*Official* Cotto vs. Margarito discussion thread.

But we both know that Nick Diaz would beat both, right? :icon_lol:

Wow, I was getting flamed to death in that thread. LOl at all the MMA fans who think Diaz is a great boxer.

Worst part was, any boxing fan knows I was 100% correct in that thread but those idiots in those forums are like a gang.

"Well I like Nick Diaz and I've seen him hit someone, I 'm pretty sure his technical boxing is unsurpassed."

Wow, I was getting flamed to death in that thread. LOl at all the MMA fans who think Diaz is a great boxer.

Worst part was, any boxing fan knows I was 100% correct in that thread but those idiots in those forums are like a gang.

"Well I like Nick Diaz and I've seen him hit someone, I 'm pretty sure his technical boxing is unsurpassed."

LOL at the guy saying he doesnt slip punches because he has faith in his chin. :icon_lol:

LOL at the guy saying he doesnt slip punches because he has faith in his chin. :icon_lol:

Yeah, loved that one. "Diaz doesn't slip punches because he chooses not to."

I was gonna help you out in there, but Ive heard you can catch teh aids by posting in the MMA forums...

I was gonna help you out in there, but Ive heard you can catch teh aids by posting in the MMA forums...

I'm sure mods get lots of complaints about me from that forum. I should stay out of there.

I'm getting bored with MMA lately anyway. I think after that Affliction show, I may just watch boxing for a while. I've felt more of a sense of exctement when watching boxing lately than MMA.

I'm sure mods get lots of complaints about me from that forum. I should stay out of there.

I'm getting bored with MMA lately anyway. I think after that Affliction show, I may just watch boxing for a while. I've felt more of a sense of exctement when watching boxing lately than MMA.

Damn...really? I mean, obviously the majority of the fanbase for MMA is garbage, but I try not to let that affect my view of the sport. Besides, a good mix of knowledge and bravado is usually enough to make Heavies goons back down like they just got pimpslapped by their new daddy.

Or is there another reason for the disenchantment? I will admit that sometimes, watching MMA standup is painful after watching great boxers work.

I'm more eager to see this than Oscar-Floyd 2. Although I'll no doubt watch both.

Floyd is NOT the #1 p4p boxer. He's the #1 paid boxer.

Cotto-Margarito will never get the amount of views DLH-FMjr is going to get and that's sad...sad, sad, sad.

Cotto by late round tko or UD. But I think it's going to be fight of the year.

I have a tough time getting excited about MMA anymore. Let me tell you why:

1. Obviously marketed to a group of people I find really annoying.
  2. WWE effect. Enough with the fake call outs and stare downs between guys fighting in the future
  3. Joe Rogan
  4. TapOut and Affliction
  5. Obnoxious fans
  6. A cage? Really?

Overall, I have a lot of respect for the fighters and being able to become competent in so many different aspects of fighting, but I like watching the experts of something rather than the jack of all trades type. I find boxing or Muay thai much more exciting than MMA.

Floyd is NOT the #1 p4p boxer. He's the #1 paid boxer.

Saying that requires you to post your #1 P4P. Who is he? Pac (random guess)?

I love Floyd's game and he's definitely one of my favorite fighters, but I can't endorse the amount of glory he's trading in right now for extra cash. Regardless, he is my obvious #1 P4P. It's Floyd, then everyone else.

2. WWE effect. Enough with the fake call outs and stare downs between guys fighting in the future
  3. Joe Rogan
  4. TapOut and Affliction
  5. Obnoxious fans
  6. A cage? Really?

Overall, I have a lot of respect for the fighters and being able to become competent in so many different aspects of fighting, but I like watching the experts of something rather than the jack of all trades type. I find boxing or Muay thai much more exciting than MMA.

Dude...there is plenty of fake hype in boxing. Probably not as much as MMA right now, but still plenty. B-Hops faux racism? Hatton wearing earmuffs? Weigh-in scuffles? Floyd turning into a motormouth every time he's on camera or otherwise in the public eye? Come on.

The rest of your gripes, the cage, specialization and Rogan notwithstanding, pretty much boil down to fanbase issues. I will be the first to say that I don't flaunt my MMA interest, especially among the older crowd. It really does cause a lot of people to look down on you, mostly because of the association with the TapOut crowd, etc.

The specialization issue seems the most legit to me. With regards to the cage, did you watch DREAM at all?

Dude...there is plenty of fake hype in boxing. Probably not as much as MMA right now, but still plenty. B-Hops faux racism? Hatton wearing earmuffs? Weigh-in scuffles? Floyd turning into a motormouth every time he's on camera or otherwise in the public eye? Come on?

