Official Brad Morris Discussion

LOL

1. I am not av/sig betting anyone. For all I know, Cain could choke and then get KTFO, and now I'm stuck with a gay dude's penis as my avatar, and a sig that says, "I take asphalt dildos in the ass."

LOL, I'm not doing that.

2. Brad's record: First off, I apologize about that mistake. I swear I heard that, and now that I actually looked into it, it's even worse than what I said it was.

Not counting his two losses, everyone he's beaten (9 guys) have a combined record of 23 - 32. Some of those guys are real, real bad too.

The two guys he fought that had winning records, were Jim York and Soa Palalei, and that was Soa's first fight dude.

So, anytime he fights someone with a winning record, he not only loses, but he gets KO'd in the process.

3. I am definitely a fan of Brad Morris, and I love his posting here. He's very polite, very respectful, and very cool with his posting. I don't dislike him.

I'm looking at this through the eyes of an MMA fan that critiques fights as a hobby.

I could be wrong here, and Brad could win. If he does, I won't be upset about it. In fact, I'll be on here congratulating him for a great fight. But I just don't think he's going to win his fight.

Playing the MMA math card the only guy Jim York lost to is a guy brad morris beat... you can't always gauge peoples opponents on who they are as a fighter... he lost to soa in his first fight, and he got koed by york that could happen to any fighter...

LOL

1. I am not av/sig betting anyone. For all I know, Cain could choke and then get KTFO, and now I'm stuck with a gay dude's penis as my avatar, and a sig that says, "I take asphalt dildos in the ass."

LOL, I'm not doing that.

2. Brad's record: First off, I apologize about that mistake. I swear I heard that, and now that I actually looked into it, it's even worse than what I said it was.

Not counting his two losses, everyone he's beaten (9 guys) have a combined record of 23 - 32. Some of those guys are real, real bad too.

The two guys he fought that had winning records, were Jim York and Soa Palalei, and that was Soa's first fight dude.

So, anytime he fights someone with a winning record, he not only loses, but he gets KO'd in the process.

3. I am definitely a fan of Brad Morris, and I love his posting here. He's very polite, very respectful, and very cool with his posting. I don't dislike him.

I'm looking at this through the eyes of an MMA fan that critiques fights as a hobby.

I could be wrong here, and Brad could win. If he does, I won't be upset about it. In fact, I'll be on here congratulating him for a great fight. But I just don't think he's going to win his fight.

Brad was also 0-0 when he fought Palalei.

Now to the KO comment:
From what I understand Jim York fight was a bit controversial. IIRC, Brad was doing very well and the fight went to an extra round due to a tie. Jim tagged Brad pretty good and the ref stopped it. The person that posted the info on another board (NOT BRAD) said that Brad got robbed by the judges in regulation and that Brad wasn't hurt too badly when the ref stepped in.

Typical wrestler-hype. Ooh this guy was a good wrestler so he must be a good fighter. Bullshit. Theres no logical argument for Cain being the favorite apart from blind nuthuggery. He has had 2 fights none of them against high level competition. He is as unproven at the top level as Brad is, but Brad has had more fights and has been in the MMA game for longer.

Well, bodoglife says we're pretty darn stupid

Both must fight for action. Singles Only. Max $500
Brad Morris 3.50
Cain Velasquez 1.31

I don't mind. Bring it.

What the hell? Is this page messed up for any of you guys?

Yes, Cain is all hype. I don't doubt that.

I also don't for a second doubt that Brad COULD pull this off, as Cain is unproven, unexperienced, and new to the game.

But the problem with this for me is that Brad's strength is also Cain's strength, and Cain's got a tremendous background in the base skill required to exploit that strength.

Not to mention that the fight you saw of Cain's, the Bodog fight, was only after he'd been training for 5 months.

People that train with Cain have been saying for quite some time that he's insanely good.

BUT, experience in MMA counts for a TON. So, if Cain loses this fight, it will probably come from him choking and then gassing.

As for Brad's fight with York and the MMath thing. I'm not playing MMath at all dude, where do you get that? I'm not saying that fighter A beat fighter B, and fighter B beat fighter C, so fighter A would beat fighter C.

I'm saying that Brad hasn't beaten a lot of top guys, his strength is Cain's strength, he's smaller than Cain, AND it's his first UFC fight too.

So I'm going with Cain here.

But I won't be upset if he wins either.

MMAplayground has:

Brad - 130
Cain - 100.

That makes Brad the slight favourite to win.

MMA Playground is not a real betting site, and if you go on real sites, you'll find Brad hovering around +150 or so.

Back