Crime Off duty cop shoots man in mobility scooter who had a knife, fired but no charges yet

Jesus Christ, couldn't they just like... tip him over? I mean, what's he gonna do, start throwing knives in every direction like an old timey circus performer at a girl on a spinning wooden wheel? From the comfort of his fucking scooter? Seems totally insane and excessive to blast him right away and empty a whole cartridge on the guy.

Last edited:
How should it be shut off then? The body camera is ALWAYS recording visually, you know that right? Activating it turns on the audio recording system as well. When it’s not active it’s just visually recording, when it’s active it’s audio and visually recording. Hope that clears things up.
Sure it does, but hasn’t there been instances of piggly wigglys shutting them off when they about do something stupid? Pretty sure I’ve read something about it, but I don’t care enough to google it, or argue with you. I don’t ever give them the benefit of the doubt due to my own life experiences with them.

Jesus Christ, couldn't they just like... tip him over? I mean, what's he gonna do, start throwing knives in every direction like an old timey circus performer at a girl on a spinning wooden wheel? From the comfort of his fucking scooter? Seems totally insane and excessive to blast him right away and empty a whole cartridge on the guy.

should have brought in the cruisers and went in for the PIT Maneuver!

If you can’t disarm an old man in a mobility scooter waving a knife around without shooting him you have no business being a cop. You’re in a lumberyard; pick up a 2x4 and lay the guy out if you’re too inept to disarm him. Holy crap, what would he do when faced with a real threat?!
I was a reserve cop for a couple of years and out of around 60 officers there were only 3-4 of us who regularly trained for stuff like this; the rest were too lazy to bother.

Man fuck that cop I hope he gets life for murder.

this is so bizarre it looked like real life South Park. Even hos his voice changede “ do not go in the store sir” then 8 shots. Waits a few seconds and shoots him again.

I’ve said it on here for years, the hiring standards are shit. The only problem is they can’t raise them now due to an already massive shortage of candidates. Additionally, they can’t raise the standards because it’ll heavily impact minority hiring and lead to lawsuits against whatever city that implements new hiring standards.

My agency makes over 100k for officer salaries when you top out and we can't fill our numbers. We're down like 40 bodies. I can't imagine how others are doing.

But seriously, if you think shooting some old dude in a Rascal with a pocket knife is a good idea you need to turn in your badge

Thanks man, i alway appreciate your prospective on things law enforcement related.

in this case he was off duty though so maybe he didn't have a baton?

in this case he was off duty though so maybe he didn't have a baton?

he had a shirt on. he could have just wrapped his shirt over the guys head from behind blinding him. i mean the options are endless for a guy whose top speed is about 3 miles an hour.......

Tipping the scooter over isn’t an option. Sure it’s better than shooting him 9 times without even attempting to use a less than lethal option but shooting him also shouldn’t have been on the table. I don’t get why officers carry tasers and batons and fail to use them. We carry these tools for these exact situations.

that's fine but my point is that there were TONS of options short of shooting the poor guy.

_118217132_f590a92d-c688-4e6c-826a-16ea82884e28.png

_118375922_d1b376fd-11a8-43c8-9de5-1fb4293df829.png

Thanks man, i alway appreciate your prospective on things law enforcement related.
No problem. I’m glad I can talk about my experiences and others find it valuable.

Reactions: LMP
he had a shirt on. he could have just wrapped his shirt over the guys head from behind blinding him. i mean the options are endless for a guy whose top speed is about 3 miles an hour.......

yeah...this isn't an option lol

No cuz cops can’t operate using any semblance of common sense. If a man with no legs and arms is shimmying across the ground towards you with a steak knife between his teeth you’ve gotta shoot him 5000 times just in case cuz you’re trying to make it home to your family.

Strange this isn't major news... oh, he's not black. Nervermind.

yet those people who brazenly stole from those couple stores a few days ago and took multiple tvs and dozens of detergent bottles and other things weren't confronted and just let go as if they weren't doing anything wrong ..

Last edited:
Back