Offended a transgender woman, am I in the wrong?

MUSTKILL

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So Spirit Halloween has a Kaitlin Jenner costume for sale, and it's offending a lot of people from the trans community. A friend on facebook made a post linking to a petition to take down the costume for sale. I responded: "Even if it is tasteful or offensive, the freedom to do so is what separates our country from the rest. Censorship does not solve the issue."

There's much bigger issues than offensive trans gender costumes. And the costume isn't even that offensive. Here's her/his long winded salty reply:
Feel free to explain how this is a call for censorship.

Last edited:
So Spirit Halloween has a Kaitlin Jenner costume for sale, and it's offending a lot of people from the trans community. A friend on facebook made a post linking to a petition to take down the costume for sale. I responded: "Even if it is tasteful or offensive, the freedom to do so is what separates our country from the rest. Censorship does not solve the issue."

There's much bigger issues than offensive trans gender costumes. And the costume isn't even that offensive. Here's her/his long winded salty reply:
Feel free to explain how this is a call for censorship.

Bruce put herself into the public spotlight , his choice, she is making piles of money as a result of that decision. He/ She is now fair game.....you can't have it both ways...

Bruh, you committed like 7-8 micro-aggressions in your response. Check your privilege. And for the love of god, put a trigger warning in the thread title.

More attacks on free speech. You can dress up as a woman and take hormones and surgery, it won't change your DNA. If you don't like freedom of speech because it offends you, suck it up or fuck off to another country.

She's allowed to voice her opinion just as you are. Neither need to apologize, but I'd suggest dropping it all the same. Advise you aren't offended by it and wish her well on her quest and just step away from the conversation citing difference of opinion and nothing more.

It pisses me off because I want to reply back with some heat but I'll obviously offend much more people in doing so. Trannys are such a touchy subject now jeez

You're not in the wrong but, at least in my eyes, it's probably best to not even comment on shit like that these days. I get a bunch of dummy Facebook friends and when they post idiotic shit, I just unfriend them.

I can't wait for the day doctors can put animal limbs onto humans. We'll start hearing about people saying they were supposed to be born a giraffe.

I can't wait for the day doctors can put animal limbs onto humans. We'll start hearing about people saying they were supposed to be born a giraffe.

Search the "otherkin" tag on Tumblr ASAP.

I don't think you said anything wrong. I support people in that community but I don't support people being offended so easily.

The idea that you are someone of an asshat because you don't share in her outrage at everything is laughable. She is free to be offended by what ever she wants and you are equally free to not be.

It pisses me off because I want to reply back with some heat but I'll obviously offend much more people in doing so. Trannys are such a touchy subject now jeez

You have to do it subtlety, like setting up a headkick

Your argument is dumb, but that's a War Room debate.

Posting it in general is fine, but if you commented on something that a trans friend had posted then you're an asshole. I doubt that's the case since you probably don't have trans people as Facebook friends.

Looks like you're in the clear.

They're not right in the head, so don't take it personally.

Finding chicks with dick gross means that you are actually gay. I was told that the other day here on Sherdog.

You could

a) Ask shim if it would be offensive if a woman wore it.

b) Link shim to the Berry thread with science explaining why straight guys heart shims.

c) Report...block...smile.

Back