No Spoilers Official Red Dead Redemption 2 Discussion

So went to rest by the fire by hitting the button and he knelt into the fire caught on fire then died

Lost my legendary boar hide

You sure? I think you will have it at the trapper. You can’t perma lose legendary items.

Oh my god went to get on my horse and he tackled a guy in front of the cops and now I’m in a shootout

Fuck this

Going to jerk off like Jesus untended is to do with the internet

Wel that’s bettwr at least. We’ll see
yup its at the trapper thought I lost my bear hide before.

Also just finished the arthur storyline, what a bittersweet ending although kinda predictable, but I do wish he got vengeance on ...

Anyway was a great story will probably just mess around it a little more, I'm not really into the online mode so I'm most likely done with the game.

Oh my god I have to ride across the whole map because there’s that 300 bounty on me from that mission so I can’t stagecoach it (which is expensive too btw). That was when I turned it off

Okay, so I think I have my thoughts on the game. It's gorgeous, it's interesting, its missions are fairly fun. But I don't enjoy playing it for a sustained period of time. I'll do a mission or two and then I'm like "I'm good" and want to play something else. And I don't know why that is because I do find each mission fairly unique. I definitely found RDR 1 more engrossing and just a funner experience overall. But I'll still play to completion.

Jesus christ quit playing it if all it does is bring you anguish
I don’t get it. The ride times are several times longer than they need to be. Cut those by 3/4 and you’ve got a better paced game. The missions are good and the rest I like but this is 60% jockey simulator 40% game.

Final ruling

I don’t get it. The ride times are several times longer than they need to be. Cut those by 3/4 and you’ve got a better paced game. The missions are good and the rest I like but this is 60% jockey simulator 40% game.

Final ruling

I think its because they want you to get immersed in the environment, because you will sometimes get into encounters on the way, also great way to go hunting. Its not really a game for everyone. But it is a good game. I also love how this and gow are not behind some paywall like most games are now with so much DLC.

I think its because they want you to get immersed in the environment, because you will sometimes get into encounters on the way, also great way to go hunting. Its not really a game for everyone. But it is a good game. I also love how this and gow are not behind some paywall like most games are now with so much DLC.
That part is true. I mean far cry had similar parts but never did I feel bored

I'm loving this game.

Just made Chapter 3....bought game 9 days ago...easy to get lost in fun...

Oh, i understand his gripes. I flip out regularly after hunting legendary and perfect pelts, only to realize, i have to ride real god damn far for a trapper, fence, or stage coach.

On the other hand, i may want to DO something along the way (if i dont have anything to lose) and the travelling distance is welcomed.

Bottom line, there should be a fast travel system in place once past a certain point.

Probably my biggest problem is that there is no real gameplay progression at all. You can literally waltz through every encounter with the first gear you have and never have a problem. It makes exploration a little less interesting and seriously removes the need to get money.

That's a Rockstar issue, and it's getting old. You got so many things you can do, but 90% of it isn't essential, which makes it feel pointless. If they really want to make an RPG like experience, they really gotta up their RPG game. I found the same problem with the original RDR. It introduces all this shit you can do, like hunt and trade, pick flowers, buy medicine, yada, yada, but none of it is essential at all. It's all inconsequential. You can buy medicine, but what's the point if you can just duck behind a rock and regain your health? You can buy an assortment of guns, but every single enemy in the game can be beaten with a pistol. You can hunt for furs and trade them for cash, but you don't ever need cash, as the game gives plenty to you through missions. The list goes on and on.

These factors ultimately make Rockstar games burn out quickly. They always give off a great first impression, but as time goes on, you start to notice just how pointless a lot of the stuff in their games are. It doesn't make them bad games, they're just not as deep as they first appear, which really hurts replayability. Their games seriously lack a sense of progression for the player.

Final ruling

Something tells me you didn’t get the fast travel map for your camp. Also put the thing in cinematic mode during long rides and just listen for gun shots. Also $300 is nothing, look up some gold bar locations. The game is 11/10 and you will cry at the end.

The epilogue sucks. Game should have ended when you know who makes his exit. I didn’t play the first game so this is not fan service to me.

Something tells me you didn’t get the fast travel map for your camp. Also put the thing in cinematic mode during long rides and just listen for gun shots. Also $300 is nothing, look up some gold bar locations. The game is 11/10 and you will cry at the end.
It is 90% pain unless you just wanted to ride a horse

I just got fast travel so no I can at least start closer to stuff but still. The ride to los angels to say hi to Phil then go to Rhode Island to see if Bill wants to do something then he says no so you side back to Phil who says tell him I said ya then back to Bill kind of shit is just ass butter.

A
That's a Rockstar issue, and it's getting old. You got so many things you can do, but 90% of it isn't essential, which makes it feel pointless. If they really want to make an RPG like experience, they really gotta up their RPG game. I found the same problem with the original RDR. It introduces all this shit you can do, like hunt and trade, pick flowers, buy medicine, yada, yada, but none of it is essential at all. It's all inconsequential. You can buy medicine, but what's the point if you can just duck behind a rock and regain your health? You can buy an assortment of guns, but every single enemy in the game can be beaten with a pistol. You can hunt for furs and trade them for cash, but you don't ever need cash, as the game gives plenty to you through missions. The list goes on and on.

These factors ultimately make Rockstar games burn out quickly. They always give off a great first impression, but as time goes on, you start to notice just how pointless a lot of the stuff in their games are. It doesn't make them bad games, they're just not as deep as they first appear, which really hurts replayability. Their games seriously lack a sense of progression for the player.
Truly great, well designed games have systems that are intertwined together to make a complete experience. R star doesnt grasp that concept, they want to make a tight narrative riven story but then throw tons of a things we could do, but then restrict those things when we're playing the story. There is a mismatch if that makes sense.

Whats the oint of doing half the shit, if I can just do the easiest thing and still be successful, etc. They should either make a completely sandbox game where the missions are like puzzles and we can do whatever we can do complete em, or give us linear, narrative driven games. Because doing both at once just makes the game feel tedious and not fun.

Took your advice and used cinematic mode
Arthur rode the oil wagon all the way across the map to the sant Louis town which was a quarter of he map too far and then wagon got stuck between two trees and my horse was too far away to cal. Also fun fact you can’t fast rravelnif your horse is too far away. So I guess I buy a horse to ride across the map to get my horse and then sell that horse. Jesus. Maybe I need to sit through a tutorial or something as this is fucking stupid

Oh, i understand his gripes. I flip out regularly after hunting legendary and perfect pelts, only to realize, i have to ride real god damn far for a trapper, fence, or stage coach.

On the other hand, i may want to DO something along the way (if i dont have anything to lose) and the travelling distance is welcomed.

Bottom line, there should be a fast travel system in place once past a certain point.
I think the old red dead did have one if im not mistaken, well i guess they really could have added one say after chapter 3 or 4

A

Truly great, well designed games have systems that are intertwined together to make a complete experience. R star doesnt grasp that concept, they want to make a tight narrative riven story but then throw tons of a things we could do, but then restrict those things when we're playing the story. There is a mismatch if that makes sense.

Whats the oint of doing half the shit, if I can just do the easiest thing and still be successful, etc. They should either make a completely sandbox game where the missions are like puzzles and we can do whatever we can do complete em, or give us linear, narrative driven games. Because doing both at once just makes the game feel tedious and not fun.

It's true. After completing the game I felt zero compulsion to continue playing.

Back