Of all people yg is bringing west coast hip-hop back

Was thinking you said B.G, and then I thought damn is C-Murder still in prison, and my suspicions were confirmed.

Eat a dick. The Infamous is the GOAT hip hop album.

Hip hop's low point was when the south blew up in the mid 2000s. D4L? Mike Jones? Young Dro? What the fuck was that?

"My arts Is crafty darts, while y'all stuck on Laffy Taffy
Wondering, how did y'all *****s get past me?" - Ghostface

bro, i'm not talking about the early to mid 90s;...I'm talking about the P.Diddy jay Z and dipset era..which was like early millennium.

Hell on Earth is one of my fav jams from mobb deep, and big pun was always holding it down.

This is true, Late 90's early 00's popular hip hop was moist to me. There was always good underground shit though; Black Star, Reflection Eternal, Red and Meth, Non Phixion and a lot of other stuff.

Hip hop's low point was when the south blew up in the mid 2000s. D4L? Mike Jones? Young Dro? What the fuck was that?

You're tripping the south had and has some fucking dope artists and music

Not only this but Hip Hop really fell apart when Lil Wayne hit it big in 2008 because not only did he get shoved down our throats in every possible genre of music to the point that even Shakira couldn't do a song with Lil Wayne on it but then he spouted numerous Lil Wayne clones and guy trying to rap in his shitty style. With Drake and Nicki being the biggest acts in hip hop right, we STILL can't get rid of him.

God I hate that sound.

Just let it die. And that's not g funk btw.
That absolutely is G-Funk.

One of the most classic west coast sounds. Warren G, DJ Quick, Dove Shack, etc...

If you hate that sound I don't know what to tell ya. I grew up on that shit and IMO it still holds up today.

I was just lamenting to my friend Mabel about this.

So I says to Mabel, I says "Mabel, west coast hip hop needs to come back"

Mabel was all like "True....true"

There is very little true regional music left. Most artist and producers mingle at this point and if you look at a mix of all of the beats on any given album, it will have influences from all over the country and many different eras.

you want that gumbo, not soup.

bro, i'm not talking about the early to mid 90s;...I'm talking about the P.Diddy jay Z and dipset era..which was like early millennium.

Hell on Earth is one of my fav jams from mobb deep, and big pun was always holding it down.

Well, if we're talking about gay east coast hip hop, then public enemy number one is right here:

soetdeinhhvf8azohqlp.jpg

There is very little true regional music left. Most artist and producers mingle at this point and if you look at a mix of all of the beats on any given album, it will have influences from all over the country and many different eras.

you want that gumbo, not soup.

Translation : everybody sounds the same now which is why shit sucks so bad

My minority opinion is that the loss of Nate Dogg was the biggest blow to west coast hip hop

Is Eminem considered West Coast? Isn't he the only one even making rap these days? (that isn't just a 30 second verse in a Katy Perry song)

Is Eminem considered West Coast? Isn't he the only one even making rap these days? (that isn't just a 30 second verse in a Katy Perry song)

This might be the whitest post ever

The members of NWA the greatest west coast rap group of all time, didnt even write their own rhymes.
Dr Dre's best song ever "Still Dre"
was written by NYC's own Jay -Z.
LoL hard @ west coast "hip hop".

The members of NWA the greatest west coast rap group of all time, didnt even write their own rhymes.
Dr Dre's best song ever "Still Dre"
was written by NYC's own Jay -Z.
LoL hard @ west coast "hip hop".

Dre and E didn't write their own shit but if you think that also applies to Cube and Ren you sir are very wrong

Back