Offended a transgender woman, am I in the wrong?

Nobody is suppressing the sale or purchase of this costume. Therefore, it is not being censored. That is, according to your definition, the criteria. If they get enough of a following and pressure stores to take it off the shelves, those stores are doing so voluntarily and making a business decision based on not wanting to alienate part of their consumer base. That is not censorship either, according to your definition.

Censorship would be legal action preventing the sale and/or purchase of the costume. I can't explain it any more clearly. If you can't understand the difference, it is because you are being willfully obtuse for the sake of advancing your own argument.

-A petition to "take down the costume for sale" is suppressing the sale or purchase of the costume.

-Pressuring a store to take something off their shelves, voluntarily?

-The definition I provided of censorship does not list a "legal action" requirement. Because there isn't one.

... c'mon pal.

So a costume company made a dress for dudes to wear to look like chicks and dudes who wears dresses to look like chicks got offended?

No CIS scum Caitlyn Jenner is a fucking Goddess and you need to recogni.. I can't even get through typing that. You're right and it's people just creating storms in tea cups

Go fuck yourselves.

"Stop having an opinion I disagree with"

While saying that trannies should be nuked is a tad far the point of trannies needing to just shut up and live their lives rather than having everything about their community plastered across the media is valid. Why do you care what trannies think?

No CIS scum Caitlyn Jenner is a fucking Goddess and you need to recogni.. I can't even get through typing that. You're right and it's people just creating storms in tea cups

"Stop having an opinion I disagree with"

While saying that trannies should be nuked is a tad far the point of trannies needing to just shut up and live their lives rather than having everything about their community plastered across the media is valid. Why do you care what trannies think?

I reckon so. I truly find the whole trans thing mind boggling. I don't give a shit, but it definitely strikes me as really strange. It's a far leap between finding it strange and being a dickhead, though.

I think we're just going to have to ride this one out for the next decade or three until society adjusts and trans is no big deal.

We're giving them the attention their parents failed to do.
Unfortunetly they seem to think that's not enough either.

Therefore= nuke them.

Well yes they do just crave attention. The annoying thing is that they want attention and special treatment while simultaneously being treated like everyone else. Nuking is a bit extreme, maybe letting them decide on what they actually want first is a good step.

-A petition to "take down the costume for sale" is suppressing the sale or purchase of the costume.

-Pressuring a store to take something off their shelves, voluntarily?

-The definition I provided of censorship does not list a "legal action" requirement. Because there isn't one.

... c'mon pal.

Jesus. Ok, guy. Whatever you say.

I don't think that particular LGBT person was right, but I don't think any group should have to put up with shit like those posters' comments if they've done nothing to deserve it.

as opposed to the people who HAVE done something to deserve getting rounded up on an island and nuked?

Are we talking about Raiders fans?

Everybody is a victim of something these days. Even if it's their own choice.

I don't think that particular LGBT person was right, but I don't think any group should have to put up with shit like those posters' comments if they've done nothing to deserve it.

I reckon so. I truly find the whole trans thing mind boggling. I don't give a shit, but it definitely strikes me as really strange. It's a far leap between finding it strange and being a dickhead, though.

I think we're just going to have to ride this one out for the next decade or three until society adjusts and trans is no big deal.

Well in essence you have both identified the problem: the trans community treats themselves as a group

What needs to happen is for them to be treated as individuals and to not been seen as special in anyway yet they act as a group and demand special treatment while saying they want to be treated as equals.

I don't care about transsexuals one way or the other. But it's funny how many comments here are saying that transsexuals aren't real people or that they should be killed. Oh jee I wonder why transsexuals feel victimized. Clearly the hate is completely in their head.

I don't care about transsexuals one way or the other. But it's funny how many comments here are saying that transsexuals aren't real people or that they should be killed. Oh jee I wonder why transsexuals feel victimized. Clearly the hate is completely in their head.

Internet comments aren't real life. When did people forget that?

I don't see how your point and hers correlate. I think she's just looking for a r3ason so be offended

Settle down there, Harry TrueMen (only).

Okay that was kind of a stretch but you get the point

Also hai

tumblr_m2oto7SGwf1qzv4vio1_400.gif

why do you give a shit?

I was born okay with my gender, I think. Hard to really say, having zero frame of reference.

But who gives a shit if other people weren't? Hardly justifies "hate" if a fella wants to wear a cocktail dress and call himself Sarah.

Dude is eight out of er I wouldn't worry to.much

Everyone's in some group.

Ok let me ask does your entire identity revolve around your skin tone? Does it revolve around what's between your legs? Does it revolve around your sexual orientation or is it more than that and while you may be gay or black or white there is more to you as an individual?

Would you really want to base who you are solely on whether or not you like to suck dick or where or not you want to have a dick?

Deindividualising yourself and being part of a special snowflake community means you won't be treated as an individual.

They need to stop shouting for attention and live lives as individuals.

Back