OFFICIAL: BJ Penn vs Ricardo Lamas, Main Event in Manila Oct. 15

Who wins?

• Total voters
BJ fans have entered Shogun fan mode. Just give it up already.

NOOOOO!!!!!!

Horrible idea BJ, Lamas is gonna take him down and pound on him. This is one of my least favorite fights he could have taken. We couldn't get Nick Lentz or Cole Miller???

Will we see the return of tippy toes space jam Penn?

I wonder if Lamas will stand and trade. He could easily just take him down right away and go for a GNP finish.

HotAgreeableAmurratsnake.gif

x95l1.gif

BJ has a legit chance of winning this fight, Lamas is far from consistent and is getting old himself.
You're crazy. BJ is so shot now it isn't even funny, & all of lamas's recent losses were to top 5 guys. He will prob finish bj imo.

Except sub... or KO.

So Lamas via decision. I guess?
A tko is not out of the equation at all. Its a 5 round fight & BJ should've retired 4 years ago. He's shot. Lamas will dominate imo. I hope I'm wrong bc it's hard to watch bj get beat on.

Dammit why, just why. Sigh. Penn by ko followed py retirement.

Jbg hear my prayers

I love Baby J and always will......but this is a fight that should have been near the top of the list of, "dudes in my division to avoid".

Terrible match-up.
The only positive I can take from this is that hopefully after a career-defining beating, in a career that has lately been defined by beatings, he will decide to hang 'em up for good.

Voted Bj, I still believe

Reported.

After the last time he came back I said I'd never watch, get my hopes up or even acknowledge another BJ comeback....But here I am again hoping for a successful BJ comeback.

It wont be easy , and i dont dislike Ricardo , but im with BJ all the way.
Lets GO !!

Jesus christ the UFC doesn't give a fuck about its fighters. BJ is going to get the brakes beat off him for 5 rounds. Why did they have him fight such a high level guy???

BJ refuses to take fights out of the top 10 and I can respect that but going from fighting Cole Miller to Lamas is just depressing. Miller was a winnable fight but Lamas... Dammit BJ just go out on a win. Hoping for a BJ miracle. Just Scrap

Bj penn must really be into that SM stuff.. i can find no other explanation for him seeking out these vicious beatings..

tanginang shet naman. Sa Manila pa mamamatay si BJ.

Back