PlayStation Official PS | PS Studios Megathread, v.4

If PS5 Pro grapevine proves real, will you be upgrading in 2024?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving the drip of Armored Core VI marketing – grand-scaled and everything FUBAR, lol:

25 August we make planetfall, werewolves.

Confirmed it's Konami. Hopefully they're using the Fox engine.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's UE5, they only used Fox for MGS and the PES games and they switched to UE 3 years ago for PES and were saying the FOX engine was being scrapped

Loving the drip of Armored Core VI marketing – grand-scaled and everything FUBAR, lol:

25 August we make planetfall, werewolves.

This is why I’m not even that upset the showcase didn’t have some stuff I’m not into. The rest of the year has one big AAA game in each month that I’m excited for except for July. FFXVI in June, Armored Core in August, MK1 in September, Lords of the fallen in October, Spidey 2 in November (hopefully), and Granblue Relink in December or January. I think gamers need to look what’s in front of them instead of only thinking about the distant future. By the time I’m done with all these games we’ll probably have more info on other first party titles.

This is why I’m not even that upset the showcase didn’t have some stuff I’m not into. The rest of the year has one big AAA game in each month that I’m excited for except for July. FFXVI in June, Armored Core in August, MK1 in September, Lords of the fallen in October, Spidey 2 in November (hopefully), and Granblue Relink in December or January. I think gamers need to look what’s in front of them instead of only thinking about the distant future. By the time I’m done with all these games we’ll probably have more info on other first party titles.

I think the issue was calling this a Playstation Showcase in which they only showcased one Playstation IP. Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with teasing what's to come assuming the games are a few years off. With the many upcoming games that will keep us busy into the near future, it would have been a nice surprise to show a few things in the distant pipeline.

I think the issue was calling this a Playstation Showcase in which they only showcased one Playstation IP. Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with teasing what's to come assuming the games are a few years off. With the many upcoming games that will keep us busy into the near future, it would have been a nice surprise to show a few things in the distant pipeline.

There was more than one PS IP (I think 3 total) but I get what you're saying and I agree. Overall like @Zazen said this year is already packed for me and doesn't even include games in my back log like Ratchet and Clank, God of War Ragnarok, and more. So personally I was fine with the showcase.

i dont get the market for the handheld project q? almost everyone has a smartphone that can remote play this thing will cost surely around $150 -200 for a online only device?
I'm with you. I'll point out that if it's $200 bucks that's the same price as the Dualsense Edge. So from that perspective, it's not awful.

I liked the game reveals and maybe I'm being a little cynical, but the games slated for release this year looked a little lacking in actual gameplay. So I wonder if those release dates are still feasible.
If I ever have an issue with my Pulse, I'm very interested in the incoming official earbuds. Case looked coolly designed and of high build quality as well, which is very Sony.
The part that baffles me is why Sony has both a PlayStation line of accessories, then Inzone, then obviously Sony proper. Just makes no sense from a market perspective to no consolidate the first two.

The part that baffles me is why Sony has both a PlayStation line of accessories, then Inzone, then obviously Sony proper. Just makes no sense from a market perspective to no consolidate the first two.

Funny you mention that cause I went on the Sony website to check out the Pulse 3D and was thinking the same thing when I saw the $200+ Inzone headsets. Are they part of Sony or a separate company altogether?

I can agree with this. My personal breakdown that may or may not be on point is INZONE for high-end, dedicated, and/or comp play (@ Evo, for example, and co-owned by Sony), then PS brand peripherals for casual, affordable play and Sony brand products to capture non-gaming audiences. Stronger, one-front branding might be to house the former two under PS but have a PS subseries like PS Pro gear versus PS. Not sure.

Funny you mention that cause I went on the Sony website to check out the Pulse 3D and was thinking the same thing when I saw the $200+ Inzone headsets. Are they part of Sony or a separate company altogether?
INZONE bleeds blue, brother. Sony.

I am curious as to what Bend, Bluepoint, Housemarque, Media Molecule, and Asobi are working on.

I am guessing Ghost 2 for sucker punch
Insomniac Spider-Man 2 then Wolverine
Naughty Dog Last of Us Factions, Last of Us 3, or a new IP
Guerilla Horizon MP game and Horizon 3
Santa Monica next God of War or a spin off for Atrues likely.

Wonder how close some of those developers are to putting out their next games.

Strongly recommend Pulse, BTW. Price is amazing for the quality and build – not to speak to the immersion, soundscapes delivered. @method115

Incredible timing. I was going to ask you what your thoughts were on the headset. Will be picking it up soon. How is the mic? That's my only concern really.

Part of Sony, supposed to be esports/PC focused. But they obviously have the same aesthetic as the PS5.
I can agree with this. My personal breakdown that may or may not be on point is INZONE for high-end, dedicated, and/or comp play (@ Evo, for example, and co-owned by Sony), then PS brand peripherals for casual, affordable play and Sony brand products to capture non-gaming audiences. Stronger, one-front branding might be to house the former two under PS but have a PS subseries like PS Pro gear versus PS. Not sure.
Yeah, I'm guessing not even Sony knows and that big Sony has one vision of it and PlayStation has another and they kind of don't talk about it. Although I'll point out that I think Inzone is more people want to be esporty, not actual esports. Since the latter is a much smaller consumer base.

Incredible timing. I was going to ask you what your thoughts were on the headset. Will be picking it up soon. How is the mic? That's my only concern really.
Mic is great. I was asking guys I played with a year+ ago when I’d bought them; got good feedback all-around. One thing that takes a bit to get used to is if you’re used to seeing or handling your mic like I was with my older Sennheisers, there’s nothing to handle here. Button build is quality and it’s all a quick press in to go live, or press out to mute.

I am curious as to what Bend, Bluepoint, Housemarque, Media Molecule, and Asobi are working on.

I am guessing Ghost 2 for sucker punch
Insomniac Spider-Man 2 then Wolverine
Naughty Dog Last of Us Factions, Last of Us 3, or a new IP
Guerilla Horizon MP game and Horizon 3
Santa Monica next God of War or a spin off for Atrues likely.

Wonder how close some of those developers are to putting out their next games.

Media Molecule have started work on a new IP recently.

Santa Monica is Cory's new IP

Mic is great. I was asking guys I played with a year+ ago when I’d bought them; got good feedback all-around. One thing that takes a bit to get used to is if you’re used to seeing or handling your mic like I was with my older Sennheisers, there’s nothing to handle here. Button build is quality and it’s all a quick press in to go live, or press out to mute.

Perfect. I'll be picking these up soon. Not having to mess with a mic sounds great. I constantly have to unplug and plug mine back in. It's only a matter of time until one of the kids gets ahold of it or I just lose it in general.

Perfect. I'll be picking these up soon. Not having to mess with a mic sounds great. I constantly have to unplug and plug mine back in. It's only a matter of time until one of the kids gets ahold of it or I just lose it in general.
Like me at the time, you’re in for a big QoL upgrade. Pro tip: If you have a 7-foot, 275 lb. Dawgean dome and they fit a little snug, consider picking up Pulse cooling gel pads that replace the stock ear cuppings. I bought these at Leo’s recommendation and have never been more comfortable wearing a headset for longer sessions.

Also, when you put them on for the first time, you don’t need be gentle like I was with the band that rests atop your head. It’s well-made and meant for you to bully into place until you’re comfortable. So just turn on, insta-pair with PS5 mothership, and tear into them.

I’m hoping we get some Midnight, Cosmic, Nova, Starlight etc. Pulse options in the future.

cc: @SwamiLeoni

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back