Offering your seat...

Cash Bill 52

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
TLDR... doing kind things like giving up your seat on train can help you pick up chicks...

Do you stand up and offer your seat on public transportation? The elderly, pregnant women, a mom with kids in tow, a person carrying a bunch of bags...

Traveling in Eastern Europe this was the norm. Young people “fighting” to offer their seat to someone. I was in Moscow riding their subway and I found this one of my favorite people watching experiences.

An elderly woman (late 80’s - 90 years old) looking like a bubushka doll gets on the train. A man and woman in their late twenties early thirties jumping up and down trying to figure out who gets to give up their seat. The dude finally “wins.”

The elderly woman, who must have seen a lot in Russia over the last 90 years, starts beaming...”spasiba, spasiba (thank you, thank you...) “ one of the few words in Russian that I know. She continues on and I have no idea what she is actually saying, but I’m translating her body language...”it’s so nice to be treated kindly by wonderful young people. Your parents must be so proud of you. Our future is in good hands. Thank you for your kindness.”

Both millenials were blushing and smiling. The old lady stops talking but her smile doesn’t fade. The millenials go back to their phones... moments later, they both look up and catch each other’s eye. Big smiles on both faces. The old lady’s smile beams even brighter.

I have no idea how this story ended. I got off the train and that was the last I would ever see of them. My guess is that the two millenials fell in love and lived happily ever after. If not, that’s ok. What’s important is that this small act of kindness had great value to everyone who was a witness. I don’t see this in California very often. Let’s start a trend.

Kindness is a very attractive quality.

This seems like a bitter take. You don’t need to be kind to the elderly because it might get you laid. How about just giving up your seat because it’s the right thing to do.

Of course I give up my seat to anyone significantly weaker than me.

Women, elderly, small children.

My father would smack me on the head of didn't. I've taught my son to give up his seat as well.

And I'm not surprised that you don't see this gesture often in California, that place is messed up. There are a lot of conceited assholes in California, people who think of themselves as being above others. Plus, it's probably rude to offer your seat to a woman.

This seems like a bitter take. You don’t need to be kind to the elderly because it might get you laid. How about just giving up your seat because it’s the right thing to do.

That is my point. I am just not sure anybody would really read it on here if there wasn’t some payoff.

Southern boy, here. I give up my seat to a lady, the elderly, a kid or to someone who is obviously having a tough time. It's called being a gentleman and it's always the right thing to do.

Btw... I added the tldr after I wrote this because I am hoping to help the guys on here who have difficulty getting dates. I was purposely being provocative.
Kindness without any obligation for a reward is what I would like for all to enjoy.

Yep, and still hold the door for people, even if they’re far behind me

My father would smack me on the head of didn't. I've taught my son to give up his seat as well.

And I'm not surprised that you don't see this gesture often in California, that place is messed up. There are a lot of conceited assholes in California, people who think of themselves as being above others. Plus, it's probably rude to offer your seat to a woman.

I see it in St. Louis and New York as well. I was wondering If this is an Eastern European thing. I had a very similar experience in Prague.

Glad to see some Mayberry folks offering up some kindness.

I was in the grocery store early this morning. I had quite a few items. The dude behind me had two packs of bacon. I asked, “is that all you have?” There was nobody working at the express lane. I let him go through.
It was Like Christmas for this dude. He was so happy.

An elderly person, yes. Mom with kids, hell no. When I was a kid my mom made me give up my seat to adults. Kids these days are so spoiled.

I find it hilarious that someone would do it to try and pick up chicks off the bus though.

Glad to see some Mayberry folks offering up some kindness.

I was in the grocery store early this morning. I had quite a few items. The dude behind me had two packs of bacon. I asked, “is that all you have?” There was nobody working at the express lane. I let him go through.
It was Like Christmas for this dude. He was so happy.

I often do that too. I try to live by the Golden rule.

I give up my seat to anyone significantly weaker than me as well. Women, children, the elderly, Sherdoggers, Thanos, etc.

I "manspread" them hoes into the corner.
Giving up your seat is some white knight bullshit from 50 years ago, good way to get friend zoned.
7285086-3x2-340x227.jpg

Back