Official POLL: Should Connor be striped if he does not face Frankie after Nate?

If Conor beats Nate, then he's fighting Lawler for that Welterweight strap.
I really hope this doesn't come true, would be absolutely ridiculous considering he is fighting a top 5 LW and not a ranked WW, not to mention there are already many worthy contenders at WW.
He should fight either Frankie or RDA, whomever is ready for 200 is the fight.

If RDA isn't ready and Frankie is but Conor doesn't fight him, he should be made to vacate it.
He won't be, but he should be.

Longer than a year and no real sign of fighting at 145 and must be stripped so as to not hold up the division.

B. Yes, he should be stripped if his next fight isn't to defend his FW belt.

Afaik Conor doesn't care for the belt. He's all about making it rain $$$

Pretty sure he does care about the belt Since as soon as he loses it he will stop earning as much as he could if he were undefeated

That's not a poll. Again. Where is the poll?

This is my ghetto Poll. Aint no way I am spending money on being platinum. Rather spend that on some stripers at the club.

I'd say yes and he will vacate it I think. Won't be making 145 anymore.

Yes

He should have been defending against Frankie instead of fighting RDA in the first place

He fought Aldo in December, way too early to talk about that. Just because he fights more often, doesn't mean different rules apply for him than Cain, Werdum, Aldo etc. He doesn't have to defend his belt before at least September. What he does in other divisions in between is non of the concern for FW belt.

If he fights RDA after Nate, I say no. That's unfinished business and they were supposed to fight.

If it's any other fight, yes.

But who cares about that belt if Conor gives it away? Everyone will know the person to hold it next is second best. Holding McGesus belt for him.

RDA won't even be back to training for another month. Which means if conor fights RDA it wouldn't be for another 3-4 months at the earliest, which means he wouldn't be able to defend the FW title to a few months after that, which is simply too long.

Yes, he ain't coming back down to midget divisions.

They're not going to leave Conor, their biggest draw, off of the UFC 200 card.

RDA will not be ready to fight by July, UFC 200. So that fight won't happen until after Conor takes another fight.

light_poll-225x350.jpg

MG_3466.jpg

No, but RDA should be stripped if he continues to duck Conor.

Connor McGregor will go to Heavyweight and fight the rightful undisputed undefeated Heavyweight champion of all Roy Nelson in the best fight of all time and it will be refereed by a confused 90 year old deaf lady and it will be at UFC 200.

He fought Aldo in December, way too early to talk about that. Just because he fights more often, doesn't mean different rules apply for him than Cain, Werdum, Aldo etc. He doesn't have to defend his belt before at least September. What he does in other divisions in between is non of the concern for FW belt.

Of course different rules apply to Conor. He wouldn't have gotten the LW title shot if different rules didn't apply. With these exceptions and preferential treatments for Conor higher expectations come with them.

He is gonna do the super fight next Frankie is gonna wait or eat the pervibal dick which basically means he is outta luck until Conor comes back to fw. So basically he is gonna have to fight ( and lose to ) Aldo again. No fighter bashing just stating facts Frankie isn't a draw and had 1000 chances at the belt so basically only forum nerds care not people who buy fights.

They should, not only because it's the right thing to do, but because it's the smart thing to do.

B. Yes, he should be stripped if his next fight isn't to defend his FW belt.
It's not McGregor's fault people keep pulling out and delaying the fights. He should fight RDA first, as was scheduled. Edgar needs time to heal up his sore groin anyway.

Conor has reached Floyd Mayweather status in terms of not needing a belt in order to make a big fight. The belt doesn't matter anymore.

If Edgar is ready to fight then Conor has to face him next for UFC 200. Conor could fight RDA at 200 but then he should have to vacate if Edgar if ready.

Back