I never claimed that my preference was based on any sort of logic or rational thought. MMA fakeness seems faker than Boxing's fakeness (to me).

The rest of your gripes, the cage, specialization and Rogan notwithstanding, pretty much boil down to fanbase issues. I will be the first to say that I don't flaunt my MMA interest, especially among the older crowd. It really does cause a lot of people to look down on you, mostly because of the association with the TapOut crowd, etc.

The specialization issue seems the most legit to me. With regards to the cage, did you watch DREAM at all?

I have not seen DREAM, no. Whats that?

3. Joe Rogan
  4. TapOut and Affliction
  5. Obnoxious fans
  6. A cage? Really?

Pretty much agree.

I hate the people that are being attracted to MMA. I hate to be asociated with that pro wrestling fan mentality.

Pretty much agree.

I hate the people that are being attracted to MMA. I hate to be asociated with that pro wrestling fan mentality.

Thats pretty much it in a nutshell for me. The worst part is that I'm white...with tatoos...and mid-twenties. So I have to always be vigilant in my hate for MMA, just to make sure they dont associate me with it. Its a lot of work...

Great to see Cotto back in the ring. Too bad Mayweather is ducking him.

1.Damn...really? I mean, obviously the majority of the fanbase for MMA is garbage, but I try not to let that affect my view of the sport. Besides, a good mix of knowledge and bravado is usually enough to make Heavies goons back down like they just got pimpslapped by their new daddy.

2.Or is there another reason for the disenchantment? I will admit that sometimes, watching MMA standup is painful after watching great boxers work.

1. In the MMA forums here, If you don't agree with what someone says, you are a f ag or a newb, or you have a lot of postsetcetc etc.

Look at hte boxing forum. here if I disagree with someone, its respected and if someone disagrees, theyare intelligent enough to back it up with something. Its good discussion. The MMA forums are just a bunch of high school geeks trying to impress each other.

2. Mostly what I said. But its a lttle more. I really have been watching UFC since the second UFC was released on VHS. Everyone says that, but I really have been a fan for years. Now I'm seeing pro wrestlers take the spotlight, internet sensations... i don't like it. Thats just my opinion, but I'm embarrassed by it. Also, the fights seem to play out all the same. I never really get a big surprise, I never see true top fighters fght each other. The rankings mean less in MMA than they do in boxing, and they mean shit in boxing. I'm starting to get the feeling I get when I talk to someone that enjoys pro wrestling.

DREAM is a new Japanese MMA promotion. They've got a really nice stable of fighters and have put on some pretty good shows so far. Unfortunately they really aren't marketing anywhere but in Japan.

Thats pretty much it in a nutshell for me. The worst part is that I'm white...with tatoos...and mid-twenties. So I have to always be vigilant in my hate for MMA, just to make sure they dont associate me with it. Its a lot of work...

Hahah that's rough. I don't have the tattoos but I have to constantly fight the "dumb kid who likes brawling" stigma if I ever mention MMA. I can't count how many times I've said about MMA "fuck this sport and the retards who finance it" (example: Never Back Down trailer) but I still manage to not rule out watching awesome fighters like BJ Penn, Rampage, GSP et al.

1. In the MMA forums here, If you don't agree with what someone says, you are a f ag or a newb, or you have a lot of postsetcetc etc.

Look at hte boxing forum. here if I disagree with someone, its respected and if someone disagrees, theyare intelligent enough to back it up with something. Its good discussion. The MMA forums are just a bunch of high school geeks trying to impress each other.

2. Mostly what I said. But its a lttle more. I really have been watching UFC since the second UFC was released on VHS. Everyone says that, but I really have been a fan for years. Now I'm seeing pro wrestlers take the spotlight, internet sensations... i don't like it. Thats just my opinion, but I'm embarrassed by it. Also, the fights seem to play out all the same. I never really get a big surprise, I never see true top fighters fght each other. The rankings mean less in MMA than they do in boxing, and they mean shit in boxing. I'm starting to get the feeling I get when I talk to someone that enjoys pro wrestling.

[/QUOTE]

1. Totally true. The Heavies is garbage and I never show up there unless I feel like shutting down morons. Which lately, strangely enough, I have. That notion will most likely leave quickly. There's only so many hours in a day, and the idiot flood never really stops.

2. Agree. One word: ZUFFA
EDIT: Although EliteXC's marketing makes me want to puke as well..

I think we're pretty much on the same page here. /end thread hijack :icon_chee

Back