No Spoilers Official Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Discussion

You know, i like to think i'm pretty good at most games i play, but man, i could never even imagine doing something like this, and then improving on it over... and over again. Some truly talented people out there in the gaming world.

Apparently the time was beaten just after by a Chinese player. I tuned into Mitch's stream briefly and he said that they have the world record now. Finally some competition in the category!

You beat me to the post!
And just like that we are looking at a sub 1:30 soon. Who would have thought? Absolutely insane.

These guys really should be working for the CIA, and quit wasting their talents on videogames.

I completely missed the boat on this game despite it winning GOTY in 2019. I kind of want to check it out but it's really expensive. Does it perform better on Playstation or Xbox?

I completely missed the boat on this game despite it winning GOTY in 2019. I kind of want to check it out but it's really expensive. Does it perform better on Playstation or Xbox?

It's well optimized on even the lower tier last gen consoles, so unless you're absolutely obsessed with maxed frame rates, you won't notice much no matter where you play it.

Fair warning, though. It's no joke. It's insanely difficult at times. It's one of the hardest games I've ever played, and I would rank it a few notches above the Souls series in that regard. Lightning reflexes and extreme attention to pattern recognition are a must. Just know what you're getting into before you drop $50 on it.

It's well optimized on even the lower tier last gen consoles, so unless you're absolutely obsessed with maxed frame rates, you won't notice much no matter where you play it.

Fair warning, though. It's no joke. It's insanely difficult at times. It's one of the hardest games I've ever played, and I would rank it a few notches above the Souls series in that regard. Lightning reflexes and extreme attention to pattern recognition are a must. Just know what you're getting into before you drop $50 on it.
Thanks, I'll hold out then. Got Elden Ring coming up and still haven't beaten Demon's Souls yet anyways.

Funnily enough, once you DO beat it, it becomes almost ridiculously easy (in comparison to first run).

Saint Sword Isshin nearly caused to me give up my first run but (thanks to @Valhoven) I stuck through it and got through him.
It was straight sailing to NG7 from there with nary a problem.

I’ve got NG7 on hold too for the Ps5.

Funnily enough, once you DO beat it, it becomes almost ridiculously easy (in comparison to first run).

Saint Sword Isshin nearly caused to me give up my first run but (thanks to @Valhoven) I stuck through it and got through him.
It was straight sailing to NG7 from there with nary a problem.

I’ve got NG7 on hold too for the Ps5.

I hear that. I did give it a fresh run recently, and walked through the shit that gave me problems on my initial run, until I hit a fresh brick wall that I couldn't be arsed to power through. There's a method to its madness, for sure. I just don't have the patience for it.

I hear that. I did give it a fresh run recently, and walked through the shit that gave me problems on my initial run, until I hit a fresh brick wall that I couldn't be arsed to power through. There's a method to its madness, for sure. I just don't have the patience for it.

One thing's for sure. After Sekiro, Soulsborne games sure have become easier………relatively speaking.

Cannot stop coming back to this game, the combat is just so damn good. I think this is tied with God Hand for my favorite game of all time. Jumped right into the Long May The Shadows Reflect mod after beating Elden Ring and proceeded to get crushed. 1000/10, just needs the rivers of blood weapon art lol

Cannot stop coming back to this game, the combat is just so damn good. I think this is tied with God Hand for my favorite game of all time. Jumped right into the Long May The Shadows Reflect mod after beating Elden Ring and proceeded to get crushed. 1000/10, just needs the rivers of blood weapon art lol

The combat, hands down, is the best I’ve ever played.
Sucks that Elden Ring (apparently) is way behind, in this regard.

Well now that I’ve got Elden Ring beat I think I’ll try diving into Sekiro. I may muck around on NG+ periodically with ER in the weeks to come, but I won’t be putting in 3-5 hour play sessions again on it, so I’ll have time for something else like this.

The combat, hands down, is the best I’ve ever played.
Sucks that Elden Ring (apparently) is way behind, in this regard.

I feel you, but I don't think it's a great comparison. Sekiro is able to offer combat this good because they stripped down so much and focused on the deflection, prosthetic tools and the intensity that style of combat creates; if you don't like the mechanics, there are no other options for you. Soulslike combat is much slower and can change dynamically depending on your build and how it matches up against certain bosses and mobs. Elden Ring pushes that even further, giving the player even more options than ever before. The downside of that (imo) is that beating bosses doesn't always feel skill-based - i.e., sometimes there is a weapon/spell/item that trivializes a fight or a boss has an easy moveset to master other than a single OP move - but it also leaves much more room for variety, since there are so many different things the player can do. Obviously I prefer Sekiro's approach and have fallen in love with the refined mechanics, but I think there are merits to the Elden Ring/Souls combat; it just has a different goal in mind.

Well now that I’ve got Elden Ring beat I think I’ll try diving into Sekiro. I may muck around on NG+ periodically with ER in the weeks to come, but I won’t be putting in 3-5 hour play sessions again on it, so I’ll have time for something else like this.
You haven't played yet? Lucky you.

Post updates if you get into it, especially if you have difficulty adjusting to the mechanics. It took me a long time IIRC before it clicked but the game became much easier when it finally did.

Another great mod to play through is the Resurrection mod. It is fantastic.

You haven't played yet? Lucky you.

Post updates if you get into it, especially if you have difficulty adjusting to the mechanics. It took me a long time IIRC before it clicked but the game became much easier when it finally did.
Yup, kept wanting to dodge. Did not go well for me.

Back