Offended a transgender woman, am I in the wrong?

Petition to get something taken down on the internet
"wahhh stop liking what I don't like"

Just stop giving these deranged children attention.

pretty sure that's clearly and exactly what censorship is.

No, it is not. It's people exercising free speech to pressure someone into doing what they think is right. Censorship would be appealing to the law to take punitive action. An even looser definition would be Facebook taking down the post.

Make no bones about it. I think the trannies are wrong here. But I just want to be clear about what is and is not censorship.

Petition to get something taken down on the internet
"wahhh stop liking what I don't like"

Just stop giving these deranged children attention.

Which ones, Alice? Point them out?

No, it is not. It's people exercising free speech to pressure someone into doing what they think is right. Censorship would be appealing to the law to take punitive action. An even looser definition would be Facebook taking down the post.

Make no bones about it. I think the trannies are wrong here. But I just want to be clear about what is and is not censorship.

...did you not read the definition of censorship in the post you quoted and replied to?

...did you not read the definition of censorship in the post you quoted and replied to?

A petition is an official request for something to be "taken down" or suppressed. this is exactly censorship, definitively.

They are not doing either of those. They are simply putting pressure on someone to voluntarily choose to not sell or use a product. And since you want to be all high and mighty about it, the definition doens't mention anything about costumes or Facebook posts.

Dude, what is going on? I had to edit this like 3 times to get my spelling right.

They are not doing neither of those. They are simply putting pressure on someone to voluntarily choose to not sell or use a product. And since you want to be all high and mighty about it, the definition doens't mention anything about costumes of Facebook posts.

I don't understand your game here. Charging out of the gate to lay down the law on the usage of a word you obviously don't even understand.

You've offered no reason that this doesn't meet the definition of censorship. I've presented a clear and distinct definition of the word which clearly and neatly applies to this case and for some reason you insist on challenging this and offering your own awkward definition of what censorship is instead.

That's not me being "high and mighty," it's you insisting on your own versions of words.

I hate transgender men/women, why can't we just accept our first gender...

I'm a huge advocate for equality and against any and all forms of discrimination against the LGBT community.

But you are not in the wrong... at all. If anything, you are owed an apology for the "what broke inside of you?" comment.

The overly PC culture that we live in is actually pushing moderates such as myself away. A couple of years ago, I would have self identified as being a feminist, but now the term is connoted with something awful that I almost want to disavow any association with the group. The LGBT and Black Lives Matter communities are quickly starting to fall into that camp.

I hate transgender men/women, why can't we just accept our first gender...

why do you give a shit?

I was born okay with my gender, I think. Hard to really say, having zero frame of reference.

But who gives a shit if other people weren't? Hardly justifies "hate" if a fella wants to wear a cocktail dress and call himself Sarah.

So a costume company made a dress for dudes to wear to look like chicks and dudes who wears dresses to look like chicks got offended?

I don't understand your game here. Charging out of the gate to lay down the law on the usage of a word you obviously don't even understand.

You've offered no reason that this doesn't meet the definition of censorship. I've presented a clear and distinct definition of the word which clearly and neatly applies to this case and for some reason you insist on challenging this and offering your own awkward definition of what censorship is instead.

That's not me being "high and mighty," it's you insisting on your own versions of words.

Nobody is suppressing the sale or purchase of this costume. Therefore, it is not being censored. That is, according to your definition, the criteria. If they get enough of a following and pressure stores to take it off the shelves, those stores are doing so voluntarily and making a business decision based on not wanting to alienate part of their consumer base. That is not censorship either, according to your definition.

Censorship would be legal action preventing the sale and/or purchase of the costume. I can't explain it any more clearly. If you can't understand the difference, it is because you are being willfully obtuse for the sake of advancing your own argument.

Nobody is suppressing the sale or purchase of this costume. Therefore, it is not being censored. That is, according to your definition, the criteria. If they get enough of a following and pressure stores to take it off the shelves, those stores are doing so voluntarily and making a business decision based on not wanting to alienate part of their consumer base. That is not censorship either, according to your definition.

Censorship would be legal action preventing the sale and/or purchase of the costume. I can't explain it any more clearly. If you can't understand the difference, it is because you are being willfully obtuse for the sake of advancing your own argument.

tumblr_lrxczvJ5B81r04gz0o1_400.gif

This thread is now about the legal definition of censorship.
Which might I add is such:
Originally neutral in tone, the term has come to mean the suppression of ideas or images by the government or others with authority.

interesting. I always read it as Fay-TAL-us

It's fat alice from now on.

Well it's Alis but that's besides the point

It's actually Fa-Tal-iss

Lol @ people caring what the trans community thinks.

Those social outcasts should be sent to their own island and then have it nuked,
Tsar bomb style.

They shouldn't be nuked, they should live their lives doing whatever but they shouldn't be given so much attention.

Back