Official Eye Poke Count

All I'm saying is that the refs are reactionary and frequently miss it when it happens; this pretty much ensures Jones (or any dingbat who does this like a few other i can name) will never get punished.

I mean look at Shields/GSP for a great example, Shields blatantly eye fucking GSP with his fingers and getting away with it, the gifs are everywhere. Then you have the infamous gif of Jones pawing at Rampage's eyes and Rampage looking at the ref like "WTF?" and the ref is like, "He hasn't hurt you badly yet so touching your eyes is A-OK pussy"

So basically Jones can have his fingers in your eyes all day long as long as he doesn't extend them quickly in an effort to blind you - except he does, it's his go-to defense against people rushing at him, but it stops fighters short rather than run right into his fingers and so again, ref doesn't do shit.

Who cares? if the refs dont give a shit its evidently not against the rules. Eye poke away. just don't blatantly blind the motherfucker (accidentally is ok) and you're in the clear. Ditto for cage grabbing, you can get away with it for a few times so fucking do it, one time may be all you need.

imo everybody should start doing it. Glover should have just said fuck this and eyepoked Jones HARD instead of trying to punch him. So what if Jones gets the champ treatment and Glover gets DQd, if sherdog is any evidence at least half the fans will say "jones had it coming."

Hell I think Gus should do it too. Throw caution to the wind and jab them fingers in there. If you don't like it you gotta Make a statement or people will just do it over and over.

I agree but lets also allow kicks and punches to the balls. While we are at it why not also allow kicks and punches to the back of the head. Or perhaps they should allow fish hooks and hair pulling. :icon_neut

Oh another masked "BUT THE REF DIDNT STOP IT SO THEY DONT COUNT" threads

I agree but lets also allow kicks and punches to the balls. While we are at it why not also allow kicks and punches to the back of the head. Or perhaps they should allow fish hooks and hair pulling. :icon_neut

Don't get me wrong dude, if I ever had a match against Jones i'd kick him in the balls as hard as I could and take my DQ, and just go all nick diaz and say i didn't care about winning i just wanted to watch him suffer. And if the UFC gave me a rematch i'd do it again. And that's how you live forever and become legend.

it would be so epic if someone grabbed his wrist wihle he's trying his eye poke defense bs and flying armbarred him.. if i ever had ot fight jones, i'd kick him as hard asi could in th enuts or clinch wiht him and jam my thumbs as deep into his eyesockets as i could and repeatedly just jam my fingers as deep into his eyes until someone pulls me off him. i'd end 2 careers at the same time :D op

it would be so epic if someone grabbed his wrist wihle he's trying his eye poke defense bs and flying armbarred him.. if i ever had ot fight jones, i'd kick him as hard asi could in th enuts or clinch wiht him and jam my thumbs as deep into his eyesockets as i could and repeatedly just jam my fingers as deep into his eyes until someone pulls me off him. i'd end 2 careers at the same time :D op

Good for you.

what fighting Jon Jones looks like:
2SJLFGuCvOwP.jpg

i died

Refs are supposed to act like Jones doesn't poke eyes if they want to see their families again.

But srsly, Jones knows what he's donig and what it does to other fighters, because of this he is a turd of a human being - still the most talented active fighter though, except maybe NBK, imagine what he'd do if he had that much height on others.

Fighters should just copy his strategy and beat him. Patriots got flak for spy-gating, but are remembered for their three super bowls. Until someone beats bones or out eye blocks him, the hate fuel will burn continue burning his name into legendary status.

All I'm saying is that the refs are reactionary and frequently miss it when it happens; this pretty much ensures Jones (or any dingbat who does this like a few other i can name) will never get punished.

I mean look at Shields/GSP for a great example, Shields blatantly eye fucking GSP with his fingers and getting away with it, the gifs are everywhere. Then you have the infamous gif of Jones pawing at Rampage's eyes and Rampage looking at the ref like "WTF?" and the ref is like, "He hasn't hurt you badly yet so touching your eyes is A-OK pussy"

So basically Jones can have his fingers in your eyes all day long as long as he doesn't extend them quickly in an effort to blind you - except he does, it's his go-to defense against people rushing at him, but it stops fighters short rather than run right into his fingers and so again, ref doesn't do shit.

Yup

^^^Ref didn't stop it....should have, but didn't. Thus not on my Official count.

I like that when josh moves towards them, finally reacting to Rampage getting his attention, John points his fingers down then drops his hand all together.

This should be sorted out pre-fight between fighters and referees....it's a joke.

were any of these halted by the ref to give the fighters a brief break to recover?

Gus and Glover where the only ones halted, because they were the only ones actually poked in the eye, l ike you are asking for. Any other name listed were guys dealing with Jones annoying extended hand/fingers/touching their face. But understand you are dealing with a lot of slow bias people who have trouble properly differentiating what they are complaining about. Its just two things people, extending hand/fingers or eye poke. Not hard to tell the difference.

You can add Gustafsson, in the Manuwa fight he poked him in eye. Action was stopped for a good period and a doctor had to come in to check his eye. (Manuwa loss within a minute after resuming)

If Jones eyepoked me, I'd kick him in the balls pretty hard.

Gus and Glover where the only ones halted, because they were the only ones actually poked in the eye, l ike you are asking for. Any other name listed were guys dealing with Jones annoying extended hand/fingers/touching their face. But understand you are dealing with a lot of slow bias people who have trouble properly differentiating what they are complaining about. Its just two things people, extending hand/fingers or eye poke. Not hard to tell the difference.

You can add Gustafsson, in the Manuwa fight he poked him in eye. Action was stopped for a good period and a doctor had to come in to check his eye. (Manuwa loss within a minute after resuming)

Gus learned from jones fight. If you want to win you have to eye poke and refs not going DQ you for it. So jones vs. Gus II going make a new record of the most eye pokes in the history of any combat sport ever! I got Gus surpassing master eye poke jones, the student beats the teacher ;)

Gus learned from jones fight. If you want to win you have to eye poke and refs not going DQ you for it. So jones vs. Gus II going make a new record of the most eye pokes in the history of any combat sport ever! I got Gus surpassing master eye poke jones, the student beats the teacher ;)

He didnt learn anything from Jones, because he has extended his hand/fingers before fighting Jones, and was also warned of doing the same in the Jones fight.

He got Page, Glover, Gus, Rashad and Shogun for sure.

I can't remember his other fights though

I think it was Page once, Glover once(tried for a second one but Glover moved back), Gus twice, Rashad once, Shogun twice(eye rake and on the ground) and Vitor once on the ground with a thumb in the eye so by my count 8 times, but I might have missed some. The amount of times hes threatened to eye poke has got to be around 20 or more easily.

Back