OFFICIAL (Sanctioned) GGG/Jacobs PBP Thread

PHATV

Boss Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I looked to page 4 and didn't see one, though we have multiple discussion/poll threads, so here we go.

golovkin-vs-jacobs-poster.jpg

Gennady Gennadyevich Golovkin 36-0 w/33KOs, including 23 straight via stoppage.
Daniel "Danny" Jacobs 32-1 w/29KOs, including 15 straight via stoppage.

My man. There you go showing us your favor by reminding us that you have the ability to have one of your threads deemded both official and sanctioned. I'm jelly.

Check ya tonight, if I make it home in time. I would hate to miss the one but it might happen.

Pumped for this fight. Should be big drama show.

My man. There you go showing us your favor by reminding us that you have the ability to have one of your threads deemded both official and sanctioned. I'm jelly.

Check ya tonight, if I make it home in time. I would hate to miss the one but it might happen.

I have to buy a token every year like a cabbie buys a shield and it's not inexpensive. It's the only way you can be both official and sanctioned, so some of these fucks around here shouldn't even be making them, you feel me?

I think we have the makings of something great tonight. And the undercard is solid. I'm buying it right now. I will be here. Hope you make it.

Reminder - if you are ordering, buy Tecate beer. The rebate pays for the beer AND saves you money

Never had Tecate in my life, but I have had Corona, and it sucks balls.
Tecate any better?

VEry excited tonight. Hosting ppl over. Still gotta run to the store and buy food and drinks.

Tonight's odds (5dimes):
GGG -900, Jacobs +600
Gonzalez -1900, Srisaket +1200
Cuadras -1375, Carmona +900
Martin -1000, Cruz +650
#GGGJacobs

Reminder - if you are ordering, buy Tecate beer. The rebate pays for the beer AND saves you money

What is the deal? I don't drink, but keep beer in here for my friends that do. Buy the fight (done), then what now?

Tecate any better?
worse. Bohemia, Pacifico, Victoria , and sometimes Modelo are the only good Mexican beers .............. all u see in the boxign rings is Tecate and Corona -- which is Ironic as most Mexicans I know won't touch either unless it's on sale

This is the first order worthy event since - Canelo / Cotto and IMO better as you got 2 of the 3 best MW's and a great Co Main with Roman.

Jacobs only shot is to rock GGG early ..... If he can do that .. I think in all reality GGG jabs him into oblivion then ko's him 8-10. The fight resembles the Lemiex fight only Jacobs looks good I thnk early ...... how good will determine if he has a chance.

worse. Bohemia, Pacifico, Victoria , and sometimes Modelo are the only good Mexican beers .............. all u see in the boxign rings is Tecate and Corona -- which is Ironic as most Mexicans I know won't touch either unless it's on sale

Modelo I've had, and it was ok, Boh I do like, and I haven't had Pacifico or Victoria, so that's something to look forward to.

Thanks for that.

Modelo I've had, and it was ok, Boh I do like, and I haven't had Pacifico or Victoria, so that's something to look forward to.

Thanks for that.
If you really like Bohemia u likely will Victoria as well.

Tecate any better?

Nope. It is good for cooking like in soups or for meat marinades and stuff but for actually drinking it's pretty much shit.

On the DirecTv AUD channel(101)they are showing some Chocolatito fights now and GGG/Lemieux in half an hour then at 4pm PST they are going to show the Live non-ppv undercard which is 1.5 hours long.

Danny skipped IBF's mandatory second day weigh in. I wonder why. Maybe "who cares" is running through his camp's mind. Maybe it's more pressure and he wants to focus on the fight. I dunno. If all the belts are at stake, fight for all the belts, I would think. But I still wonder why. Probably wants to hide how big he gets overnight.

Edit: source - - - http://www.ringtv.com/489947-jacobs-skips-second-day-weigh-sparks-rumors-gamesmanship/

Danny skipped IBF's mandatory second day weigh in. I wonder why. Maybe "who cares" is running through his camp's mind. Maybe it's more pressure and he wants to focus on the fight. I dunno. If all the belts are at stake, fight for all the belts, I would think. But I still wonder why. Probably wants to hide how big he gets overnight.

Edit: source - - - http://www.ringtv.com/489947-jacobs-skips-second-day-weigh-sparks-rumors-gamesmanship/

He wouldn't have made the IBF same day limit so why bother? @RR already mentioned that Jacobs will be just under 180 today so I'm sure making 170 wasn't a possibility at all. I don't think he wants to hide anything though.

He's not up yet but he'll be in the low 70s in the ring. Probably 73. We initially thought 79 but that is going to be high. We have a scale here so I'll tell you once he wakes up in an hour and eats something. We don't have a rehydration clause in the contract. Being honest we aren't even going to to pay the sanctioning fees to keep the belts anyways. Floyd taught me well lol

RR, Today at 5:13 AM

Check the time I posted it lol. They are starting shit because we aren't paying them. Danny is cool. It's amazing how clueless some of these writers are

They've said quite a few times they aren't staying at MW afterward. Why pay for belts you aren't going to use?

Back