***Official 2019-20 NBA Thread v 1.0: Silver Rack Disciprine***

How should the NBA resolve the China issue?

• Concede China's position and brutally sack Morey

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasn't been healthy for a single playoff game in his career.
giphy.gif

Lol his peak offensive ceiling is top 10 but no version of Steffy has ever been reliable enough to be anywhere near top 10
Impact matters though. No player has ever had the cultural and philosophical impact that Steph had. He literally changed how basketball is played and made it better. So yeah he can't bulldoze his way past centers and dunk the ball, but those other guys can't do what Steph does either.

Plenty of ppl can shoot open 3s.

Its a lot easier to take 50 footers when you are winning in a blowout, which also happens to be the only time FiTP produces.

Plenty of ppl can shoot open 3s.

Its a lot easier to take 50 footers when you are winning in a blowout, which also happens to be the only time FiTP produces.
Plenty of people can dunk too, you moron. Steph's scoring is what makes games blowouts you fucking retard

"I want to see Steph produce in a game where he doesn't score a lot of points so that the score is closer" -Cih

Impact matters though. No player has ever had the cultural and philosophical impact that Steph had. He literally changed how basketball is played and made it better. So yeah he can't bulldoze his way past centers and dunk the ball, but those other guys can't do what Steph does either.
The very nature of his game will always be vulnerable to high variance, as we've seen in literally every Finals he's played in

It simply just isn't reliable/consistent/powerful enough for me to take him and his game top 10 all-time when you have plenty of superstars throughout history who've demonstrated they were capable of grinding out superstar production even when their jumpshat isn't falling. The opposite extreme of Steffy's feast or famine would be guys like MJ, LeBrick, Shaq, Wad, Hakeem, Magic, Barkley, Dirk etc who when they were at their peak could impose their will on every game of a series without needing to be on a hot shaating streak

I get that Steffy is the GOAT floor spacer even when his hand is cold, and that definitely has broad impact overall in terms of building a system around him that can steamroll the regular season, but when everything gets narrowed down in the yoffs to single 4th quarters of games that grind down to a halfcourt war of attrition and ultimately define seasons and legacies, you want and need your lead dog to be able to grab the ball and say "hold my beer" and impose his will on the opponent even if he has to do it by himself. And in that sense, Steffy has always been hit or miss

And all this is not even taking into account defensive impact

"Look all I'm saying is Steph only wins rings. Where are all the all star MVPs and assist titles" -Cih

The very nature of his game will always be vulnerable to high variance, as we've seen in literally every Finals he's played in

It simply just isn't reliable/consistent enough for me to take him and his game top 10 all-time when you have plenty of superstars throughout history who are capable of grinding out superstar production even when their jumpshat isn't falling. The opposite extreme of Steffy's feast or famine would be guys like MJ, LeBrick, Shaq, Wad, Hakeem, Magic, Barkley, Dirk etc who when they were at their peak could impose their will on every game of a series without needing to be on a hot shaating streak

I get that Steffy is the GOAT floor spacer even when his hand is cold, and that definitely has broad impact overall in terms of building a system around him that can steamroll the regular season, but when everything gets narrowed down in the yoffs to single 4th quarters of games that ultimately define seasons and legacies, you want and need your lead dog to be able to grab the ball and say "hold my beer" and impose his will on the opponent even if he has to do it by himself. And in that sense, Steffy has always been hit or miss

And all this is not even taking into account defensive impact
I disagree with everything you have said. You say the high variance is why his productivity is volatile in the finals. Ignoring how differently games are called in the finals then the rest of the playoffs. And you don't even take into account defensive schemes and health.

Just these last finals Curry averaged 31ppg against a defense that boxed and 1 him the whole series. If that isn't testament to his greatness then I don't know what is.

I disagree with everything you have said. You say the high variance is why his productivity is volatile in the finals. Ignoring how differently games are called in the finals then the rest of the playoffs. And you don't even take into account defensive schemes and health.
This is actually speaking to my point

He definitely should've won it over Igudona. That FMVP was ridiculous, lol

Steph is top 5 all time in ppg in the finals. Why he doesn't have 2 or 3 finals MVPs is because of Nike propaganda.
Nah, its because he sucks in crunch time.

KD was by far the best player on that team, and lol @ losing FMVP to a fucking bench player (Iggy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back