Official Nioh 2 Disc: PC & PS5 Collection launch 05 FEB 21!

Finished NG finally. I like it. Better ending than the first and just better game overall. Think I'll start another character and try to use a different weapon for each mission this time.

Got the Deluxe edition for $50. Should get some time in on it this weekend.

Any advice for this game? Sounds pretty different from what I’ve read.

Any advice for this game? Sounds pretty different from what I’ve read.
Do all the tutorials. Seriously. I still go back to them sometimes.

The burst counter is a new mechanic that's essentially a parry. You get a different version of it with each type of guardian spirit (there are 3 types of guardian spirits with different skill trees). It's a key part of the game that I didn't really understand or use when I first started playing and as a result I didn't like the game, but it's only because I was making everything harder than it needed to be. The burst counter is awesome. Really cool new innovation.

Which spirit type do you use? First playthrough I went feral but now I'm trying brute and it's way different.
I use feral because you can panic dodge out of stuff with it. Brute is more offensive and its good for destroying ki on human bosses. Its currently a speed run strat. Phantom apparently has the most precise timing but you can also spam it till it works, whereas brute has a big windup time in comparison

I use feral because you can panic dodge out of stuff with it. Brute is more offensive and its good for destroying ki on human bosses. Its currently a speed run strat. Phantom apparently has the most precise timing but you can also spam it till it works, whereas brute has a big windup time in comparison
Brute is fun because you can whack everything but being able to dodge when you're out of ki makes feral way more useful. Haven't tried phantom yet but I hear it's basically a timely guard so it's probably the easiest to use.

Brute is fun because you can whack everything but being able to dodge when you're out of ki makes feral way more useful. Haven't tried phantom yet but I hear it's basically a timely guard so it's probably the easiest to use.
Feral yokai shift damage is awful. Quick attacks from my weapon do more damage.

Feral yokai shift damage is awful. Quick attacks from my weapon do more damage.
Yeah I never use it unless it kicks in automatically when your health is low. The charged attack is cool though, when you hold triangle. Otherwise it's pretty meh.

Yeah I never use it unless it kicks in automatically when your health is low. The charged attack is cool though, when you hold triangle. Otherwise it's pretty meh.
Yeah I click it on if I'm in deep shit and need to heal. Otherwise it's worthless.

I changed the language to English and now they all have British accents.
<{MindBrown}>

Played for a couple of hours and cleared the first stage. Easier than I thought it would be to start. First big dude in the graveyard took a few tries, level boss was one shot.

So far I’m liking it though. Mechanics are a ton of fun and the enemy variety seems a bit better.

What should I do with all the extra items I get? Dismantle or sell?

What should I do with all the extra items I get? Dismantle or sell?
I dismantled for NG to build up a good base. You don't really have much use for money in NG. Then NG+ I sell everything purple and under then dismantled divines

Game has its claws in me already. I’m loving it. Combat feels great, the bosses are tough but not cheap (so far), feels like what Nioh should have been. Glad I caved on it.

Played through the stage that was in the demo with the snake boss last night and holy shit they took a nerf bat to it. So much easier, I remember it just being a grueling slog to get through. I like the balance of the levels not being so brutal and the bosses being challenging. Much more enjoyable.

Played through the stage that was in the demo with the snake boss last night and holy shit they took a nerf bat to it. So much easier, I remember it just being a grueling slog to get through. I like the balance of the levels not being so brutal and the bosses being challenging. Much more enjoyable.
They did a good job with that and listening to complaints from the demos. It's definitely more balanced than the first game and even the yokai skills aren't ridiculously overpowered like living weapon so they're fun to use without being complete cheese.

Back