Off your diet / trainning

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by Rws177die, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Rws177die

Rws177die Yellow Belt

How long after a tournament do you stop eating healthy and trainning? After Chicago this weekend I have been eating really unhealthy (Pizza, Mexican, Ice Cream). I keep telling myself that I'll get back to trainning and eating right on Monday. Prior to the tournament I was keeping my carbs under 50g and lost 16lbs in two months...

2. irc

irc Brown Belt

really?

3. MonkeyNuts!

MonkeyNuts! Rear Naked Poker

ya rly.

uh ts, just stop eating unhealthy and go train. there's no set time for indulgence.

4. DevinTheDewd

DevinTheDewd Orange Belt

The time you spend jacking around is time that the guys you are fighting next tournament are putting in. That's how i would look at it anyways.

5. BJJ 619***

BJJ 619*** White Belt

For me it depends on when the next tournament is. I have been doing a lot of competitions lately and see them all as warmups for the Worlds No-Gi in Nov.
    Therefore I haven't strayed too far off the diet track, but if there is a tournament I will usually eat/drink whatever I want for the rest of that weekend after the tourney and then maybe up till Wednesday or so depending on how hurt/sore I am.

6. sanuces

sanuces Orange Belt

my diet has always sucked so it doesnt matter if im training for a tourney or not, i'm gonna get my fill of cookies and donuts.

as far as training goes, im back on the mat the following monday

7. Rws177die

Rws177die Yellow Belt

I'm going to roll tonight so I took three days off and ate pretty bad. After the tournament me and a team mate went and got a chicago style pizza, it was fucking awesone, I could only down two slices even after eating just protein bars all day.

8. redaxe

redaxe Silver Belt

I stop drinking beer a few weeks before a tournament--so immediately after a tournament I go drink a LOT of beer. And usually with some pizza or fried chicken or other fatty food. But I'm back to my normal diet and training routine on Monday.

9. Sloth

Sloth Brown Belt

I eat pretty healthy all year round and keep in good shape. I get in better shape around tournament time and eat pretty much the same. I indulge in a burger or something every now and again, but I don't binge on unhealthy stuff much.

10. FlameBoy

FlameBoy Green Belt

I normally spank out the rest of the weekend. Spanking up the rest of the weekend entails, beer, pizza, chocolate, more chocolate and then Icecream, pref Ben and Jerrys.

If Ive performed particularly well then it might last into the middle of the week. Although no matter how far I fall off the diet wagon, if I have a scheduled class I will always be there the next day - win, lose or draw