OFFICIAL: Lima vs Mousasi (185lb title)

lukeuidswords

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
EQhm7l_VUAAw58Z.jpg

Uuuh that sucks wanted him to fight Vader. Hopefully he fights next

So Lovato Jr is really done that sucks.

Seems like they're rushing this Lima should defend a time or two. Moose could have easily fought Salter here with the same hype.

I think Lima might have a decent chance against Moose. He is bigger and more athletic than Rory so that will help him greatly. Moose has been known to get caught against explosive fighters such as Uriah hall. Maybe Lima can take advantage of that. Lima is a big welterweight. Wouldn’t be suprised they both come in similar sized on fight night. Lima seems to be the kind of guy to add some lean muscle to go into a middleweight fight, versus Rory who will just train for the fight not thinking about the other intangibles and variables, and stay and train the same like it’s a welterweight fight.

Lima has a much better chance of winning than Rory did.

Fight really didnt need to happen but get why they did it.

If Lima and Bader both win then 3 fighters will hold all Bellators male titles, BW being vacant.

Don't like this. Still good fights for him at WW, and if he loses like Rory did, it diminishes him in the same way. Bellator matchmaking sucks as usual.

I think Lima might have a decent chance against Moose. He is bigger and more athletic than Rory so that will help him greatly. Moose has been known to get caught against explosive fighters such as Uriah hall. Maybe Lima can take advantage of that. Lima is a big welterweight. Wouldn’t be suprised they both come in similar sized on fight night. Lima seems to be the kind of guy to add some lean muscle to go into a middleweight fight, versus Rory who will just train for the fight not thinking about the other intangibles and variables, and stay and train the same like it’s a welterweight fight.
Definitely has a better chance than Rory, whose only route to victory was takedowns. Lima is a better striker than Mousasi and bigger puncher.

I wouldnt be surprised if its something that Lima requested in the re-signing of his contract. He was very outspoken about how much he wanted this fight and Bellator can capitalize on Lima riding high now. It is not exactly a bad fight but there were better options out there.

Lima has plenty of fights at WW, the winner Larkin and MVP, then the winner of Ruth and Amosov. After that, Neiman and Storley are also growing strong in the division, there are plenty of fights for Lima at WW.

Last edited:
Good fight, Lima should do better than Rory.

I think the MW championship problem would have been better resolved with a tournament. Mousasi, Shlemenko, Tokov, Salter, Edwards, Machida, van Steenis, and Vanderford would have made great tournament or maybe even throw Shipman in there.

I think the MW championship problem would have been better resolved with a tournament. Mousasi, Shlemenko, Tokov, Salter, Edwards, Machida, van Steenis, and Vanderford would have made great tournament.
Absolutely. This was the perfect situation for a tournament.

Absolutely. This was the perfect situation for a tournament.
I guess Tokov vs Salter for contender and Edwards vs Vanderford next sound like the way to go.

The problem is that Lima would be holding a division of he wins. This 2 division champs shit needs to stop. It only holds the division and devalues the competition. Pitbull needs to stick to FW, Bader needs to stick to HW (imo), and Lima needs to stick to WW.

Damn, what a fight!
Mousasi has been my boy since his first PRIDE bout (still my boi <3 incredible longevity), and I've never ever rooted against him, so I won't start now... but I don't want Lima to lose at this stage of his career either.
I guess I'll just enjoy the fight without hoping too much for one side to prevail...

WAR good fight!

This is a great match up. It sucks that Lovato health issues forced him to retire. I hespect him even though hes a juicer. Hope he has a good life after fighting.

Lima vs Mousasi is as high level as it gets and I think Lima will have a much better performance against Mousasi than Rory did. Also if Mousasi doesn't respect Lima he can definitely get hurt.

Lima just re-signed with Bellator. I wonder if this title-match was one of his demands for staying with the organization.

Biggest fight of spring/ summer so far ( right behind bhibster-tony). I feel Mousasi brutalized the much bigger , 5th degree black belt and the only rounds Raphael claimed were the 1st and 5th via " defensive grappling " - another controversial poorly judged fight ( one judge got it somewhat right) in 2019.

I truly feel this is mousasi s 4th defense of title and a true super fight put on by BMMA. I wouldve liked to get some steam behind this fight first but Gegards prime years are winding down ( an incredible sentence to say as we're in 2020 and Mousasi only 34.Hes been elite/ upper crust for 14 years in an incredible brutal sport. Only fighter in UFC history to leave mmas top promotion on a 5 fight stoppage streak[ well 4 and leites murder- ask Thales who hurt him most in a pretty respectable career in itself..... it took 2 seconds when question was asked,btw].

Gegard Mousasi MUST get Rory Macdonald fight out of his mind as this is a TOTALLY different fight and at a different time. He'll be the bigger man but not what people might think. Lovato Jr. was bigger than mousasi than Gegard will be against Lima.

Totally stoked for this fight. Josh " punk" said it best, recently. He can see Mousasi or Lima beating any UFC middleweight/ welterweight. This fight so enormous- ( dont let mousasi prison rape of rory cloud your mind- otherwise Coker would have Mousasi fight someone else).

Back