Official Eye Poke Count

Does it matter that the fighters he faces aren't really bitching about it as much as we are?
Has anyone a link to something where one of his opponents talks about it?

Does it matter that the fighters he faces aren't really bitching about it as much as we are?
Has anyone a link to something where one of his opponents talks about it?

There is a mentality in fighting where you don't really bitch much about your opponent fighting dirty they don't want to look like they are making excuses so the fans are always going to be more vocal because they weren't involved in the fight. It changes the dynamic of every fight he's in though as his opponents can't close the distance for fear of being poked in the eyes.

Rampage and Glover both complained during the fight about the eye pokes though and nothing was done. I don't think anyone has gotten as many warnings as Jones and I don't think anyone comes close to the number of eye pokes without a point deduction, he's had at least 8 with zero point deductions.

There is a mentality in fighting where you don't really bitch much about your opponent fighting dirty they don't want to look like they are making excuses so the fans are always going to be more vocal because they weren't involved in the fight. It changes the dynamic of every fight he's in though as his opponents can't close the distance for fear of being poked in the eyes.

Rampage and Glover both complained during the fight about the eye pokes though and nothing was done.

That's a fair explanation.
I agree that he holds his hand out there to create distance and the fear of the eye poke.
He's gotta be ref'd for it, only way to stop it.

I do the same move in basketball..if they cant see the basket... they wont make the play.

Hey, if you're not cheating you're not trying. right?

But seriously, Jones is one of my favorite fighters, but I wish he'd stop the open hand to the face to keep distance, or gauge range.

Keep it closed, and utilize a really good jab, it's more effective, and perfectly legal, and people will not be pissed off. At this point though, he's doing it without really thinking. Probably instinct at this point. Been doing it for so long. In the beginning I'm sure he did it on purpose, knowing it's a dirty tactic. But now, I dunno, he hand his hand on Glovers head for like 10 straight seconds. Like the classic older brothers bully move on their little brothers who swing and swing but cant reach. Instead of slapping the hand off. Why doesn't any do that? Punch his arm, or step to the side, and Karate choppin that thing would be funny.

You'd have a point deducted for sure.

Worth it! Jones is often way ahead on scorecards and still pulling that BS, when a point deduction wouldn't make a difference.

3 rounds down, swift boot in the balls... I can dig that.

The evidence clearly shows it's not only poking but windshield wiper level across the eyes type skill as well. What do they train over there at Jackson's Wink?

Hey, if you're not cheating you're not trying. right?

But seriously, Jones is one of my favorite fighters, but I wish he'd stop the open hand to the face to keep distance, or gauge range.

Keep it closed, and utilize a really good jab, it's more effective, and perfectly legal, and people will not be pissed off. At this point though, he's doing it without really thinking. Probably instinct at this point. Been doing it for so long. In the beginning I'm sure he did it on purpose, knowing it's a dirty tactic. But now, I dunno, he hand his hand on Glovers head for like 10 straight seconds. Like the classic older brothers bully move on their little brothers who swing and swing but cant reach. Instead of slapping the hand off. Why doesn't any do that? Punch his arm, or step to the side, and Karate choppin that thing would be funny.

It is not instinct, there is no way it's instinct to hold your hand open with fingers extended towards your opponents eyes.

Worth it! Jones is often way ahead on scorecards and still pulling that BS, when a point deduction wouldn't make a difference.

3 rounds down, swift boot in the balls... I can dig that.

If someone came back and high kick koed him after would be an epic shit storm lol.

I had one poster defending his eye pokes saying his opponents should gameplan for his eye pokes. It was an epic fail in their part saying it was JJs opponent's fault they didn't have an answer for how he sticks his fingers out like that.

I firmly believe that his next loss will be by dq or he will have a no contest on his record because of his failed "distance guaging" technique.

Okay, people hate on Jon Jones for eye poking. In my opinion, it happens when you have gloves with fingers sticking out, but nonetheless, it is a problem.

So help me start a list of fights Jones (or other fighters) that have temporarily halted BY THE REFEREE (not counting eye - pokes that happened but weren't stopped due to the subjectivity of whether it was actually an eye - poke even if it seems obvious). In this way, if we do this diligantly enough, we can determine who really holds the record for most OFFICIAL eye pokes:

I'll update original post as people identify fights that were temporarily halted for eye pokes (please make sure to list who was the guilty eye - poker in each case):

Tell me how many eye pokes happend in pancrase? I mean if it just happens

Don't get me wrong dude, if I ever had a match against Jones i'd kick him in the balls as hard as I could and take my DQ, and just go all nick diaz and say i didn't care about winning i just wanted to watch him suffer. And if the UFC gave me a rematch i'd do it again. And that's how you live forever and become legend.

This made me LOL.

Kind of like TS, I've wanted to start an analysis of fighters who lose after a nut shot. I would estimate that in a fight where one fighter takes an illegal groin hit, that fighter loses the fight something like 90% of the time. Unless the numbers don't prove it out, that would be my strategy - nut shot right off the bell, take the warning/point deduction and win anyway.

what fighting Jon Jones looks like:
2SJLFGuCvOwP.jpg

lmao

Back