Of All Banned Maneuvers, Which Most Deserve To Be Allowed?

Blackjack

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The criteria for banning a previously legal maneuver should that it caused an inordinate number of serious injuries. Keeping that criteria in mind, what fighters received career ending injuries from headbutts or injuries which required a long period of convalescence from which to return? I'd like to ask the same question about knees to the head of a downed opponent.

In comparison, are high kicls to the head historically safer than headsets or knees to the head of a downed opponent and if not, doesn't that make it obvious that the criteria for banning moves is not objective scientific criteria, but rather subjective criteria in which the ultimate arbiter has nothing to do with fighter safety?

We have pussies who ignore logic and ban shit because it looks bad.

Soccer kicks,Stomps,Knees to head are as safe as high kicks/Over hand rights etc.

There is zero evidence that soccer kicks,stomps, or knees to head are more dangerous.

In comparison, are high kicls to the head historically safer than headsets or knees to the head of a downed opponent and if not, doesn't that make it obvious that the criteria for banning moves is not objective scientific criteria, but rather subjective criteria in which the ultimate arbiter has nothing to do with fighter safety?

They have never allowed headsets into the octagon. This kind of low IQ drivel needs to be filtered out of Sherdog.

soccer-kick.jpg

They have never allowed headsets into the octagon. This kind of low IQ drivel needs to be filtered out of Sherdog.

I typed "headbutts." The ridiculous spell check that comes with my computer decided to change "headbutts" to "headsets." That is an example of what the computer companies call "progress."

None of them, they are banned for a reason

Punches to the testicles
Fishhooking

We have pussies who ignore logic and ban shit because it looks bad.

Soccer kicks,Stomps,Knees to head are as safe as high kicks/Over hand rights etc.

There is zero evidence that soccer kicks,stomps, or knees to head are more dangerous.
You think a soccer kick to the head is as safe as a overhand right? Really? Think you can generate the same power with your hand as with your leg?

Soccer kicks. Power generated should not be a part of the equation, only the area of the body impacted imo, regardless of position (standing/clinch/ground).

It's not just the damage that is caused, some moves just 'look' bad and were ruled illegal to help legitimise the sport.
Stomping on someones head is not a demonstration of a professional martial artist.

Having said that, i loved pride rules.

kick-to-3-point-opponent-o.gif

By no stretch of the imagination should this guy have been considered "downed"

football kicks and knees on the ground

Heart ripping
heart-rip-o.gif

Will push MMA fighters to work on theyr heart-rip defense

Back