Official Maia VS Shields scorecard

shonuf

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
All of the judges had it even going into the 5th round. Two of the three gave the 5th to Shields. The 2nd and 4th rounds were the only rounds all three judges agreed on.

shields rd 1? ouch

I had Maia winning round 1 as well. A lot of people in the discussion thread gave Shields that round (only one judge did). And a lot of people gave Maia the 5th in the that thread, while the judges(two of them) gave that one to Shields.

It sucks but I can't really argue the score and I'm a fan. It was a fair decision

It was close

Who the hell gave Jake Rd. 1? 2:30 in guard > 2:30 in guard + back mount + a takedown?

Thankfully we won't have to see GSP dominate Maia for 5 rounds now.

Close fight, I had Shields pulling it out. Neither man has the athleticism or standup to challenge for the title.

Can't remember the whole fight properly right now, but I do remember giving the fight overall to Jake but round 1 was clearly Maia's, Jake ended up on top at the end of the round though (?) which might have made the judges change their mind I guess.

Wow how do you give Jake the 5th? For barely landing, getting all your shots stuffed and not being in control of the octagon?

Sal D'Amato also gave Matt Hamill the first round in his fight last night.

Close fight... not really a robbery, but I disagreed on some of the judges' cards obviously. Ah well. It wasn't the most exciting fight in the world, and it was frustrating to see Maia lose that way when he was such a hot contender after smashing Fitch. Back to the drawing board.

They should do something if the judges score cards are so different from each other.

Can't remember the whole fight properly right now, but I do remember giving the fight overall to Jake but round 1 was clearly Maia's, Jake ended up on top at the end of the round though (?) which might have made the judges change their mind I guess.

I dont remember how long Jake was on top but I think it was for atleast a minute and a half. He threw a little bit of gnp as well which is why I gave him the round.

I'm surprised Shields won the 5th rd to be honest.

Back