October 1st: UFC divisions will never be the same

People will have to move up weight classes.Either that or people were taking about getting round the ban using glass bottles instead of an iv bag.Be interesting to see for sure.

So they can use glass bottles instead of plastic iv bags when hydrating so the plastic doesnt show up in the tests?? what kind of tube would they use to get that into the body?

So they can use glass bottles instead of plastic iv bags when hydrating so the plastic doesnt show up in the tests?? what kind of tube would they use to get that into the body?

Pig intestine?

this is bullshit. Cerrone finally gets a title shot, but he cant use a IV. Fuck these pricks dicking with peoples lives. It has nothing to do with weight cutting for all of you that dont know. Zero to do with weight cutting. Blood doping. Everyone uses IV's so it will be felt thru the UFC. The contracts the fighters signed originally didnt say that they could not use iv's. Im surprised this has any hooks in it and is really going to happen.

Lots of people were pushing for the UFC to come down hard on PEDs. They hired a regulator and now he is going to draw a line in the sand. IV bans are going to be a major part of his stance in order to prevent blood doping.

This is what the people wanted, but I think they didn't quite see just how much change would be required for the UFC to take it seriously.

I think we are going to be in for a least one more strange year as big names pull out of fights or get tagged for IV use and PED use.

Honestly the weight cutting is out of control they needed to do something, I am not sure if this is the right move but i do agree with an attempt to stop the extreme cuts

images

hi-res-8683ea85d0b97755c98cf34f6661967e_crop_exact.jpg

One of the biggest stars in the sport walks around looking like this before a fight, it needs to stop

I'll be surprised if we don't see a lot of weight class jumps.

Aldo, Weidman and Conor are a few that come to mind.

THE RETARD IN THIS THREAD is strong. To all the dumbo posters talking about missed weight, what do IVs have to do with cutting weight? It's only for rehydration. SO we're talking about bad rehydration. Ok, got it, morons?? Good!

Remember when aldo said he will still use it wounder what he will do now

MMA needs to get organized, if you gonna have a more strict policy for the weight cut, why not make everything complete and make same day as fight weigh ins? Increase a bit the weight limit for the divisions and get the shit more professional, guys keeps making small changes that won't work completely, just makes the sport looks bad.

There are some contractual issues surrounding the IV ban. The main problem is that there is no law prohibiting the use of IVs for rehydration. You'll hear more about this once they try to enforce it.

THE RETARD IN THIS THREAD is strong. To all the dumbo posters talking about missed weight, what do IVs have to do with cutting weight? It's only for rehydration. SO we're talking about bad rehydration. Ok, got it, morons?? Good!

I wonder why they'd need to rehydrate?

"Your a idiot"--LSU

This is exactly right. Looking forward to all the depleted fighters after cutting 20lbs in 7 days and no IV. They deserve to suck.

Hate to say it but 'bout time. It's an extra process to delegate your true class obviously after the weigh in.

does everyone use IV to rehydrate? does sherdog know who uses IV?

I just don't know how McGregor is going to recover haha. Just think about how bad he looks after weigh ins. Man oh man, I hope no one gets seriously hurt.

Apparently he doesn't use an IV.

Of course you don't. You are not paying attention.

Under WADA, for all sports, IV is a prohibited method. A TUE may be granted to medications on a case by case basis, but not for hydration. IF IV hydration is necessary, you must be administered to a hospital setting.

@26:33
[YT]4HQXLEC7NxU[/YT]

I bet you get punched in the face quite a bit in real life.

Fucking toolbox

Good.

It'll be ugly for a while but divisions need to be cleaned up and rearranged. There's no reason to see a 200 pound man fighting in the 170 division.

I agree. The first few events might have some real bad performances though, specially because this will be combined with the new anti PED policy.

Good like boxers cut only 10-15 pounds this is great

boxing has way more weight classes to work with. i'm probably in the minority here but i think it's bogus if they're not going to create more weight classes so people can fight closer to their natural weight

Back