Official Sherdog P4P: Khabib overtakes Jones

How is cejudo > khabib...?
Cejudo has wins over

Demetrious Johnson (Former #1 P4P fighter before suffering his loss to Cejudo)

TJ dillashaw (former top 5 P4P fighter....dispatched in mere seconds )

Marlon Moraes ( Absolute destroyer who had won 17 of his last 18 fights before facing Cejudo)

Those three wins alone put him over Khabib for me, Cejudo is rightfully the #1 Flyweight & #1 Bantamweight in the world right now. That's more than enough for me to put him over Khabib, but since Tony is such a great fighter in his own right and rightfully on the P4P list himself. Beating Tony in dominant fashion may lean me toward Khabib.

Cejudo has wins over

Marlon Moraes ( Absolute destroyer who had won 17 of his last 18 fights before facing Cejudo)

Those three wins alone put him over Khabib for me, Cejudo is rightfully the #1 Flyweight & #1 Bantamweight in the world right now. That's more than enough for me to put him over Khabib, but since Tony is such a great fighter in his own right and rightfully on the P4P list himself. Beating Tony in dominant fashion may lean me toward Khabib.
He never really beat DJ

As a fan of both I've been going back and forth on this. Jones has the better resume... but has looked beatable as of late. Khabib on the other hand, has looked untouchable despite not facing the level of competition that Jones has.

20200210094139_p4p.PNG

I'm wondering if the official UFC rankings will reflect this soon? especially if Khabib beats Tony.

since when do fans give a crap about the ufc rankings

Khabib has looked untouchable versus the best competition of his career whereas Jones has looked bearable against the softest competition of his career.

He never really beat DJ
I would love to see a cross promotion trilogy take place, to me DJ is still top 5 PFP worldwide.

Regardless, a split decision 5 round war against the #1 fighter in the world should place you in very high esteem even if the result was controversial.

Last edited:
not a Jones fan but going down in the rankings after winning a fight and being replaced by someone who didn't just fight is retarded

Fair enough, even not considering he lost to Reyes, Jones looked like shit in his last two fights while Khabib dominated.

Khabib is far more dominant and not a cheat.

Jones doesn't have a Tony Ferguson equivalent at LHW with 12 straight UFC wins so the winner between Khabib and Ferg will hit the #1 spot comfortably.
So DC and Gus in his prime ain't worth a damn bit of nothing, huh?

p4p spots should change when someone wins impressively, not when he wins unimpressively.

As a fan of both I've been going back and forth on this. Jones has the better resume... but has looked beatable as of late. Khabib on the other hand, has looked untouchable despite not facing the level of competition that Jones has.

20200210094139_p4p.PNG

I'm wondering if the official UFC rankings will reflect this soon? especially if Khabib beats Tony.
I completely agree with you.

Khabib is far more dominant and not a cheat.

Jones doesn't have a Tony Ferguson equivalent at LHW with 12 straight UFC wins so the winner between Khabib and Ferg will hit the #1 spot comfortably.

<36>

As of right now

Cejudo > Khabib

if Khabib beats Tony then

Khabib > Cejudo

Khabib still has to prove he is the undisputed #1 LW.
Lmfaooo cejudo who hasnt defended a title and got the robbery decision over MM because UFC was going to trade him after the fight. Yea right buddy

Just curious, how many years has Khabib been undefeated at the highest level of the sport?
It’s not about his undefeated streak, which is very impressive. It is about his dominance in a tougher weight division. He takes zero damage and absolutely wrecks people. Jones has a loss on his record. I know that loss was BS, but no less BS than his victory 2 days ago.

Lmfaooo cejudo who hasnt defended a title and got the robbery decision over MM because UFC was going to trade him after the fight. Yea right buddy
A split decision over MM is infinitely better than a UD over #11 ranked Al iaquinta

Also Cejudo has defended a title, ya know...when he destroyed arguable BW GOAT in 32 seconds....

Look I know it's not the sexy answer, but I'm just stating the facts.

Cejudo has wins over

Cejudo actually lost though to MM the first time and Khabib never does. I do see your point I just agree with the website’s pick this time.

A split decision over MM is infinitely better than a UD over #11 ranked Al iaquinta

Also Cejudo has defended a title, ya know...when he destroyed arguable BW GOAT in 32 seconds....

Look I know it's not the sexy answer, but I'm just stating the facts.
Its not a sexy answer because its wrong. He didnt defend the title and lost to MM. The only reason he got the decision is because UFC knew they were going to trade MM after the fight regardless of the outcome. Dont worry when khabib crush this next can in April he will still have a bum record

Its not a sexy answer because its wrong. He didnt defend the title and lost to MM. The only reason he got the decision is because UFC knew they were going to trade MM after the fight regardless of the outcome. Dont worry when khabib crush this next can in April he will still have a bum record

upload_2020-2-10_14-15-3.png

Well done !

Back