Official Oympics 2016 Boxing Thread

Balderas is fighting the Japanese guy next on Tuesday. He should win that one right?

Nico Hernandez (USA) is fighting now.

Colombia with the KD in the second.

Colombia giving away the round so far.

England vs Poland HW's up next.

England came out firing, hope his gas tank is full.

Just finished Camaroon vs. Great Britain. Glad CM started getting deducted for spitting out his mouth piece. Last few times he was getting it knocked out though lol.

I thought the American kid looked pretty good, anyone know what sort of path he has should he make it to the finals? Does he face any killers early on?

I thought the American kid looked pretty good, anyone know what sort of path he has should he make it to the finals? Does he face any killers early on?

Which one?

Balderas has a tough draw as he will probably face Lazaro Alvarez(2015 world champion and 2012 Olympic Bronze medalist) in the quarterfinals.

Hernandez also has it tough as he has to face Vasiliy Yegorov next, who is one of the favorites to medal.

Safe to say if they get past those two opponents they're going to be in good position to medal but it's going to be tough.

Its a shame. N'Dam has a good amateur-style boxing too in the pros

Balderas is fighting the Japanese guy next on Tuesday. He should win that one right?

I would doubt it, but we'll see since I'm a little bit surprised he was able to get by the guy he did today.

I would doubt it, but we'll see since I'm a little bit surprised he was able to get by the guy he did today.
Heard the Japanese guy didnt look too well either.

Heard the Japanese guy didnt look too well either.

That could be true. The Japanese fighter isn't really a strong medal contender himself, although he does have a pretty decent pedigree and holds a number wins over some of the guys entered in this tournament. If Balderas does win that fight he's going to have it really tough next time out against the veteran Tojibaev, who is a strong contender to medal having just come off a win in the APB amongst other accomplishments.

Some interesting facts.

Shakur Stevenson record is 23-0 against international competition

Claressa Shields record is 74-1, and 23-1 against international competition

Back