Spoilers Official ELDEN RING Discussion [PS/PC/Xbox]

Your Elden Ring Waifu:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have the game running so much better by disabling anti-cheat, and also installed these mods:

-Skip Intros (no more flashbang Bandai logo)
-Remove vignette
-Remove chromatic abberation
-Unlock framerate
-Adjust field of view

Also with mod manager 2 you can easily swap armor with modded ones.

He's terrible, dude, and you're really just pinned down at that spot until you topple him. It was a very ugly fight that I barely survived when I'd beat him, iirc.
Yup I was stuck for a while because of that POS. When he started with the lightening crap I kept dying. Took me a while to get past him.

Spent last weekend alternating between getting destroyed by the Royal Revanent and Edgar the Revenger. Fun times.

Finally finished the game after 125 hours. Got the Ranni simp ending.

It slowed down quite a bit towards the end and the final boss was complete ass like it usually is in japanese games, but overall I enjoyed it a lot.

Gonna take a few weeks break and then start NG+ to get the other endings and finish the platinum trophy.

Idk what it is but NG+2 is kicking my ass. I had almost no issues the first playthroughs and now the named dragons are like solid walls.

I have the game running so much better by disabling anti-cheat, and also installed these mods:

-Skip Intros (no more flashbang Bandai logo)
-Remove vignette
-Remove chromatic abberation
-Unlock framerate
-Adjust field of view

Also with mod manager 2 you can easily swap armor with modded ones.

How do you disable anti-cheat and install those mods? I'm playing with a huge monitor but it won't let me use the entire screen if I want to play online.

How do you disable anti-cheat and install those mods? I'm playing with a huge monitor but it won't let me use the entire screen if I want to play online.
So if you want to do all of this, you will not be able to play online. You HAVE to play offline or you can get banned.

Disabling anti-cheat is easy:
-In your game folder change the file "start_protected_game.exe" to "start_protected_game2.exe.old"
-Copy/Paste "eldenring.exe" then rename the copied file to "start_protected_game.exe"

note: if their is an update for the game you likely have to repeat this process.

When you start the game even through steam it will now just load the actual game - not anti-cheat. Anti-cheat really fucks up performance and load times.

Once you have that done, you can install the mods.

Install this mod loader by dropping it's contents into the game folder:
https://www.nexusmods.com/eldenring/mods/117

This will create a mod folder where you will drop in the mods. In that link if you click "requirements" you will see a list of compatible mods like the ones I listed, but also a bunch of screen fixes for ultra wide monitors.

So if you want to do all of this, you will not be able to play online. You HAVE to play offline or you can get banned.

Disabling anti-cheat is easy:
-In your game folder change the file "start_protected_game.exe" to "start_protected_game2.exe.old"
-Copy/Paste "eldenring.exe" then rename the copied file to "start_protected_game.exe"

note: if their is an update for the game you likely have to repeat this process.

When you start the game even through steam it will now just load the actual game - not anti-cheat. Anti-cheat really fucks up performance and load times.

Once you have that done, you can install the mods.

Install this mod loader by dropping it's contents into the game folder:
https://www.nexusmods.com/eldenring/mods/117

This will create a mod folder where you will drop in the mods. In that link if you click "requirements" you will see a list of compatible mods like the ones I listed, but also a bunch of screen fixes for ultra wide monitors.

Great response. Thank you!

Question: When you say "will not be able to play online," does that also mean that player messages will not show up in my world?

Great response. Thank you!

Question: When you say "will not be able to play online," does that also mean that player messages will not show up in my world?
Correct. Even without doing any of the things I said, if you set the game to play offline as normal those messages go away, and you don't see spirits of other players running around.

That's actually how I've been playing it from the start.

Has anybody tried a rapier build out? I was thinking of using the frostbite and rot ones and dual wielding, but I'm scared lol

Has anybody tried a rapier build out? I was thinking of using the frostbite and rot ones and dual wielding, but I'm scared lol

I just watched a vid on YT for that.

Sweet merciful crap, is it powerful!

"How to Rot Bleed Frost Poison at the SAME TIME - RIDICULOUS Damage - Best Status Build - Elden Ring!"

Just copy paste that in YT and you should be good. There's a LOT of dual rapier builds out there. This game has so many options to play with, it's amazing.

I won't embed it so I don't break any rules because there might be a spoiler or two in it.

I just watched a vid on YT for that.

Sweet merciful crap, is it powerful!

"How to Rot Bleed Frost Poison at the SAME TIME - RIDICULOUS Damage - Best Status Build - Elden Ring!"

Just copy paste that in YT and you should be good. There's a LOT of dual rapier builds out there. This game has so many options to play with, it's amazing.

I won't embed it so I don't break any rules because there might be a spoiler or two in it.

I'm sold lol, I'll use it on NG+3 and report back

I really need to learn how to dodge Malenia's waterfowl properly, especially in phase two. She keeps catching me right at the end.

You might as well get rid of her entire moveset except for that one attack because that's all she gets everyone with.

Got her but it took a few hours longer than expected. And I'm still no good with that attack.

Got her but it took a few hours longer than expected. And I'm still no good with that attack.
It’s such bullshit. It’s like dodge away twice and then towards once and then to the side or some shit. Or just out space it entirely. I like the cunty little swipes at the end when you think it’s over.

It’s such bullshit. It’s like dodge away twice and then towards once and then to the side or some shit. Or just out space it entirely. I like the cunty little swipes at the end when you think it’s over.
Yeah exactly. It's hard to get the timing and spacing right. And then in phase two you might survive but get rotted and die before you can heal lol.

Back