the E blanking his name from Flair's HOF speech. Can't pretend he didn't exist.

Now a singles HOF I'd never vote for him.

Yep.

Thinking about it, you could state a specific line-up for the Horsemen. Like with Black Sabbath, where they've numerous line-ups over the years, but to most people, only the Ozzy or Dio fronted line-ups matter.

Same with the nWo, the Freebirds or the Midnight Express.

Thinking about it, you could state a specific line-up for the Horsemen. Like with Black Sabbath, where they've numerous line-ups over the years, but to most people, only the Ozzy or Dio fronted line-ups matter.

That's what I said.

I think thats splitting hairs though. Both variations of the Freebirds(the trio and later Hayes/Garvin) had big success. All of the Midnight Express variations with the exception of the awful Bart Gunn/Bob Holly "New" version were the top tag teams in their respective promotions at one time or another.

All the Horsemen lineups have generally been involved in the major events or a major event that got a lot of attention at least.

The NWO is the only groups where you can single out a time when they were on top which is July of 96 through December of 97 and they never really mattered after that, even when they tried NWO 2000 with Bret, Nash, Jarrett, and the Harris Brothers.

Question, is Kevin Nash a Hall of Famer?

Workrate: Not much
Promo: PRetty good
Charisma: Very good
Mainstream Success: Decent
drawing power:Decent to poor
professional success: Very good
importance to history: Good
competetive longevity: Decent (going on 20 years, isn't he?)

Seems like a decent case to make it, on the criteria.

Not on his own in this one, and nor should he be IMO.
So what he did in the NWO doesn't give him any individual merit or by inducting the NWO are we taking those specific years of his career and saying they are the only HOF worthy of his career.

So what he did in the NWO doesn't give him any individual merit or by inducting the NWO are we taking those specific years of his career and saying they are the only HOF worthy of his career.

it gives him individual merit but doesn't mean he is in. just because the nwo is in the hall of fame (its a lock once we vote on stables) does not mean that kevin nash is in the hall of fame. at least that is how i view it. of course at the nwo's booth, nash will be in many of the pictures and we may have some nash clips on running on a loop discussing the nwo and what it meant to the wcw and wrestling.

Nash is obviously a HOF lock in terms of the NWo, and I would go so far as to say the Outsiders are potential HOFers as a tag team, but I'm really not sure if I would consider him worthy as a single. At least not in the top 150-200.

No way as an individual, and I'm not even sure the Outsiders should be considered. They were just a no-selling tag team until they brought Hogan into the group as the NWO. The only version of the NWO that is HOF worthy is the original with Hall/Nash and Hogan. If I remember right, the next members after Hogan were DiBiase and Virgil.

IIRC, Diesel was one of the worst drawing champions of all time. Sid may have been down there too...

No way as an individual, and I'm not even sure the Outsiders should be considered. They were just a no-selling tag team until they brought Hogan into the group as the NWO. The only version of the NWO that is HOF worthy is the original with Hall/Nash and Hogan. If I remember right, the next members after Hogan were DiBiase and Virgil.

IIRC, Diesel was one of the worst drawing champions of all time. Sid may have been down there too...

Nash is statistically the worst drawing WWF Champion in history. Sid did better numbers surprisingly enough, even when he worked with Shawn/Bret he outdrew Nash's numbers against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back