Official Joseph Aldo vs Max Holloway

Holloway is full of shit, talking about Jose Waldo then won't accept the fight in February.

i dont think max has the one shot ko power to put away jose. could see tko in the championship rounds with max putting on a flurry on gassed aldo
possible but Max doesn't do any of the things that traditionally cause aldo to gas, mainly wrestle and clinch. Aldo's gas tank was fine against Frankie.
Without the threat of take down i think we will see an old school leg kick clinic from Aldo and maybe a 3rd or 4th round TKO on the end of it. My money is on Aldo runs over Max pretty handily. gonna be good one tho ... if max ever signs.

If he played his cards right he could've enjoyed his Xmas, New Years, sons bday and even Valentine's Day without any grief. Nobody was going to make him fight 2 months after he won.

i dont think max has the one shot ko power to put away jose. could see tko in the championship rounds with max putting on a flurry on gassed aldo

Ginger is so lucky to have that lethal left ko hand, but otherwise he ain't special in anything else. Hendricks used to touch chins, but now he can hardly throw a good punch. You need a good base, to have a long career, other than Dan Henderson, who started as a wrestler,and discovered he just had heavy hands. I can't see him getting kos forever, and feel he must be taking some pretty expensive supplements. Why wouldn't he be? The guy wants to make history, he is obsessive, and he thinks weight is not relevant. Victor Conte said if you have the money you can avoid every test, so it is almost impossible to detect through the masked juices

Maximum Happy Holloways to you all, Sherbros!

Season's beatings.

possible but Max doesn't do any of the things that traditionally cause aldo to gas, mainly wrestle and clinch. Aldo's gas tank was fine against Frankie.
Without the threat of take down i think we will see an old school leg kick clinic from Aldo and maybe a 3rd or 4th round TKO on the end of it. My money is on Aldo runs over Max pretty handily. gonna be good one tho ... if max ever signs.
nah remeber the KZ fight? KZ wasnt seriously threating jose with anything and was getting outclassed but jose gassed in that fight from the end of 3rd plus when was the last time we saw jose put on a leg kick clinic? prolly the faber fight.
But i do agree jose will beat max but not running over him like how you predict more like 48-47 max has the reach and pace/chin to beat just about anyone in FW. honestly i think jose would beat connor in the rematch too if he fights the way he normally does

Ginger is so lucky to have that lethal left ko hand, but otherwise he ain't special in anything else. Hendricks used to touch chins, but now he can hardly throw a good punch. You need a good base, to have a long career, other than Dan Henderson, who started as a wrestler,and discovered he just had heavy hands. I can't see him getting kos forever, and feel he must be taking some pretty expensive supplements. Why wouldn't he be? The guy wants to make history, he is obsessive, and he thinks weight is not relevant. Victor Conte said if you have the money you can avoid every test, so it is almost impossible to detect through the masked juices
this aint about connor but okay bro

nah remeber the KZ fight? KZ wasnt seriously threating jose with anything and was getting outclassed but jose gassed in that fight from the end of 3rd plus when was the last time we saw jose put on a leg kick clinic? prolly the faber fight.
But i do agree jose will beat max but not running over him like how you predict more like 48-47 max has the reach and pace/chin to beat just about anyone in FW. honestly i think jose would beat connor in the rematch too if he fights the way he normally does
Doesn't Aldo have the reach advantage?

KZ was grappling and clinching him pretty hard if i remember. Any way. Faber? he kicked the hell out of frankie in the first fight, and Lamas too. He steered away from them to avoid take down vs Chad and Frankie (2). But Max doesn't really present a wrestling threat.
We'll see hopefully soon. Max doesn't have a reach advantage on Aldo btw.

So far all interim UFC champions below 155 went on to become undisputed champions.

There was more grappling than I remembered, took KZ down 5 times outta 6.

I'm calling Max by KO. I think Mac had a good point about all the warz that Aldo haz been in... & plus that KO Mac & McCarthy gave him can permanently damage the chin's strength.

Should be a great technical fight though... & I wouldn't mind it going to a dec... just to watch it all go down.

Max may surprise me but I really think Aldo has this in the bag, better striker, better power, better wrestling, better TDD,better jitz. He has better defence on the feet against much better opponents and his last win was against someone far better than any of his wins.

Max has output and cardio on his side and I think at this point more desire.

Holloway just finished Pettis who was never finished even in higher weight classes and people says he does not have power?

Fight is a toss up. Aldo does really well when he has a reach advantage but that is not the case here. I think he could turn into NCAA Aldo and take Max down. His TDs are really underrated.

Back