Odd belt progression

Originally Posted by b0b
Most people are not walking around in durable bath robes. Even with windbreakers and jackets, you will not be able to get a good grib, and even if you did, the sleeves would probably just rip anyways. I would rather learn how to get good positioning without gripping anything that using the gi as a crutch.

hmm.. let's see dennim jackets, canvas jackets, leather jackets, goretex jackets... Yea they rip the instant you grab them. The bottom line is this: It does not matter if you do gi or no gi. In the street they might wear a jacket or not wear a jacket what matters is that you know how to handle yourself on the ground. Against 90%+ of the population it does not matter. "What about the other 10%?" My advice is not to fight them.

While I would love to get into this No-Gi vs Gi debate ... i've decided to take the high road and ignore your stupid comment.

It is safe to say if you haven't trained both Gi and no Gi that there is the possibility that you have missed something. If you haven't trained both ways, why not try it? No one is asking you to convert, just check it out, knowledge is power...forget who said that. Some of our classes are Gi optional, and the results are not what you might always expect.

Gracie Jiu JItsu is: White - Blue - Purple - Brown - Black

and in Gracie Jiu Jitsu i think they have an orange belt for young kids in between white and blue

Back