OFFICIAL (Sanctioned) GGG/Jacobs PBP Thread

I've watched 3 times and can't decide. First it was GGG dec, then Jacobs KO. Just got a referee stoppage on cuts. It's tough, wouldn't want to be a judge in there.

What's really sad is that as outlandish as all those things you are joking about sound people seriously believe Jacobs didn't make weight for the fight and got away with cheating.

What's really sad is that as outlandish as all those things you are joking about sound people seriously believe Jacobs didn't make weight for the fight and got away with cheating.

And now we got a no-contest! Who knew boxing judging was so complex?

I need to watch the HBO broadcast, but from what I read on here it sounded like those guys were kicking up shit. But were also bias for Jacobs. Sounds like a riot.

Still can't believe they called off the fight because both guys failed PED tests.

Still can't believe they called off the fight because both guys failed PED tests.

They still fought in the parking lot that night. Though he was a big underdog, Bobby Gunn KOd both guys with a single chair hit off the ropes.

They still fought in the parking lot that night. Though he was a big underdog, Bobby Gunn KOd both guys with a single chair hit off the ropes.
I heard Adrien Broner stole the purse at gunpoint.

Crazies are always going to trying to rationalize their favourite fighter not living to their expectations.

Just watched the fight again. Honestly, nothing about this fight was easy to score. There were only a few really clear rounds in the entire fight. I scored it 6-6, giving GGG the win because of the knockdown. I wouldn't have any problem with anything from Jacobs winning 8-4, to Golovkin winning 7-5.

1: 10-9 Jacobs
2: 10-9 Jacobs
3: 10-9 Jacobs
4: 10-8 Golovkin
5: 10-9 Golovkin
6: 10-9 Jacobs
7: 10-9 Jacobs
8: 10-9 Golovkin
9: 10-9 Golovkin
10: 10-9 Jacobs
11: 10-9 Golovkin
12: 10-9 Golovkin

But really, the fight was terrible to try to score. I thought both guys left something in the ring, and should have let their hands go a lot more. GGG won some rounds that Jacobs really could have won, but he got the round for being the aggressor, throwing and landing more.

It's easy to say Danny should have been a bit more aggressive to seal the deal in some of those rounds, but that also puts him at more risk. Overall he did the right thing most of the time.

Back