Official Eye Poke Count

NHB7

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Okay, people hate on Jon Jones for eye poking. In my opinion, it happens when you have gloves with fingers sticking out, but nonetheless, it is a problem.

So help me start a list of fights Jones (or other fighters) that have temporarily halted BY THE REFEREE (not counting eye - pokes that happened but weren't stopped due to the subjectivity of whether it was actually an eye - poke even if it seems obvious). In this way, if we do this diligantly enough, we can determine who really holds the record for most OFFICIAL eye pokes:

I'll update original post as people identify fights that were temporarily halted for eye pokes (please make sure to list who was the guilty eye - poker in each case):

raw

Okay, people hate on Jon Jones for eye poking. In my opinion, it happens when you have gloves with fingers sticking out, but nonetheless, it is a problem.

It is because Jones is the only person I know that uses pointing his fingers toward his opponents eyes in an attempt to block their vision while knowingly risking actually poking their eyes.

He goes above and beyond what any other fighter does and that is where the hate comes from.

It is because Jones is the only person I know that uses pointing his fingers toward his opponents eyes in an attempt to block their vision while knowingly risking actually poking their eyes.

He goes above and beyond any other fighter does and that is where the hate comes from.

I'm not really trying to argue that he does or doesn't eye - poke. I just want a good consensus number fo times that he and other fighters have. I remember that Chuck Liddell use to be criticized for eye - poking as well.

^^^Ref didn't stop it....should have, but didn't. Thus not on my Official count.

They never stop it, the refs(Big John especially) continuously warn Jones each fight. Actually I think Big Jon did stop the Glover fight(but maybe it was just another warning).

He got Page, Glover, Gus, Rashad and Shogun for sure.

I can't remember his other fights though

He got Page, Glover, Gus, Rashad and Shogun for sure.

I can't remember his other fights though

were any of these halted by the ref to give the fighters a brief break to recover?

The Jones eye-pokes annoy the fuck outta me, as do all the bullshit threads about the pokes.

[YT]x2OsQm65FNo[/YT]

Jon Jones has never poked anyone in the eye. Their eyes poke his fingers.

Who cares? if the refs dont give a shit its evidently not against the rules. Eye poke away. just don't blatantly blind the motherfucker (accidentally is ok) and you're in the clear. Ditto for cage grabbing, you can get away with it for a few times so fucking do it, one time may be all you need.

imo everybody should start doing it. Glover should have just said fuck this and eyepoked Jones HARD instead of trying to punch him. So what if Jones gets the champ treatment and Glover gets DQd, if sherdog is any evidence at least half the fans will say "jones had it coming."

Hell I think Gus should do it too. Throw caution to the wind and jab them fingers in there. If you don't like it you gotta Make a statement or people will just do it over and over.

Who cares? if the refs dont give a shit its evidently not against the rules. Eye poke away. just don't blatantly blind the motherfucker (accidentally is ok) and you're in the clear. Ditto for cage grabbing, you can get away with it for a few times so fucking do it, one time may be all you need.

Nobody said it was against to rules if you don't get caught. It is just simply a dirty tactic that people use to get an unfair advantage.

Let Jones use dirty tactics all he wants.. He will just simply keep getting the hate he deserves.

what fighting Jon Jones looks like:
2SJLFGuCvOwP.jpg

Back