Official H1Z1 Thread

First BR Win : )

9456755ED486504E701968C85813F79E75B75BE3

anyone that bought this is not smart

Curious how this goes. From reading a little about the early access a ton of people are pissed they added paid air supply drops when they previously said the only microtransactions would be for skins and the like. That wouldn't bother me so much, but what would bother me is that even if you pay for the air drop, it will drop off in contested areas and someone else could get your loot.

Game garbage, looking at the reviews on steam then hearing my friend tell me how bad it is after he returned it. ill pass

this game is fun as hell. it's been out less than week and it's already 100x better than dayz standalone. to anyone who played dayz mod or standalone i would recommend this game. wayyyy way better.

I'm not paying to beta test a game that will be f2p on release.

Another running simulator great. Watched someone play this on stream for ten minutes doing absolutely nothing but running in fucking rain where you couldn't even see shit. 0/10 would not watch again.

Game is actually pretty fun for how early in development it is. Add me and steam I have no one to play with dickinaround is my account I believe.

Another running simulator great. Watched someone play this on stream for ten minutes doing absolutely nothing but running in fucking rain where you couldn't even see shit. 0/10 would not watch again.

Seriously.
I've put 2-3 hours in so far and all I've done is run around.
Haven't found ANY loot ANYWHERE.
The only time I've been able to get anything was when I killed another player for his food, bow and arrows.
To those who play, where do you find any loot? I've scavenged for hours and haven't found anything other than an empty bottled water.

I would only recommend this game to people that have played DayZ and like that genre.

There are better games in the sub-genre out right now for cheaper or the same general price. The game will be free later in the year, so just wait until then unless there are big improvements ahead of that time.
The host of early problems are a big let down as I had it in my cart until I read the Steam boards. The devs going back on promises is a huge problem, but they also heard the negative response and are patching things pretty regularly.

Here's a gameplay vid that isn't pushing the game or slamming it but giving a straight shoot.

Myself and jumpy were playing last night ,was pretty fun

Myself and jumpy were playing last night ,was pretty fun

What exactly did you do?
I've put 6-8 hours in and haven't done shit but run and look through empty crap.
Killed a couple players and looted berries and sticks.
Pretty much rinse and repeat.

DayZ ruined Alphas for me, but I also heard from Total Biscuit that the supply crates are currently p2w AF.

What exactly did you do?
I've put 6-8 hours in and haven't done shit but run and look through empty crap.
Killed a couple players and looted berries and sticks.
Pretty much rinse and repeat.

We met up after using /loc to get our locations, raided some houses and got some melee weapons, killed some zombies, found loot, jumpy killed one guy, that guys buddy killed jumpy i killed that guy and got really good loot for both myself and jumpy when he respawned (2 rifles 2 handguns and ammo with car components" so now we're locked cocked and ready to go when we log back in.

We met up after using /loc to get our locations, raided some houses and got some melee weapons, killed some zombies, found loot, jumpy killed one guy, that guys buddy killed jumpy i killed that guy and got really good loot for both myself and jumpy when he respawned (2 rifles 2 handguns and ammo with car components" so now we're locked cocked and ready to go when we log back in.

Where did you find anything? Did the server just reboot?
Myself and many other players can spend HOURS and not find a single thing to loot.

Where did you find anything? Did the server just reboot?
Myself and many other players can spend HOURS and not find a single thing to loot.

You'll find melee weapons quite easily in garages of houses, then you just go to the big cities to find guns

It seems like the better loot will by laying around out in the world as opposed to containers. So if you're in a rush a quick visual search may be better than looting each container in turn. I got a backpack from killing a zombie, a machete from a kitchen sink, and a wood axe in a broken grocery store refrigerator. Both melee weapons blended very well with their environment. Both took two glances.

It was pretty intense when I ran in on what I thought was a single player and cracked his skull open with my righteous axe. I began to loot the guy without properly surveying the area. The only reason I killed him was because I literally turned the corner and he was a foot in front of me. It took a good 10-15 seconds for the other player to figure out what happened and to open fire on me. If I had just looked instead of looted I could probably have downed that guy before he knew what was going on. Oh well. You die, you learn.

An early-access zombie survival game?

Surely this will only end well...

Back