Of All Banned Maneuvers, Which Most Deserve To Be Allowed?

There are quite a few that don't deserve to be banned and at same time it actually sickens me that something as brutal as this here isn't banned:

ExcitableRadiantDassierat-size_restricted.gif

Apologies for posting such unnecessary brutal carnage, but just wanted to get my point across

I typed "headbutts." The ridiculous spell check that comes with my computer decided to change "headbutts" to "headsets." That is an example of what the computer companies call "progress."

Proofread. Yeah the computers fault.

Everybody underestimates the kick to the groin.

dQGVuv.gif

There are quite a few that don't deserve to be banned and at same time it actually sickens me that something as brutal as this here isn't banned:

ExcitableRadiantDassierat-size_restricted.gif

Apologies for posting such unnecessary brutal carnage, but just wanted to get my point across
You are a savage!

PRIDE rules for the win. Bring back the Ring !!!!!

12-6 elbows. This rule doesn't even make sense. I think leg strikes to the head of a downed opponent should be allowed or at least better defined (putting your hand down to avoid a knee to the face is BULLSHIT). But I can at least understand the logic of "holy shit did you see what Wanderlei Silva did to that guy when he stomped his face? We need to ban that shit NOW." I don't agree with it, especially in its current form, but I get it. 12-6 elbows literally don't even make sense. I've never had anything positive to say about Jon Jones, even before he got the DUI, the hit-and-run, the cocaine positive test, or his current trouble. But he did not lose the fight with Matt Hamill. That rule is by far the stupidest, most pointless rule in modern MMA.

Groin strikes would change most of what people call effective in MMA but it would make for a very weird and probably boring sport.

On a serious note, upkicks need to be there.

12 to 6 elbows. Im still not 100% sure what this means but it's dumb. I feel like fighters are learning how to sneak past this rule and so they should.
The way John McCarthy describes it is: the clock is perpendicular to the ground. It NEVER moves. If the elbow travels from 12 to 6 with NO deviation, it's illegal. If it moves at all, even if it goes straight down and then very slightly arcs an inch from the dude's head, it's legal.

That's the one I'd get rid of first, mostly because true 12 to 6 elbows are almost never thrown and the difference between that and, say, an 11 to 5 elbow is minuscule.

Second choice would be knees to the head of a grounded opponent, and if we can't have that, then the new ABC rules where one hand on the mat doesn't make you grounded is a good start.

Also, upkicks to a grounded opponent. Come on, that's bananas.

Knees to the head of an opponent who intentionally grounds himself by placing a hand on the mat when in a vulnerable position

Back