Multiplatform Official Call of Duty: Vanguard/Warzone Disc. **S5 is LIVE

I absolutely hate everything about Vanguard except the core MP gameplay. For some reason I really love the pace of this years game and the new small ass map is great.

I absolutely hate everything about Vanguard except the core MP gameplay. For some reason I really love the pace of this years game and the new small ass map is great.
Vanguard has very good pacing across tactical, assault, and blitz modes.

Vanguard has very good pacing across tactical, assault, and blitz modes.
Yeah the maps are decent and the TTK seems perfect. The only draw back is probably Sniper viability. What makes my eyes roll is how half of the characters are black and brown women. Then, if that's not bad enough they aren't even sexualized. No swastikas or any indication of factions in the online multiplayer. Why have Operators if they aren't unique in ANY way? All that aside, it's the only MP I've prestiged in quite some time.

Yeah the maps are decent and the TTK seems perfect. The only draw back is probably Sniper viability. What makes my eyes roll is how half of the characters are black and brown women. Then, if that's not bad enough they aren't even sexualized. No swastikas or any indication of factions in the online multiplayer. Why have Operators if they aren't unique in ANY way? All that aside, it's the only MP I've prestiged in quite some time.
The factionless MP is a no-excuse letdown, I agree; one has a very lessened sense of teammate or target in-match. Was hoping they'd would change it (not unlike MW's Coalition-Allegiance assignments) as the roster grew with TF Trident but never did.

S3 confirmed for 27 April; operation codename is Classified Arms.

Took long enough; will make for a dynamic shift in objective-mode play, no doubt:

Unlocked the Whitley this afternoon with only 24h of the BP remaining and she's an absolute stunner. Love the look and feel.

I can't believe how popular the Snoop bundle is; they gave his char some really, really cool muzzle flash (across 3 legendary b/ps, iirc) so I'm thinking that's drawing players in – in addition to the smoke MVP highlight and intro.

S3 (codename: CLASSIFIED ARMS) launches tomorrow:

Sledge has done a 180 and scrapped the 15 matches w/o frag death challenge to unlock the new trophy system. Now, all players receive it day one of S3 launch – today. Good stuff.

<LucyBless>

Call me impressed with the BP this season; operator skins are many and great. New char Mateo looks like a BAMF and his Legendary reaper skin is super cool. Not sure what this Godzilla buzz is all about (still reeling from Krampus PTSD :p) but we'll see. Charm and sticker game in VG remains very weak. New trophy system is bulkier than expected but works as intended.

XP event is live:

After no-DMG rubber bullets, cheaters again getting clowned on for the fools they are:

Vanguard S3 apparently pulling in big numbers. UK's Virgin Media network for example has experienced record-breaking service traffic that they've attributed to Call of Duty Vanguard activity.

<TheWire1>
I'm telling you: Check the operator skins out at least. Very well done this time around; am thoroughly impressed – and new map, Mayhem, is being thrown up alongside other series map greats for design, combat flow.

The Call of Duty machine stalled last year, in response to which publisher Activision Blizzard is blaming the slowdown on the latest game’s World War II setting and lack of “innovation.” Sure.

After its most recent earnings missed forecasts by some $300 million, the company blamed the poor results on the lukewarm reception of 2021’s Call of Duty: Vanguard. https://kotaku.com/activision-call-d...ase-1848873636

Should have never even made it. Screwed over the zombie community also.

To split hairs on the semantics, it's not on VG expressly, they've said, but on the WWII setting. Everyone said from go that period fatigue is very real and WWII had been done to death – and here we are. This pub never listens or acknowledges their own hand in Ls.

@Valhoven have you seen any official confirmation that Warzone 2 will have the weapons from mw2?

Because I remember reading somewhere that
WZ 2 will have it's own weapons.

I tried googling it a few times but couldn't find anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Valhoven have you seen any official confirmation that Warzone 2 will have the weapons from mw2?

Because I remember reading somewhere that
WZ 2 will have it's own weapons.

I tried googling it a few times but couldn't find anything.
Interesting question. So, short answer is we don't know. Big announcements for WZ2 have been rumoured for Summer Game Fest (May/June) and Gamescom in August. All kit previous to MWII (VG and older) have been confirmed gone. As with WZ1, IW being behind the project as well as MWII makes for reasonable questions around how much they'll be coalescing the two. Plenty of people reckon WZ a balancing mess with having to accommodate every Duty instalment so maybe a lesson in separation has been learnt and WZ2 will very much be its own thing. Rumours are IW is going to be shaking up BR with WZ2 to include a sandbox mode so I'm pumped to see what's coming down.

Back