Official Sherdog Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or possibly another class of tags? I like PM's idea about inducting angles, or perhaps inducting stables (NWO, Four Hosemen, Heenan family, etc.)?

can we induct a storyline or angle? it would be like the nfl hall showcasing a record setting performance.

This is a good idea. My only question would be if we're inducting angles that involved sequels(Midnight Rider/Midnight Rider II/James Boys) as stand alones and not recognizing the absolute horse shit that followed, or just the initial angle that got over huge?

This is a good idea. My only question would be if we're inducting angles that involved sequels(Midnight Rider/Midnight Rider II/James Boys) as stand alones and not recognizing the absolute horse shit that followed, or just the initial angle that got over huge?

i would say the specific angle nominated. nothing that comes after, unless its nominated and voted in as such.

One question: Is this man in the HOF?

27.jpg

22.jpg

vader.jpg

If not, why? He's one of the greatest Big-Men in wrestling history.

Johnny Saint bitches!

Johnny Saint bitches!

Quoted for fucking truth. The Houdini of the Mat if there ever was one. Did you ever see his matches with Mike Quackenbush?

Quoted for fucking truth. The Houdini of the Mat if there ever was one. Did you ever see his matches with Mike Quackenbush?

I haven't come across those no, but I did watch him come to America for the first time ever this year in the King of Trio's Tournament for Chikara.

Johnny Saint bitches!

Saw Johnny Saint years ago and I saw one of his matches back in '07 when he came out of retirement and I must say, very very impressive regardless of age. Too bad British wrestling goes unnoticed here.

Saw Johnny Saint years ago and I saw one of his matches back in '07 when he came out of retirement and I must say, very very impressive regardless of age. Too bad British wrestling goes unnoticed here.

It's a shame that nobody pays attention to Brits. If it wasn't for TNA, a shit ton of people would never know who Doug Williams is. I was watching a DVD last night, and they spoke about some legendary Brit promoter, and I fucking forgot his name already.

i would say the specific angle nominated. nothing that comes after, unless its nominated and voted in as such.

I think this may be a good idea here. I'm up for it if Flow is.

CCH- We did stables already I think.

I think this may be a good idea here. I'm up for it if Flow is.

CCH- We did stables already I think.

I don't think we did stables. It was discussed at one point but to my knowledge we've just had singles, tags, managers, women and promotors.

I don't think we did stables. It was discussed at one point but to my knowledge we've just had singles, tags, managers, women and promotors.

Maybe you're right...I thought we did it, but I just looked back and maybe we didn't.

I nominate The Hart Foundation :icon_chee

Maybe you're right...I thought we did it, but I just looked back and maybe we didn't.

I nominate The Hart Foundation :icon_chee

I second this nomination. All in favor?

It's a shame that nobody pays attention to Brits. If it wasn't for TNA, a shit ton of people would never know who Doug Williams is. I was watching a DVD last night, and they spoke about some legendary Brit promoter, and I fucking forgot his name already.

Max Crabtree? Maybe Dale Martin Promotions? Read The Wrestling by Simon Garfield. It covers British wrestling through to it's near death in the 90s: The Wrestling: Amazon.co.uk: Simon Garfield: Books

It's funny seeing most of the guys still trying to claim it was a legit sport, despite everyone knowing it wasn't. Never mind the fact that Jackie Pallo's repatedly stated over the years that it wasn't a sport, and the News of the World bugging the dressing room in the 70s, and overhearing a match being planned...

I did pick up these DVDs a while back, but I can't handle more than twenty minutes before I have to turn it off:

Best Of ITV Wrestling [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Dickie Davies: DVD
Best Of ITV Wrestling - A To Z [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Giant Haystacks, Big Daddy, Mick McManus, Kendo Nagasaki, Dickie Davies: DVD

There's actually footage of some good guys on there, like Rollerball Rocco and Fit Finlay, but they focus mostly on the famous guys, who were generally shit, like Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks. If it was more of Rocco, Finlay, Dynamite, etc, I'd be okay, but it's aiming for the nostalgia factor instead, and suffers greatly for it.

Max Crabtree? Maybe Dale Martin Promotions? Read The Wrestling by Simon Garfield. It covers British wrestling through to it's near death in the 90s: The Wrestling: Amazon.co.uk: Simon Garfield: Books

It's funny seeing most of the guys still trying to claim it was a legit sport, despite everyone knowing it wasn't. Never mind the fact that Jackie Pallo's repatedly stated over the years that it wasn't a sport, and the News of the World bugging the dressing room in the 70s, and overhearing a match being planned...

I did pick up these DVDs a while back, but I can't handle more than twenty minutes before I have to turn it off:

Best Of ITV Wrestling - A To Z [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Giant Haystacks, Big Daddy, Mick McManus, Kendo Nagasaki, Dickie Davies: DVD

There's actually footage of some good guys on there, like Rollerball Rocco and Fit Finlay, but they focus mostly on the famous guys, who were generally shit, like Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks. If it was more of Rocco, Finlay, Dynamite, etc, I'd be okay, but it's aiming for the nostalgia factor instead, and suffers greatly for it.

I get my World of Sport fix from a poster on youtube named "tellumyort". He has an extensive collection of stuff featuring guys most people outside of the U.K. have never heard of like Bert Royal, Robby Baron, and Robbie Brookside.

He's also got British stints in the early days of guys like Bret and Owen Hart, Finlay, Regal, Liger, Maeda, and Tiger Mask. He also has the obligatory stuff of Big Daddy, Giant Haystacks, Nagasaki(not to be confused with the Japanese Nagasaki), Rocco, Saint, etc etc. He's probably the best source of British wrestling on the net.

Big Daddy is a legend in England. I think the promoter in question was Dale Martin. It was the guy who kept British wrestling going strong while they were kicked off the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back