Offended a transgender woman, am I in the wrong?

I can't wait for the day doctors can put animal limbs onto humans. We'll start hearing about people saying they were supposed to be born a giraffe.

tumblr_n7a00xXf8k1rlo1q2o1_500.jpg

You know, in the previous century, we had these things called "disagreements" or "differences of opinion". Now everything is offensive or hate speech or triggering.

You did nothing wrong. I understand her struggle but telling someone they don't have the freedom to make or wear a costume that makes her unhappy is ludicrous.

Say "This costume is making people recognise and understand trans people. You don't need to attack me, I'm on your side, chill out, dude."

You did nothing wrong. I understand her struggle but telling someone they don't have the freedom to make or wear a costume that makes her unhappy is ludicrous.

you are not factoring in all the murders that costume has caused

Bruce put herself into the public spotlight , his choice, she is making piles of money as a result of that decision. He/ She is now fair game.....you can't have it both ways...

I get her point but I'm inclined to agree with this. I haven't seen the costume and I don't care to but I think the costume's existence is more so evidence of our celebrity culture than it is transphobia, though admittedly those two aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.

So Spirit Halloween has a Kaitlin Jenner costume for sale, and it's offending a lot of people from the trans community. A friend on facebook made a post linking to a petition to take down the costume for sale. I responded: "Even if it is tasteful or offensive, the freedom to do so is what separates our country from the rest. Censorship does not solve the issue."

There's much bigger issues than offensive trans gender costumes. And the costume isn't even that offensive. Here's her/his long winded salty reply:
Feel free to explain how this is a call for censorship.

Tell her the phone or laptop she is posting on was made by people being paid slave wages in China, people who get no benefits, no mat-leave, no human rights. Tell her she supports Chinese human rights violations more than you have ever supported physically attacking trans-gender people.

Chinese factory workers can't even kill themselves. They are denied the sweet release of death and are forced to work-work-work.

So if she agrees to do something about that, you'll agree to stop offending her by making jokes and wearing costumes.

How about that?

She also has the freedom to assemble with and petition the store alongside other transpeople to get it taken off the shelves.

So people are offended that other people want to dress up as something they're not. Seems pretty ironic.

So Spirit Halloween has a Kaitlin Jenner costume for sale, and it's offending a lot of people from the trans community. A friend on facebook made a post linking to a petition to take down the costume for sale. I responded: "Even if it is tasteful or offensive, the freedom to do so is what separates our country from the rest. Censorship does not solve the issue."

There's much bigger issues than offensive trans gender costumes. And the costume isn't even that offensive. Here's her/his long winded salty reply:
Feel free to explain how this is a call for censorship.

I feel like that person never actually addressed your argument.

You did nothing wrong. It's funny that this tranny is scolding you and trying to tie in and make an emotional argument about transgendered people being murdered. What he doesn't say is that most of them get murdered by their gay lovers. Not people like you.

This transsexual has such a victim mentality.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Most of them seem to carry that victim mentality around. Seems to me rights to gays/transsexuals are only fitting if it's offensive towards them. They want to have their cake, eat it, then throw the rest at the wall and expect you to clean it with a smile on your fucking face. Their attitudes make me dislike them especially about shit like this, they need to lighten up because they aren't victims, only of a potentially botched surgery.

So people are offended that other people want to dress up as something they're not. Seems pretty ironic.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. They should be free to do what they want, why can't everyone else do so? Equality and all that jazz.

Just bang bro. Jk

I dunno. Maybe she thinks that someone dressing up in that costume is akin to a White person dressing up in Blackface.

I dunno man..

Back