Of All Banned Maneuvers, Which Most Deserve To Be Allowed?

Upkicks to downed opponent
1895548_o.gif

I agree. That one would be a game changer for some guys, like Mousasi for example.

And fuck, how does it make sense in the first place that a guy on top of you is considered a "floored" opponent in this context? It's dumb and nonsensical.

eye pokes.

let the goat Jon Jones live.

You think a soccer kick to the head is as safe as a overhand right? Really? Think you can generate the same power with your hand as with your leg?

Head kick to the head think is identical ?

You think a soccer kick to the head is as safe as a overhand right? Really? Think you can generate the same power with your hand as with your leg?
yes.

also, knees to the head of a downed opponent.

Knees to the head of a down opponent. It would make side control lethal. And make lazy take down attempts very dangerous.

Upkicks to downed opponent
1895548_o.gif

This. No reason not to have them.

Soccer kicks and stomps just too unpalatable; would hold the sport back.

Knees on the ground (or certainly an adaptation to the rules which would allow knees to a kneeling/crouching opponent) a hard sell, but worth bringing back IMO.

All of it should be allowed. But to answer TS question, if I had to pick one..... Aw, I've got to pick two haha:

12 to 6 elbows. Im still not 100% sure what this means but it's dumb. I feel like fighters are learning how to sneak past this rule and so they should.

Up kicks when both are on the ground. I've liked this technique in other promotions and think it would improve ground exchanges.

But really, unarmed combat should not have rules.

Upkicks
No kicks to a downed opponent should be reviewed. Putting a hand on the ground should not count as downed. I don't want soccer kicks though. I think the risk of neck injury is too high.

No gouging, pulling or twisting of skin.

Allow the Nurple of Doom. Imagine it...someone taps to the nurple... glorious.

Back