Official odds for Aldo-Mcgregor?

Fedor2000

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Please post odds from credible sources.. I've been hearing the odds are near even. Is this a joke? Aldo should be atleast a 3-1 favorite. I will be making a trip to Reno or Vegas if the rumors are true. People of Sherdog please post odds

Bet the house if you feel that way TS.

As a McG fan I dont see how he would beat Aldo. Seriously.

I can but the chances are pretty slim. Keep in mind if Serra can beat GSP, McGregor beating Aldo isn't outside of the realm of possibility if something crazy caught Aldo on the chin.

The biggest issue is obviously that Aldo has tons of top-level wins whilst Conor simply doesn't. Conor has looked like a killer though and if it settles with Aldo being more than -220, Conor is a great bet considering how well he utilizes his range, footwork, and pressure.

His straight left reminds me of the power Wilder has on his straight right. He throws it from so far out and it lands like a missile and wobbles his opponents everytime if he lands it clean. Aldo has an alarming tendency to over-extend with his right and sort of hang it a little when he's finished throwing it. It is common from his gym, has power, but it leaves him a touch overextended. Against Conor's left that would be a terrible, terrible mistake.

People seem to think Aldo would just destroy his legs, but Conor made an opponent brake a leg early in his career from checking his opponents kicks, and broke Holloway's foot with a check. Also, he's a southpaw so leg kicks are harder from an angles perspective to land.

He broke Holloway's foot with a check:

Broke a leg of an opponent a while ago:

I would think he'll gameplan to utilize a lot of those and to keep Aldo at bay with a jab. He'll have about a 4 or 5 inch reach advantage to throw over Aldo's jab as well.

Bet the house if you feel that way TS.

It's still a fight and Conor is no chump. I just feel he is a few levels below Aldo! I will bet within my financial means.. I wont let it affect my children or my wifes comfort!

Thanks man.. The Smart money was put on Aldo @ -140!

I wish I would have gotten Aldo at -140, but I was late. Not sure if I will play him at -195 but I think his odds may get better if the McGregor backers place some money on him.

Aldo is no GSP...

Yes, Aldo has finished a few guys and defended how many more times than GSP? How many losses did GSP have? How many does Aldo?

Yup, Aldo is no GSP. Both are legends and GOAT's though, unlike Conor (who is still very talented just not GOAT).

At the Mendes II Aldo proved he's there to brawl with heart.

Please post odds from credible sources.. I've been hearing the odds are near even. Is this a joke? Aldo should be atleast a 3-1 favorite. I will be making a trip to Reno or Vegas if the rumors are true. People of Sherdog please post odds

you should place your bets right now because they change quickly from the start.

i think aldo will be like -170 by fight night

/edit
nvm odds alread changed a lot form yesterday. i think the odds will remain the about same come fight night

With all the hype behind McGregor I think the better odds to bet on Aldo should be closer to fight night... Who knows really... I am personally thinking of dropping 500$ on Jose at some point

At the Mendes II Aldo proved he's there to brawl with heart.

It also proved that he can be boxed up by a smaller guy with average boxing. McGregor's boxing is far above average and he'll be much rangier than Mendes.

It's CRAZY that people are so overwhelmingly sure as to what McGregor's limitations are. We have seen him walk thru, absolutely demolish, everything put in his way with no apparent holes in his game yet. People's rational thinking is way too influenced by their emotions and it is embarrassingly apparent when they factually state things like "McG has no TD defense, no striking defense and Aldo will leg kick him to death"----you FOOLS, you are watching Bobby Fischer play chess and are interpreting as if a toddler was playing checkers.

Secondly, this whole leg kick business is as silly as the old Jones and DC sentiment "if Jones can stay on the outside he will win but if DC can get in and wrestle, he will win". Ironically enough, like the Jones/DC fight, we are seeing two guys fight that have looked relatively unstoppable and have never really been tested yet.

Thirdly, this fight will end up prolly even odds or with McGregor the favorite. Poirier opened up the favorite in their fight and that changed over time. The haters were so convinced Poirier would wreck him and look what McGregor did: he made you look like the foolish jealous man-boys that you are. The Irish like betting and they aren't blinded by seething jealousy like a lot of you self anointed professional analysts. More people believe in McGregor's greatness than those that don't. Interestingly enough, however, it is those that are racked with jealousy that tend to post the most in regards to McGregor; almost as if they are hoping by putting their envious delusional thoughts out in cyber space at a high enough volume, that they will finally come true.

Lastly, I am as pumped for this fight as any fight ever. I have no idea what will be the outcome and that is the only rational response anyone can sanely have. McGregor has looked unstoppable. Aldo has looked phenomenal but has started to show decline as of late (or the field is catching up) but has consistently faced much harder competition. Will it be a close fight? It could be. Will it be a blow out? It could be. I want McGregor to win but will not let that impede my assessment of Aldo.

Back