Offering your seat...

I see it in St. Louis and New York as well. I was wondering If this is an Eastern European thing. I had a very similar experience in Prague.
It def. is. Ppl were shocked when I didn't get down some women's luggage in a train in Poland the first time I visited.

If someone is too old or weak to stand then they have run their life course. It's wrong to let the weak continue to be weak. Only strong survive.

If you give up your seat to a fat person, will they feel slighted? Actually make it two people that gave up their seat for the fat person

Sometimes I give up my seat, but elderly people annoy the shit out of me. For example, there was an old guy on a flight I was on that couldn’t carry his bag in the overhead bin and it collapsed on the guy sitting on the seat under the bin. Also, another old guy refused help going down a hard stand and fell down the stairs and broke bones. He delayed us getting off the plane. I know it sounds like I’m an asshole, but if he let the Flight Attendents carry his bags down he wouldn’t have fallen. Stubborn mother fucker delayed us over an hour due to blocking the stairs down.

I have to stand all day at my job. So no. Most old people are retired and women have strong hips and low centers of gravity. Children have endless energy. Seats are first come, first serve.

I'll give up my seat to pregnant and elderly but only if they don't look like welfare that's about it
Wait so if they look poor and down on their luck you won't offer them a seat even if pregnant or elderly?

This seems like a bitter take. You don’t need to be kind to the elderly because it might get you laid. How about just giving up your seat because it’s the right thing to do.

This, I'm sure everyone hopes their grandparents would receive the same courtesy.

This seems like a bitter take. You don’t need to be kind to the elderly because it might get you laid. How about just giving up your seat because it’s the right thing to do.
This, I don't go through life doing nice things because I expect something in return, I do them because it's the right thing to do. Anything else is a plus.

correct. It's not a perfect system but it works for me
Just seems pretty callous and cold.

You are pregnant or old but if you did not look like you were on hard times currently I would give you my seat.

Man I fucking despise it when I hold a door open for a woman and they dont say thank you...i usually just shout your welcome to those cunts.

Note- did this in dublin before to two teenage girls, after i shouted youre welcome one turned round and said “fuck off”
Hopefully the doorway was filled w/ uppercuts immediately thereafter lol

This, I don't go through life doing nice things because I expect something in return, I do them because it's the right thing to do. Anything else is a plus.

Yes, I'm with you. I'm motivated by my intrinsic desire to help.people. I was just trying to widen the audience of this thread.

I only give my seat to pregnant women or handicapped people. I'm not going to hit on them though

On the subway, if way too crowded I always just stand anyways. On the Bus, I always sit in the back. The old/disabled are always in the front.

I offer my seat all the time, where's my love story? :(

Always give up your seat to someone significantly older / who looks infirm. I've done this in each country I've lived in (7) and it's both received well and makes me feel good. Yet to get laid from it.

Youre no better than a shit flinging animal if you dont give up your seat as a dude. Especially to the elderly.

Chicks should do it to in this case.

I'll give up my seat to a legit elderly person, someone handicapped or injured, and occasionally I'll give it up to someone that just looks like they had a shit day.

But why give up a seat to a perfectly healthy woman? She can stand. We need to stop normalizing this babying crap where we act like women are too precious to stand and do other basic shit.

I don't think most people do nice shit for a reward, they do it because they believe it's the right thing to do. But if that niceness is repaid with rudeness, or not even acknowledged? Yea, im gonna stop doing it.
I don’t go out of my way to hold doors or give up seats to women i don't know. Most of the time they don't say shit, and/or have an attitude as if that is the way it is SUPPOSED to be. Continuing to do nice things for mannerless people just empowers them to continue to be cunts

Back