Official Judo Thread

Teddy's always gonna have an asterisk by his streak. If you fall on your knees your tactical options are to either turtle, pull guard, or try to stand back up. He can spam his attacks at will, and the five best counters to them are all illegal.

Judo without leg grabs isn't Judo.

Fuck the Olympics.

giphy.gif

My balance + citrus belt "foot sweeps":

I'm not even sure which one of them did it. Next week's randori gon be like:

tenor.gif

My balance + citrus belt "foot sweeps":

I'm not even sure which one of them did it. Next week's randori gon be like:

tenor.gif

Oof that's going to need some ice.

I once had a sub-cutaneuous cyst on my shin, had no idea what it was at the time, some coloured belt booted me in the shin trying Harai tsurirkomi ashi durig randori, burst the cyst and I ended up with a fairly serious infection, on antibiotics and bed bound for a few days.

whoever keeps telling the citrus belts that "wind chokes" are illegal needs to knock that shit off. every goddamn time one of them turtles and gurgles they immediately ask me if i just did a legal technique.

sure did. it's not a tickle fight. if you don't like it, tap sooner.

hey have you guys ever tried a kata guruma with the bottom hand grabbing the belt / waist to make it IJF compliant? Been thinking about this for a while but somehow never tried it.

hey have you guys ever tried a kata guruma with the bottom hand grabbing the belt / waist to make it IJF compliant? Been thinking about this for a while but somehow never tried it.
You can try this variant:

You can try this variant:

I also subscribe to Zenikov's channel (some of the best judo content on YT IMO) but I don't like this variation/vid. I want the "head outside kata guruma".

Any thoughts on the Osaka Grand Slam? I thought there were some good ippons. It's too bad Ono had to pull out. In case people missed some of the highlights:

there were fantastic ippons. usually the highlights for tournaments i just see a few i really like, but probably like 80% of the ones in these highlights are worth watching at 0.25 speed

i've been playing a lot of same-side grip and really enjoy the drop variation where you duck under their armpit from the outside and pull your hands over your head.

i also vote that every kata guruma done without grabbing the leg should be called nota guruma

Any thoughts on the Osaka Grand Slam? I thought there were some good ippons. It's too bad Ono had to pull out. In case people missed some of the highlights:

I was so happy that Abe won and finally defeated Maruyama again - his olympic dream is still alive!

Also was a little sad to see Uta Abe lose in the final to a girl who she has previously dominated a number of times without much trouble.

Ono should be the main guy for the Olympics; Ebinuma hasn't shown he can beat Ono - but Hashimoto has a better chance.

i've been playing a lot of same-side grip and really enjoy the drop variation where you duck under their armpit from the outside and pull your hands over your head.

i also vote that every kata guruma done without grabbing the leg should be called nota guruma
<[analyzed}>

Back