Officer charged in Milwaukee shooting

It's possible that with the short time between shots the defense will argue he did not realize the gun was not in his hand when he fired the second shot.

It may be hard to prove he did unless there are witness to his reactions that disprove it.

Reaction time between sight and action is probably over 1.6 seconds. Brain has to see and then adapt and tell the body what to do.

From my experience that happens far more quickly than you suggest. You've never caught something that fell out of a cupboard or hit a baseball? But go ahead an source our science.

I bet you've never shot someone have you? Two seconds in between shots isn't that much time at all, and it's very likely that he didn't see much after the first shot went off. It's not like weaving through traffic for fucks sake.

No offense dude, but you're always unpleasant and kind of a waste of time to talk to because you won't acknowledge what the other person says. At least from what I've seen. If you can't understand my point about traffic then I don't know what else to tell you. But like I say above to the other guy. Go ahead and source your science because from my experience that's a long time for the brain to comprehend what it sees and make a decision. You should probably keep it to the facts of this particular case too, since they're the ones that matter. Bottom line is apparently the DA believes the same as I in that there's enough to put it to a jury.

I bet your posting history will show you defending almost all of these controversial shootings.

No offense dude, but you're always unpleasant and kind of a waste of time to talk to because you won't acknowledge what the other person says. At least from what I've seen. If you can't understand my point about traffic then I don't know what else to tell you. But like I say above to the other guy. Go ahead and source your science because from my experience that's a long time for the brain to comprehend what it sees and make a decision. You should probably keep it to the facts of this particular case too, since they're the ones that matter. Bottom line is apparently the DA believes the same as I in that there's enough to put it to a jury.

I bet your posting history will show you defending almost all of these controversial shootings.

If you think I defend police shootings then you know nothing about me. I'm just not the idiot claiming the two seconds between firing the first and second shot at someone with a gun is like adjusting to normal traffic conditions. They are two completely different experiences, and only one of them sends your adrenaline through the roof. Go look at the "science" for shootings. The way people comprehend their surroundings during a shooting is completely different than any normal situation.

I'd rather be unpleasant to discuss things with than believe stupid shit like a shooting is just like avoiding traffic. 1.6 seconds isn't a long time at all. It takes just about that much time for your brain to even process what it has seen. That's why you drive several seconds behind cars, since you like traffic references. It takes on average 2 seconds to respond to new stimuli on the roadways. In 1.6 seconds he didn't have time to think about that second shot and analyse it. With the fact that there's recoil and hot gas flying, I can completely see how he wouldn't have noticed the gun after he started shooting.

If you think I defend police shootings then you know nothing about me. I'm just not the idiot claiming the two seconds between firing the first and second shot at someone with a gun is like adjusting to normal traffic conditions. They are two completely different experiences, and only one of them sends your adrenaline through the roof. Go look at the "science" for shootings. The way people comprehend their surroundings during a shooting is completely different than any normal situation.

I'd rather be unpleasant to discuss things with than believe stupid shit like a shooting is just like avoiding traffic.

See dude, you just insult without adding anything of concrete value. I'm sorry you can't present your own argument. Kinda pathetic from a debate standpoint to tell me to do the research to back up your claim. Can you understand that?

Reaction time between sight and action is probably over 1.6 seconds. Brain has to see and then adapt and tell the body what to do.
Agreed. This is why it is impossible to hit a pitch in baseball which takes approximately .4 seconds to cross home plate. Oh wait . . .

See dude, you just insult without adding anything of concrete value. I'm sorry you can't present your own argument. Kinda pathetic from a debate standpoint to tell me to do the research to back up your claim. Can you understand that?

It's pathetic that you think vision and reaction times work instantly. It's pathetic that you think a shooting after chasing down an armed criminal is akin to driving. It's pathetic that you start talking about backing up statements with science, but haven't done so for a single statement of your own.

The fact is 1.6 seconds isn't a long time at all. Get a stopwatch and time that for yourself. Now imagine you've just chased someone down and they pulled out a gun. It's dark, you're exhausted, and you've got your adrenaline jacked through the roof. It it really unreasonable for him to have missed the firearm getting tossed in that time? I don't think it is.

Agreed. This is why it is impossible to hit a pitch in baseball which takes approximately .4 seconds to cross home plate. Oh wait . . .

That's actually really cool when you learn why they have the distance between home plate and the pitchers mound at the distance it's at. That's literally the limit of human reaction times. The batter must identify the pitch type and swing almost immediately or he will miss the throw. He starts the swing before the pitcher is done with his follow through.

If you think they're seeing the ball come over the plate, you're an idiot. Baseball swings are largely predictions, hence 3 out of 10 being an all star batting average.

It's pathetic that you think vision and reaction times work instantly. It's pathetic that you think a shooting after chasing down an armed criminal is akin to driving. It's pathetic that you start talking about backing up statements with science, but haven't done so for a single statement of your own.

The fact is 1.6 seconds isn't a long time at all. Get a stopwatch and time that for yourself. Now imagine you've just chased someone down and they pulled out a gun. It's dark, you're exhausted, and you've got your adrenaline jacked through the roof. It it really unreasonable for him to have missed the firearm getting tossed in that time? I don't think it is.

More insults without substance. That's why I skip your posts. Next you'll be challenging me to a fight like you did with @SMEAC.

I bet the cop didn't take 1.6 seconds to process and react to seeing the gun. :D

Dislike both equally, bad guys killing bad guys as far as I'm concerned.

More insults without substance. That's why I skip your posts. Next you'll be challenging me to a fight like you did with @SMEAC.

Feel free to skip my posts. It's no skin off my back. There's this great feature called "ignore". Throw my name in there, and I'll never have to listen to your stupidity again.

Feel free to skip my posts. It's no skin off my back. There's this great feature called "ignore". Throw my name in there, and I'll never have to listen to your stupidity again.

I do. You engaged me. You'd be the one to use the ignore function in order to accomplish what you seek. lol at my stupidity. :rolleyes:

Back