*Official Combined Squat/DL Race to 800

Man I wanted 405 DL bad yesterday. Got it to 3/4 of lockout and a callus on my offhand gave out along with my grip. Busted ass so hard trying for 405 I couldnt even get 395 when I tried it.

I hate when that happens. I tore a callus off on Saturday starting my friend's nephews mini bike that wouldn't turn over. Can't deadlift for like another week now :(

Yesterday in the gym I squatted for the first time in a couple months. I didn't PR but I was able to put up 225 x 5 twice. I tested out the new stance that I've been stretching for and it feels really comfortable. I think I should start seeing improved numbers at squat in the next couple of weeks. As soon as they have something more than squat stands I'll probably get ready for a PR attempt. I won't be PRing deadlift for a while though. I PRed like 3 times in April and it takes too much out of me :D

I hit 390 on my deadlift today. I swear I wasn't sandbagging with the 345, I just felt really chipper and I'm still making noob gains.

That puts me at 735 total.

Hey winteriscoming, thanks for all the organizational stuff you've done between this and the squat competition. You're doing a great job.

Wait? Blonde warrior can raw squat 365?

Do I really WANT to enter this contest?

Ha, shit I wish.

Since I've been training for my next powerlifting meet, the only current maxes that I have are with gear. Sorry about that. My raw squat is around 250, but since I haven't done *any* unequipped heavier lifting, this is what I have for now.

After my meet on June 28th, I'm going to be doing a lot of bodybuilding-type training, and I'll test my raw maxes there.

Ha, shit I wish.

Since I've been training for my next powerlifting meet, the only current maxes that I have are with gear. Sorry about that. My raw squat is around 250, but since I haven't done *any* unequipped heavier lifting, this is what I have for now.

After my meet on June 28th, I'm going to be doing a lot of bodybuilding-type training, and I'll test my raw maxes there.

What kind of suit you using?

So how's everyone doing?

Really good actually. I Haven't PRed, since its been like 3 days since we started. I have been doing a shitload of stretching so I can do squats with a narrow stance. It works magnificently and I feel much stronger this way.

So how is everything going for you guys? I think most of us are also in the squat competition, so there should be a lot of gains in the next few months. Me, I'm doing a Smolov squat cycle right now. I'm hoping to hit the 410 or whatever it is I need to even out my 390 deadlift in a month or so.

I'd like to join, since im in the squat comp.

BW: 175
Squat: 315
DL: 405
Total: 720

bodyweight 215
squat 355
deadlift 465

this was done a couple of weeks ago and ive gone into
a new training mode to get down towards 185 and i will
retry at the end of that training faze to see the difference.

im in
body weight : 185

Dl: 385
squat 275
total 660

Just wanna update.

Squat = 295
Deadlift = 425

Total = 720

Blondie's Update!

Competitor: BlondeWarrior
Bodyweight: 190
Squat: 365
Deadlift: (303) 315
Total: (668) 680

I've FINALLY pulled 3 wheels. More details in the log.

Been really busy lately I'll look to update this sometime this weekend hopefully.

Nice work Blondie. Winter, you're the man and a saint for your organization. Take your time.

Back